Anyone else looting?

Tonik

53 minutes ago, Pauly said:

At this point, call it "Cop Lives Don't Matter", "No Donuts For You", "Fuck Color, Stop Shooting"... whatever...  for all I care. Just fix the fucking problem. Semantics are a distraction. Credit is irrelevant. Just fucking solve the problem. 

The cops shooting Black folks is actually a symptom in my opinion. The real problem is still generational poverty, racism in general, lack of good education, role models and opportunity to get out. A few laws that rein in the cops is only going to cover up that one symptom. The only full fix is a metric crap load of money for better schools with very small classrooms, social workers, after school programs, paid for college, mentoring, and actually more cops and mandatory 2 man cars....the whole nine yards.

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

The cops shooting Black folks is actually a symptom in my opinion. The real problem is still generational poverty, racism in general, lack of good education, role models and opportunity to get out. A few laws that rein in the cops is only going to cover up that one symptom. The only full fix is a metric crap load of money for better schools with very small classrooms, social workers, after school programs, paid for college, mentoring, and actually more cops and mandatory 2 man cars....the whole nine yards.

Stop voting Republican. Got it. 

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

At this point, call it "Cop Lives Don't Matter", "No Donuts For You", "Fuck Color, Stop Shooting"... whatever...  for all I care. Just fix the fucking problem. Semantics are a distraction. Credit is irrelevant. Just fucking solve the problem. 

I don't think it's semantics at all.

I think trying to frame this as racism it causing a huge divide across the country.  That divide is arguably has a much bigger impact than police brutality.

Let's be honest, the media & democrats LOVE to call things racist.  That shit needs to stop.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Tonik said:

No, third party.

I tried that for many elections. It doesn't work. I have not voted for a Republican since McCain.. and even then I about puked in my mouth while doing it. The Libertarians have no chance... and I voted for them, too. 

THE. TWO-PARTY. SYSTEM. IS. BROKEN. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I don't think it's semantics at all.

I think trying to frame this as racism it causing a huge divide across the country.  That divide is arguably has a much bigger impact than police brutality.

Let's be honest, the media & democrats LOVE to call things racist.  That shit needs to stop.

I believe it is a racism issue. It just goes deeper than the police. The police are a reflection of racist domestic policy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pauly said:

THE. TWO-PARTY. SYSTEM. IS. BROKEN. 

Yup

I think congressional term limits might help to a degree, but I don't see it happening.

Career politicians were never the intent.  You were supposed to represent the area where you live, serve your term, then go home.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pauly said:

I believe it is a racism issue. It just goes deeper than the police. The police are a reflection of racist domestic policy. 

Agree to disagree.  I think it's a police accountability issue caused by police unions.

Try to reconcile this data against BLM's claim that "white supremacists" are rampantly killing blacks.  It doesn't add up.  

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/topic-pages/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls 

About 88% of black murders are committed by blacks.

About 80% of whites murders are committed by whites.

Figures for police aren't drastically different.  When the problem is misdiagnosed, the proposed cure is usually ineffective. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I have always found numbers to be more reliable then the emotional responses of humans.

Agreed. So what office are you going to run for?

I believe that police are too quick to use deadly force & the system is setup to allow them to not face consequences.  I think that's bullshit, but I don't think race is the primary factor.

Please consider these figures:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Agree to disagree.  I think it's a police accountability issue caused by police unions.

Try to reconcile this data against BLM's claim that "white supremacists" are rampantly killing blacks.  It doesn't add up.  

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/topic-pages/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls 

About 88% of black murders are committed by blacks.

About 80% of whites murders are committed by whites.

Figures for police aren't drastically different.  When the problem is misdiagnosed, the proposed cure is usually ineffective. 

It is an accountability issue, but it is governemnt wide. The police union has strength because those in power do nothing. Show me the numbers where government employees, including Capitol Hill, see the swift hand of justice when their atrocities are judged. Left. Right. No matter. We The People are the problem. We are the racists... if not at least very guilty of incredible amounts of apathy toward those around us. Stopping the economy in its tracks is what gets our attention. Dead children do not. Dead black children especially do not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pauly said:

It is an accountability issue, but it is governemnt wide. The police union has strength because those in power do nothing. Show me the numbers where government employees, including Capitol Hill, see the swift hand of justice when their atrocities are judged. Left. Right. No matter. We The People are the problem. We are the racists... if not at least very guilty of incredible amounts of apathy toward those around us. Stopping the economy in its tracks is what gets our attention. Dead children do not. Dead black children especially do not. 

Paul, you and I agree on many things, some we do not.  Even in the cases we do not, I tend to think than your opinions are intelligent and well thought.  That's why I have these exchanges with you.

That said, I agree with your statement except for this line "We are the racists."

IMO "Racist" has become the most misused word in the English Language.  It's thrown around way too frequently & for the Media and many Democrats it's become equivalent of "Aloha."  

• Upvote 2

I appreciate you, Tony. I should be more clear. 

I am not throwing "racist" out there like the majority of Liberals. I did say we could just be apathetic to the level of self-destruction as a society. When the police are not held accountable, every America-loving citizen in this country should shut down the entire system. We have the power. The Military seems to have our backs. A peaceful shutdown of everything non-essential is a loud noise. One entire day of America actually united in a common cause would shatter that system. We are being divided, systematically and intentionally. It's about time they were reminded who pays them and why. No violence is necessary if we don't ignore the problem and let it continue. 

12 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I appreciate you, Tony. I should be more clear. 

I am not throwing "racist" out there like the majority of Liberals. I did say we could just be apathetic to the level of self-destruction as a society. When the police are not held accountable, every America-loving citizen in this country should shut down the entire system. We have the power. The Military seems to have our backs. A peaceful shutdown of everything non-essential is a loud noise. One entire day of America actually united in a common cause would shatter that system. We are being divided, systematically and intentionally. It's about time they were reminded who pays them and why. No violence is necessary if we don't ignore the problem and let it continue. 

Something like this?

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

--United States Declaration of Independence

• Like 1