Summer Fun and Sun in the Dirty South Ride (evening of 6/17 to 6/21)

2talltim

New road they are promoting in Kentucky. Route 160 on the KY/VA border. Calling it Dragon Slayer 160.

Sorry my GPS was acting strange kicks in eventually. My first run on this road so not super spirited.

Edited by 2talltim

On 6/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, 2talltim said:

New road they are promoting in Kentucky. Route 160 on the KY/VA border. Calling it Dragon Slayer 160.

Sorry my GPS was acting strange kicks in eventually. My first run on this road so not super spirited.

Thinking about riding this on Thursday on our way home.  What route did you take to connect to 160

42 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Thinking about riding this on Thursday on our way home.  What route did you take to connect to 160

Which way are you coming from? It is a great road, Pauly turned us on to it last year.

Part one of my weekend videos is up. Still learning this whole thing but getting better...i think.

Enjoy and check out the other videos on my channel like and subscribe for the next parts and any future videos.

https://youtu.be/Jh7KvSo3zrg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Most motorcycle videos suck and are boring. For some reason yours don't.

Well I guess I got that going for me :lol: ..Thanks!

Edited by 2talltim

On 6/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, 2talltim said:

The people at the visitor office are super friendly.  I hope this works for them because Lynch KY could use an influx of life.  It used to be a busy coal town.

I didn't have time to ride a loop around the area, only 160 which is just OK IMO.  On 1 section most of the right hand (the up hill side) turns are blind-unmarked-decreasing radius.  The road could really use some signage, those ones should be marked 10 or 15 mph.

I like the area though.  I saw 2 bears.

11 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

The people at the visitor office are super friendly.  I hope this works for them because Lynch KY could use an influx of life.  It used to be a busy coal town.

I didn't have time to ride a loop around the area, only 160 which is just OK IMO.  On 1 section most of the right hand (the up hill side) turns are blind-unmarked-decreasing radius.  The road could really use some signage, those ones should be marked 10 or 15 mph.

I like the area though.  I saw 2 bears.

Absolutely  they were awesome. Got a personal invite and free t-shirt from the director ot the back roads of Appalachia to come back down and have him show me around the other roads. I told him maybe sometime in October. He was wanted to use my video footage for marketing and wanted to thank me for it.

Edited by 2talltim