Let them die.

Tonik

I agree let them die. I think that company has been taking advantage of their consumers for decades. Selling a not premium product for a premium price. Building huge cathedral type buildings on the coat tails of the douped fan base. Time to let them wallow in their own demise because they refuse to give in to what the masses wanted at a price point the average joe could afford.  

HD had its heyday, but all things come to an end. This is what happens when you build your product on an ideal, rather than market research. 

29 minutes ago, Tonik said:

The only downside is a lot of Harley riders will buy bikes like ours and end up here.

Good. Maybe one of them will buy my Ducati.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pauly said:

This is what happens when you build your product on an ideal, rather than market research. 

Originally it was a genius plan do build on the ideal. They killed it. Problem was they didn't keep up, in part because if they had pivoted to new products they would have lost their current market share.

Harley's lack of innovation has not typically been an issue for them.  People bought them as modern antiques.

...but, all the bikes they made in their late 2000s hayday are flooding the used market, and prices are dropping.  Those used bikes are 95% the same as new Harleys and way cheaper..and they're old-school/air-cooled.

10 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Manufacturers that build innovative, engaging motorcycles are still doing well in the US.

I think that list is limited to BMW, Triumph, KTM, Ducati, Yamaha, and Kawasaki.

Suzuki as well.

• Haha 1