Covid Cruise v2 6-6-20

Tonik

Rules:

Smallish group, 5 or 6 bikes tops. First come first served.

Social distancing will be expected at stops.

Masks, wear them at the stops.

This is an RTE. We are getting pizza to go at DiCarlo's in Wheeling, then walking a block to sit by the shores of the Ohio River and eat said pizza. Going to be a pretty fair amount of freeway on this one, due to the time involved.

We will be starting early. Leaving Cleveland at 8:30. Check the route below and pick a spot to meet up. The Shell on the NE corner of 18 and 77 may be a good spot.

It will be an 8ish hour day, pace will be medium slow. Except after lunch when we go up 147. I am going to light it up and wait at the top for everyone.

Route down:

https://goo.gl/maps/fJ8oCdVWenzrVEDs9

Route back:

https://goo.gl/maps/NRszyLoxoA8igNTv7

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

I’m not sure if I have the right size Allen wrenches, I’m going to check after work today.

It’s a 2016 Monster 821.

Looks like 17 and 19 are needed. I don't have either of those. Can bring it here if you want moral support.

31 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Looks like 17 and 19 are needed. I don't have either of those. Can bring it here if you want moral support.

I watched that same video, lol.  If I have the proper wrenches I'm gonna see if it can do it myself.  If I change my mind, I'll let you know.  

Just now, tall_tracy said:

I watched that same video, lol.  If I have the proper wrenches I'm gonna see if it can do it myself.  If I change my mind, I'll let you know.  

It will be fine. Call if you need a hand.

2 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Jim, Is 8:30 the KSU departure time from the shell station at 18 & 77 in Fairlawn ?

No, that this from l77 and Pleasant Valley Rd. So if we meet at that gas station I would say apx. 9 AM.

Schedule has been cleared.  I’ll be at the Shell Station in Fairlawn ready to roll at 9 am.  👍

do you have the routes in .gpx format ?  I’m not sure I know how to convert the google map to Garmin-readable 

7 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Schedule has been cleared.  I’ll be at the Shell Station in Fairlawn ready to roll at 9 am.  👍

do you have the routes in .gpx format ?  I’m not sure I know how to convert the google map to Garmin-readable 

Here you go. You may have to drop a couple waypoints at the beginning, it starts near my house.

I use ITN Converter, it is free. Get the 'Travel Version' so you don't have to install Java. Just add lots of extra waypoints in google maps so that Honda does not reroute you. Then you paste the long link into the Converter, hit the editor and check that it looks good and export.

http://www.benichou-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&itemid=3&lang=en

WVPizzaHome.gpxHometoWVPizza.gpx

Home, great run!

149 and 9 are about to close Monday in some spots for 30 days. Check google maps if you are going that way. 147, 149 and 9 are in great shape.  

Edited by Tonik

Just got home also. 385 miles for the day.  I split off at Strausburg and ran 250 to Ashland then 60 north to the lake.  

Great Folks, beautiful day, fun roads and lunch too.  Doesn’t get much better than that. 😎

Nice to finally meet a few more OR folks today.  Thanks for letting me tag along. 👍

• Upvote 1