Sunday ride 6-7

Gpaw

I plan on repeating a portion of this loop Friday. Instead of taking 74 North I'm thinking about taking 18 all the way up and cross the river at New Martinsville. It's going to be a long haul and probably 500 plus miles for me. I'm basically going to start in Carrollton which is about 75 miles south of my house. Hope to be there by 9:30. Rest will go from there.

3 hours ago, Skinny guy said:

I might be interested but like Pauly said some of 18 sucks 74 to 18 to 180 to New Martinsville is better.What route are you taking to St Marys

I was thinking about running 43 out of Carrollton to 9 to 148 West to 26 South To 537 to 260 back to 26 to Marrietta then 7 to St Mary's.

Then the WV loop which I'm fine with adapting as you mention above.

Then 536 to 78 to 800 North to 799 and around tappan lake to 646 to 151 to 164 to 644 and we could split in Kensington and I was planning on taking 30 over to 183 North.

I'm still learning the southern routes so there May be more desirable ways to go, but this is what I had mapped out.

536 was really tight at one of the construction stop lights a few weeks ago. I had barely enough room to squeeze my bike between the concrete barrier and the edge of the road. It's possible, but coming down 556 might be more fun. 

536 is a mess. 

2 minutes ago, Pauly said:

536 was really tight at one of the construction stop lights a few weeks ago. I had barely enough room to squeeze my bike between the concrete barrier and the edge of the road. It's possible, but coming down 556 might be more fun. 

536 is a mess. 

Thanks for the heads up, how about 255? Any thoughts?

45 minutes ago, Pauly said:

556 might be more fun. 

556 used to be one of my favorites (5 years ago).

Anymore, that road has been ruined by fracking traffic.  The last 3 or 4 times I woundup riding at 35mph behind convoys.  

47 minutes ago, Muckles said:

Thanks for the heads up, how about 255? Any thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I have not been on 255 except for last summer. I remember half of it being excellent and half being trashed. @Tonik may remember. 

One of my favorites.

Last year it was trashed, almost a gravel road in places....huge crater pot holes. It was not a road you could ride on. I can find no evidence on Google that it has been repaved so I would bet it is still the same.

Someone will have to take one for the team and try it out I guess.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

556 used to be one of my favorites (5 years ago).

Anymore, that road has been ruined by fracking traffic.  The last 3 or 4 times I woundup riding at 35mph behind convoys.  

Meh...  you just need to make room like I do. :lol:

• Upvote 2