Kaw H2 SX SE New Side Bags

ricer1

I have never liked the look of side bags on bikes and have always been able to use rolls bags secured on the back seat during warm weather, summer here or Florida in winter. I can go five days with storage of summer light clothes. I went on a May trip to the BRP and the dragon and had to take cold weather clothes, just in case. I couldn't stuff all the gear in my roll bag and had to ask others in the ride group to put things in their bags. I just had the side bags installed yesterday, they don't look bad, more importantly I can remove them in minutes. I will only need these bags for 20% of my riding, but I can imagine getting used to the storage capacity and keeping them on the bike.    

Bag1.jpg

Bag4.jpg

Bags2.jpg

Bags3.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, magley64 said:

Looks really good, kinda want one of those, but couldn't justify almost double the price of a zx14...

I like the sport bike engines in sport tour ergonomics. I had a 2013 Kaw Ninja 1000 and was considering waiting for the Ducati V4 Streetfighter for a new bike purchase, then I found out Kaw came out with H2R in an sport tour bike, I bought the Kaw H2 SX SE sight unseen. The Duc Streetfighter was even more expensive than the Kaw H2 SX SE, so I saved money... LOL! I currently also have a 2006 FZ1 and 2017 FZ10, these are great bikes for aging bikers. 

The H2 SX SE was at the top of my list when I was looking for a bike. I couldn't find a decent deal on one when I stumbled on the deal on my current bike that I couldn't pass up. I would like to have the faster Kawasaki and can wait until the right deal comes along to pick one up.

I always ride with a top box on my bike and occasionally have the side cases on for trips which has only been three times so far. I have more storage capacity with the three cases than a Goldwing.

20180407_133553.jpg

20180407_133607.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Don't let Jim hear you say that. The Goldwing is a perfect motorcycle. 

His trunk must be massive since his saddlebags are smaller than mine. Or he might be bad at math.

I have 130 liters of storage, side cases are 36 liters each and the top case is 58 liters.

Every case on mine is bigger that the Goldwings since the side cases are only 30 liters and the top case is only 50 liters.

My math might be wrong but all of my cases come off and I can go riding with my sport bike buddies without holding them up.