Saturday 6-6 ride

durk

I’m planning to ride this Saturday as long as the weather holds. I’m thinking my usual 83-78-377-555-676-7-Lunch-26-260-800-26-260-145. I’m planning  medium fast pace. If you’re interested let me know. I’m guessing I’d be in New Concord at 10-10:15, leave by 10:30 for sure. Not sure if I need to say this, but I won’t be wearing a mask. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:

😞unable. next time for sure. stay safe and Ride Fast.

Here in a week I’ll have more days available and I’ll coordinate something with you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FatWilbur said:

If you don’t mind, I would like to join you.  I’m in Coshocton and could meet you as you come down 83.  

That works for me. Did you have an idea of a place to meet up?

If you are coming down 83, when you get to Coshocton, you take 16 for a few miles to connect up to 83 S.  On 16 there is a Marathon that we could me at

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Marathon+Gas/@40.2556897,-81.8703039,13.08z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x3b97aec9352e0a87!8m2!3d40.2708815!4d-81.8770419

Does the work for you?

On 6/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, durk said:

I’m planning to ride this Saturday as long as the weather holds. I’m thinking my usual 83-78-377-555-676-7-Lunch-26-260-800-26-260-145. I’m planning  medium fast pace. If you’re interested let me know. I’m guessing I’d be in New Concord at 10-10:15, leave by 10:30 for sure. Not sure if I need to say this, but I won’t be wearing a mask. 

FYI....ODOT is currently paving 555 from Ringgold to Chesterhill.Last weekend they had the first coat from Ringgold to about 4 miles from Chesterhill.A fun, challenging ride on a section of 555 that is usually a POS.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FatWilbur said:

If you are coming down 83, when you get to Coshocton, you take 16 for a few miles to connect up to 83 S.  On 16 there is a Marathon that we could me at

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Marathon+Gas/@40.2556897,-81.8703039,13.08z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x3b97aec9352e0a87!8m2!3d40.2708815!4d-81.8770419

Does the work for you?

I’m not picking up 83 until New Concord. I’m making a short run on 70 over to 83. There’s a marathon station right there at the exit that we could meet. I plan to be there between 10 and 1015. You could just run 83 down to there. You’re a little north of where I’ll be picking up 83. 

If my big brother wasn’t coming in town I’d love to chase you south looks like a good route. Speed safe hopefully I make the next one. 

Edited by Killer_kaw
  • Upvote 1

On 6/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, durk said:

Have fun, already had ride plans for today. If the weather's good you want to do something similar next weekend?

@Muckles it’s hard to do back to back weekends for me. For some reason my wife likes to spend time with me and usually it’s hard to get away 2 weekends in a row. If she has something planned it may be possible. 

• Upvote 1

@Durk made it home.  I had a lot of fun riding with you... a lot of good roads.  I can't thank you enough for fixing my punctured tire.  I made it into Caldwell and was loosing a bunch of air so I picked up a tire plug kit, a little knife, and tire gauge at the advanced auto parts store.  Then went to a Marathon close by and followed what you did this morning.  It kept the pressure until I got home. No way I would have known what to do if I didn't see you do it.  Hope I can ride with you again sometime!

I got a nice souvenir ;)

image.thumb.png.22ef0b6f1cd813097c53cd0ee9cded5e.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FatWilbur said:

@Durk made it home.  I had a lot of fun riding with you... a lot of good roads.  I can't thank you enough for fixing my punctured tire.  I made it into Caldwell and was loosing a bunch of air so I picked up a tire plug kit, a little knife, and tire gauge at the advanced auto parts store.  Then went to a Marathon close by and followed what you did this morning.  It kept the pressure until I got home. No way I would have known what to do if I didn't see you do it.  Hope I can ride with you again sometime!

I got a nice souvenir ;)

image.thumb.png.22ef0b6f1cd813097c53cd0ee9cded5e.png

Pete I’m glad you made it home safe. It was awesome to meet you and ride with you. You’re welcome to ride with me anytime. 

10 hours ago, durk said:

@Muckles it’s hard to do back to back weekends for me. For some reason my wife likes to spend time with me and usually it’s hard to get away 2 weekends in a row. If she has something planned it may be possible. 

Totally understand I have a deal that I split weekend days with the wife unless she wants to go someplace.

I know last year there was some discussion about whether to post rides or not. I said then that I had never had a bad experience posting here and once again OR proved to be an awesome place to post a ride and meet new responsible riders. Pete @FatWilbur is a great guy and level headed rider. 

He did end up with a punctured tire on 676. Thankfully quoting @B-Mac Durk has a flashing strobe brake light and a huge DeadHookerBag on his seat rack that makes me think I am following "Biggie Smalls." in said bag and under my seat I have plugs and a compressor. In 10-15 minutes we were back up and running. Unfortunately later in day Pete was shredding the roads pushing me so hard his tire started to spit the plug and slowly leak, so he made the wise choice to make his way home.

Most of the roads were in good shape today. 537 had some new pavement in the beginning but  quickly fell to crap. It is scheduled to be closed soon. 377 continues to be one of my favorite roads.

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

You two are doing it wrong. Take your wife along with you.

27 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Truff! 380 miles today with the Mrs in tow.

Would love to but she is deathly afraid to ride even though back in the day her and I both had our own cbr600 F2s. She’s afraid to be a passenger or ride her own. Occasionally she’ll surprise me and say let’s take a ride to Geneva on the Lake or to dinner, but that’s a very rare occasion. 

1 hour ago, durk said:

Would love to but she is deathly afraid to ride even though back in the day her and I both had our own cbr600 F2s. She’s afraid to be a passenger or ride her own. Occasionally she’ll surprise me and say let’s take a ride to Geneva on the Lake or to dinner, but that’s a very rare occasion. 

Yeah, my wife won't even try getting on the back. She's never been on a motorcycle. I'm an trying to not be pushy but I do ask her every now and again, but have yet to strike gold. Maybe one day.

Edited by Muckles

1 hour ago, durk said:

I know last year there was some discussion about whether to post rides or not. I said then that I had never had a bad experience posting here and once again OR proved to be an awesome place to post a ride and meet new responsible riders. Pete @FatWilbur is a great guy and level headed rider. 

He did end up with a punctured tire on 676. Thankfully quoting @B-Mac Durk has a flashing strobe brake light and a huge DeadHookerBag on his seat rack that makes me think I am following "Biggie Smalls." in said bag and under my seat I have plugs and a compressor. In 10-15 minutes we were back up and running. Unfortunately later in day Pete was shredding the roads pushing me so hard his tire started to spit the plug and slowly leak, so he made the wise choice to make his way home.

Most of the roads were in good shape today. 537 had some new pavement in the beginning but  quickly fell to crap. It is scheduled to be closed soon. 377 continues to be one of my favorite roads.

Thanks @durk.  Same to you.  I’m not sure I was shredding but I will take it.   When we turned onto 377, I lost site of you very quickly.  I had a blast today and loved the entire route.   

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, durk said:

@2talltim have you done much 2 up on the Connie? If so, how was it? How long can you ride comfortably solo vs 2 up?

Yes we have. We've done a few 200 plus days on it. A seat upgrade would be a must for anything longer.

We were dragging pegs on the dragon last spring and she fell asleep on 28..lol

FB_IMG_1586111657964.jpg.041ce4d52c03678afee2cb7a8b86f781.jpg

• Upvote 1