Summer Fun and Sun in the Dirty South Ride (evening of 6/17 to 6/21)

2talltim

That section of 209 out of Hot Springs to Trust and the junction with 63 is a ton of fun and I prefer riding that road south. Have fun wish I could go. If your out by little Switzerland I'd consider two roads if they're in your direction double island road hwy 1308 between 197 and 19 or the section of 80 between 226a and 19. Both really fun rides.

10 hours ago, Muckles said:

That section of 209 out of Hot Springs to Trust and the junction with 63 is a ton of fun and I prefer riding that road south. Have fun wish I could go. If your out by little Switzerland I'd consider two roads if they're in your direction double island road hwy 1308 between 197 and 19 or the section of 80 between 226a and 19. Both really fun rides.

Yup been on 209&208 many time they are fun. Some times gravel in the corners but some times that happens. 

80 is what they call the Devils Whip we'll be hitting it but not sure if it will be in the evening or next morning so didn't put it on the maps yet. I'll have to check out that 1308 

41 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yup been on 209&208 many time they are fun. Some times gravel in the corners but some times that happens. 

80 is what they call the Devils Whip we'll be hitting it but not sure if it will be in the evening or next morning so didn't put it on the maps yet. I'll have to check out that 1308 

I think Everytime I'm down there there's a good bit of sand and gravel in random corners. I've just come to expect it and that it comes with the territory. I really enjoyed that double island road (1308) makes a good loop with 80. We had a lady in a suburban in front of us on a section of that road and boy was she cooking. Any faster and I would have swore the tires would have been smoking! Amazing what knowing the roads does.

4 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Double island Road? Years ago a NC local at a small Bandit Alley rally mentioned that road. Is it that good?

I really enjoyed riding this road. Though I did come around a corner to a cow in the middle of the road. It had escaped the pasture. It was in fairly good condition though a little narrower than the more major roads. It had a nice mix of varying radius turns and elevation changes. Definitely, on my list to ride again. 

Just a side note for further reference. Don't know if you ever stayed at Albert's adventure inn when your in the little Switerland area. That's my go to and the couple that own it (Debbie and Van) are awesome. A little out dated but clean, reasonable price, and great location.

http://www.alberts-burnsville.com/

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/11/2020 at 10:38 PM, Muckles said:

Just a side note for further reference. Don't know if you ever stayed at Albert's adventure inn when your in the little Switerland area. That's my go to and the couple that own it (Debbie and Van) are awesome. A little out dated but clean, reasonable price, and great location.

http://www.alberts-burnsville.com/

Added this to my Google Maps stared places for future reference thanks. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Day away bump...bike is loaded and ready

You probably seen the radar in this area right, kinda mushy wet hit and miss rain every day. But up in the mountains it looks promising 

49 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

You probably seen the radar in this area right, kinda mushy wet hit and miss rain every day. But up in the mountains it looks promising 

Yup that way every day this time of year in that area. 

• Upvote 3

Only pic i took today while waiting for @Dre in Byesville. Made it to Beckley, it rained on the slab, had beer and meat to dry the wounds. Hopelly the weather holds out a little tomorrow. For the twisty bits 

20200617_161859.jpg