WTF did I just do?

Bubba

Had an opportunity to pick up a one owner, garage kept Buell Cyclone M2 with 18K miles.  Guy worked as a HD mechanic and bought it new in New York.  Added a bunch of factory options like the tach, Buell-branded soft luggage, flat-slide Mikuni.  Wasn't really looking but it kind'a fell in my lap, so to speak.  Color is "Molten Orange".  Pretty much unmolested.  430# dry weight with 91 HP and 85 lbft of torque sounds like fun....

IMGP3025.JPG

IMGP3021.JPG

IMGP3024.JPG

IMGP3026.JPG

IMGP3027.JPG

• Beer 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JT72 said:

buy some tread locker, you are going to need a lot of it. My 98 S3T shakes like a dog shitting razorblades. 

Yeah, it's got a good case of shimmies below about 2600 RPM but smooths out above that, and mirrors are as clear as my Weestrom's at 60 MPH in 5th gear.  The Buell is certainly a different beast than I'm used to...

The M2 was probably the best of the tube frame (pre-XB) Buells. 

I know for XBs the OEM drive belts are no longer available.  There are belts that will "fit" but they are not spec-ed for Buells.  Not sure about the tubers.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

The M2 was probably the best of the tube frame (pre-XB) Buells. 

I know for XBs the OEM drive belts are no longer available.  There are belts that will "fit" but they are not spec-ed for Buells.  Not sure about the tubers.

Reading thru the then-current reviews of the 1999 model release, the M2 was the most loved of the Buell models, even tho it was carb'd.  Apparently, the EFI was not quite ready for prime time.  I haven't tried to source any parts yet, as it appears to be in fine shape, the PO said the belt is original, so I plan to at least go hunting at some of the bigger H-D dealers in the region to at least have one on hand....assuming I can find one.

2 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Reading thru the then-current reviews of the 1999 model release, the M2 was the most loved of the Buell models, even tho it was carb'd.  Apparently, the EFI was not quite ready for prime time.  I haven't tried to source any parts yet, as it appears to be in fine shape, the PO said the belt is original, so I plan to at least go hunting at some of the bigger H-D dealers in the region to at least have one on hand....assuming I can find one.

I doubt any Harley dealers are going to have useful information on the M2.  Even when Buell was still active, support was awful at the Chrome Castles.       

This is your best/only source of info:  https://badweatherbikers.com/

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

I found dealer support during my short Buell ownership was worse than if I had owned a MotoGuzzi in Antarctica. 

Can confirm that Guzzi dealer support is sparse at best in Ohio, let alone options in the exceptionally far south - still would not prevent me from picking up another one because more is more.

4 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I doubt any Harley dealers are going to have useful information on the M2.  Even when Buell was still active, support was awful at the Chrome Castles.       

This is your best/only source of info:  https://badweatherbikers.com/

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

I found dealer support during my short Buell ownership was worse than if I had owned a MotoGuzzi in Antarctica. 

Geez, you guys are real rays of sunshine.  😂  I wasn't expecting parts to be available at Bike Bandit on a 1-day shipping basis, but figured there might still be some NOS sitting in dealers parts store.  Given that I prolly won't be putting big miles per year on it or doing 2-week cross-country tours, I'm hoping I'll get a few years of fun before I start the grinding and gnashing of teeth....

@Tpoppa  Thx for the link!

Edited by Bubba

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'm waiting on 2 things from BikeBandit. An air filter for my sv that I ordered on the 16th still hasnt been shipped.....

I ordered a rear tire from MC-motosports on amazon 9 days ago, 7 days ago it said shipping label was created, 4 days ago i emailed them because tracking has gone nowhere. They reply that sometimes it takes a couple days for tracking to show up. and here we are today. Nothing but a created shipping label on the 22nd. I'll give it another day or two before the asshole in me shows up. Today was the promised delivery day when I ordered. 

4 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I ordered a rear tire from MC-motosports on amazon 9 days ago, 7 days ago it said shipping label was created, 4 days ago i emailed them because tracking has gone nowhere. They reply that sometimes it takes a couple days for tracking to show up. and here we are today. Nothing but a created shipping label on the 22nd. I'll give it another day or two before the asshole in me shows up. Today was the promised delivery day when I ordered. 

It took me 10 days to get a tire from Revzilla.

Carriers are getting their asses kicked by COVID right now.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

It took me 10 days to get a tire from Revzilla.

Carriers are getting their asses kicked by COVID right now.

I usually get them in 2 days from RMATVMC, but they didn't have the size I needed in stock. I think this one slipped through the cracks, no reason that that shipping has gone cold after week. Doesn't even say it's been picked up yet. every time I have a amazon order that the tracking goes cold on after a couple day it's usually lost. 

Edited by 2talltim

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'm waiting on 2 things from BikeBandit. An air filter for my sv that I ordered on the 16th still hasnt been shipped.....

I'm going on 4 weeks now waiting on SV parts from them.

Well i was an asshole today and this is all I got. Fucking generic response. We are now 3 days past the promised delivery date and 2 weeks past order date. If they can't fullful when the promise they shouldn't promise. Just seems like COVID is just every ones excuse for shitty customer service now.

Like so many we are short staffed and backed up due to COVID 19 (including USPS). This is causing delays as order volume is at high levels and staff is at very low levels. I see your order is processed and will be shipped out any day. Thank you in advance for your patience. Please keep an eye on that tracking and it should start moving very soon. Thank you

And this is what the tracking has shown for over a week.

Screenshot_20200701-215108_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4068e16071d3c07b35798ac84a4f946a.jpg

Edited by 2talltim