Muckles and Skinny Guy's Friday 6/12 OH & WV adventures

Muckles

The day started off early enough in Carrollton, Ohio at 9:30 am. Muckles having decided against a long slab ride there and back decided to trailer it down from Cleveland to the Tractor Supply on route 43 North on the north side of town. 

@Skinny guy was kind enough to allow Muckles to lead for a time. Muckles apparently has a knack for planning routes with closed roads.

Muckles subsequently found a handy web site for closed roads. https://www.ohgo.com/

They took route 43 out of Carrollton to route 9 south to St. Clairsville. Due to the closure of 9 farther south a detour was executed across 70 to catch 800 south. After having to double back on route 148 due to a route 26 closure, the executive decision was made to have @Skinny guy take the reins. They then followed 800 to the junction with 26.

The weather was warmer than expected at about 85*, but perfect for the carving the shaded 26 and Archers fork Rd down to see St. Mary's.

WV proceeded to be very adventurous with roads not nearly a maintained as the riders would have liked. Route 16 out of St. Mary's introduced the duo to washed out roads reduced to one lane and heavy truck traffic. Though between the obstacles there were some fantastic sections of twistie roads on the way to Smithville.

Once at Smithville they cut across a short section of 47 to 74 North. 74 came complete with a deer and tortoise Slalom race and hillbilly dodge-um practice. Though the road did not disappoint and was a blast up to the junction with 18 in Joseph's Mill, WV.

They continued up route 18 to route 180 and up to New Martinsville where they meandered up route 7 to 556. Good thing they took thier time as the sheriff's were waiting on 7 for the outlaw bikers to slip up so th6e could slap them with a gigantic speeding ticket.

Route 556 was fantastic fun up to Beallsville when they connected with 145. 

The rest of the run was a repeat of 148 to 800 to 799 to Deersville, OH. they went around Tappan Lake on Deersville Ridge Road to 250. As it was getting late they decide to take 646 to 151 to 332 into Carrollton.

It was an amazing journey. Many lessons were learned and planning for the next epic adventure had begun!

20190812_234032.jpg

20200612_153346.jpg

VideoCapture_20200612-223558.jpg

• Like 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

Wait; what about food? Dintcha stop anywhere for lunch?? And no pictures of it?

You know what I meant to put that in there! No no food pictures, I have to get better about taking pictures. We stopped at the McDonald's in St Mary's. There used to be some nice big trees to provide shade, but they cut them all down 😭.. The horrors!

32 minutes ago, Tonik said:

We have a thread dedicated for road food. Forgot about that, brb.

I'll have to go check it out, I love finding cool little places to eat when I'm on shorter ride. This one just ended up taking longer than I expected, but didn't have much experience to base it on.