Cwipperman

cwipperman

Hey guys,

I am a new rider from the Columbus Area. Possibly looking to participate in some of the group rides or just meet more people to tag along with on some rides. I just picked up my first bike a few weeks ago and I extremely enthusiastic to go out and learn new things. 

Hope to see some of you soon! 

Chad

39 minutes ago, cwipperman said:

Hey guys,

I am a new rider from the Columbus Area. Possibly looking to participate in some of the group rides or just meet more people to tag along with on some rides. I just picked up my first bike a few weeks ago and I extremely enthusiastic to go out and learn new things. 

Chad

Hi newbie rider.....

Please take to heart..... 

The classic saying on being a new rider--- You first get a full bucket of luck and an empty bucket for skill. When you start out, you are mostly using up the luck bucket. Your job is to fill up the skill bucket before the luck bucket runs out. 

Best wishes and welcome to riding. - Practice as much as you can, and  find a more experienced buddy to ride with and ask lots of questions.. 

Edited by mello dude
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

Welcome aboard!

As you get into group riding remember the golden rule. Ride your own pace no matter how fast the group is going. Do not push it. Any group from here will wait for you at the next turn, and truly does not care if they have to wait. In fact it will make them happy that you are riding your own pace.

Any group that won't wait, or tells you to speed up is a crap group and you should leave it immediately.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Thank you for your warm welcome! I appreciate all the encouraging words.i plan on taking it slow starting off and try to meet more experienced riders to get a better understanding on safe practices while riding !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cwipperman said:

Thank you for your warm welcome! I appreciate all the encouraging words.i plan on taking it slow starting off and try to meet more experienced riders to get a better understanding on safe practices while riding !

Welcome! Where are you in columbus area? I'm just outside of Utica, would be happy to ride with you! 😀

I'm from Cleveland, but like many others here I am down south frequently! I'm always D2R and don't mind incorporating in newer riders to my plans. The golden rule, as @Tonik said, is "Ride Your Own Ride" we'll wait for you at the next turn if needed. Let me know of you want to get out on a longer whole day ride and we can work something out!

Edited by Muckles

On 6/14/2020 at 9:56 PM, cwipperman said:

Hey guys,

Chad

I live in Springfield, somewhat recent to Ohio. Ive been looking around myself for group rides/meets etc. Got a 2020 ZX14R.

Welcome to this most excellent corner of the internet, there's plenty of good advice to be found here (Tonik's post earlier in this thread is but one example).  You'll also find plenty of sarcasm, questionable humor, and friendly insults.