Anyone else looting?

Tonik

28 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Anyone else curious  what was happening in the cruiser before he was pulled back out and pinned down?
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/05/29/george-floyd-arrest-video-minneapolis-dp-orig.cnn/video/playlists/george-floyd-death-protests-minneapolis/

My guess is he prolly brutally murdered that officer’s wife and daughter and burned his House down while he was in there. No wonder he decided to squeeze his life out while pinned down by grown ass men and handcuffed behind his back while onlooker pleaded him to let him go. 

Please don’t clump this episode with race and make it white vs black thingy. Dont let the establishment make you think like that and hide behind that veil and race bait common people. This is just rotten apples and a rotten system that needs change. The people rioting and looting are from all walks of life and all colors or skin.

There are two separate things Going on now. The murder on live video / injustice / culture of covering up of bad apples/ protests / etc is one axis. The second axis has nothing to do with this, the looting arson and violence is by a bunch which has no relation to the cause nor will they cause any positive change in the system except more hate and divisions. 

24 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

oky it’s 2020 people need to use more common sense and google. Like I said the aim of few is to just see the system crash unleash chaos and anarchy. Don’t be a sheep and don’t be a pawn. Some kinda Statistics show peeps in the 60 plus age group are the biggest spread of misinformation online ad they can’t identify fake from real or do basic internet cross checks.

that account was suspended if not the history would have revealed probably made during the last 48 hrs and typing out utter bullshit. If it looks and sounds like bullshit it’s going to be.  

You did read this right? Whether or not someone deleted the post, it's still resonating with someone of those clowns and the people on the street. Fake ceases to be fake when people begin to act on it. 

Just now, Steve Butters said:

You did read this right? Whether or not someone deleted the post, it's still resonating with someone of those clowns and the people on the street. Fake ceases to be fake when people begin to act on it. 

Exactly, it keeps “spreading” and more it spreads the more it reaches useless idiots who have nothing better to do than act on such Fake call for bullshit scenario. 

12 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Please don’t clump this episode with race and make it white vs black thingy. Dont let the establishment make you think like that and hide behind that veil and race bait common people. This is just rotten apples and a rotten system that needs change. The people rioting and looting are from all walks of life and all colors or skin.

There are two separate things Going on now. The murder on live video / injustice / culture of covering up of bad apples/ protests / etc is one axis. The second axis has nothing to do with this, the looting arson and violence is by a bunch which has no relation to the cause nor will they cause any positive change in the system except more hate and divisions. 

I agree with your comment that they are separate issues. However, many people aren't making that distinction. If you don't support mass rioting and destruction then you must be a racist white devil who has no empathy for the black community. People are actually saying and thinking this shit, I've had it said TO me. It's ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean. I never involved myself in politically or racially tinged conversation here or in real life. For the first time I spoke up during the onset of covid I believe I helped some folks or changed opinion for some. Now here I am deep into this thread which I should have avoided in the first place. 

why I keep myself off is because of the optics stereotypes and biased judgement we as human beings are inherently designed to make. Other than close family and friendly everyone else form opinion of you based on the data they collect from your appearance and words used. Broad eg:  kind of inherently assumed if your white you vote for mr trump and if your black you voted for mr Obama. Likewise if in your face book post or real life conversation We never mentioned a single word about mr Floyd getting murdered by the system but we post a pic of ak47 or bazooka or something and say preparing for looters naturally people going to assume based on that one single data. 

And on that aspect sometime shootingThe knee caps of folks who grab a Louise vutton or Armani or something from the shop and making a run for it sometimes might be justice. Not because they were stealing, but because they are dragging  the name of a murdered man deep into mud. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

9 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

This was likely done by some 4chan idiot or neo nazi trying to stir the pot. Antifa/black bloc are involved in this mess but I doubt they would be stupid enough to publicly post something like that. They are trying to keep a low profile so other people are blamed for their actions.

Edited by what

Funny these violent riots started up not long after our government started going after china about the new hong kong laws, and the social unrest going on over there. Just a thought.

Edited by what
forgot to type an n

Everyone needs a sammich and a hug.

Seriously, do I have to die before it stops? Do my friends who are police officers?  my uncle who is retired police? My dad who was an MP? 

One way to prevent police brutality, don't break the law. When you do shut up, get a lawyer, and fight legally not physically.

I know it is much deeper, but it will never stop, you give them a dollar they want 2, you give them 2, they ask why not 4.

I am off to the kitchen...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, what said:

Funny these violet riots started up not long after our government started going after china about the new hong kong laws, and the social unrest going on over there. Just a thought.

Gov can do crazy things when the citizens dont have guns huh?

12 minutes ago, snot said:

One way to prevent police brutality, don't break the law. When you do shut up, get a lawyer, and fight legally not physically.

I couldn't agree more. Why ask for trouble?

One simple lesson many of us never learn is that if you push someone, they will usually push back. Obey the law and 99% of the time you'll be left alone. I also think it's a great idea to keep a low profile and just remain calm.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

One simple lesson many of us never learn is that if you push someone, they will usually push back

I would argue that is exactly what is happening right now.

1 hour ago, snot said:

One way to prevent police brutality, don't break the law. 

I'm sorry but that is 100% missing the point.  That's the same logic and blaming a woman for getting raped.

Police don't only detain people that have broken the law.  When police do detain someone, they can't do whatever the hell they want or they're the ones breaking the law.   The FOP will always defend cops that are in the wrong, which is unfortunate and the main reason this stuff keeps happening.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

The FOP will always defend cops that are in the wrong, which is unfortunate and the main reason this stuff keeps happening.

If it were the norm for the good cops to out the bad cops, a lot of this shit would be prevented imo.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

If it were the norm for the good cops to out the bad cops, a lot of this shit would be prevented imo.

Agreed.  Police are capable of policing themselves, but if a cop "crosses the blue line" they are ostracized in their own department, so they don't. 

22 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Agreed.  Police are capable of policing themselves, but if a cop "crosses the blue line" they are ostracized in their own department, so they don't. 

Right, this is why a policy change needs to come from the top - likely starting with legal precedent being set on officers using excessive force.

31 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

When police do detain someone, they can't do whatever the hell they want or they're the ones breaking the law.  

My assumption is these police wanted to put him in the car and go home to their families. It appears he prevented that and escalated the situation leading to him being pinned. I don't know what procedures are for securing a handcuffed suspect in the back seat. Would anyone have objected to him being tazed instead of being pinned?

32 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

My assumption is these police wanted to put him in the car and go home to their families. It appears he prevented that and escalated the situation leading to him being pinned. I don't know what procedures are for securing a handcuffed suspect in the back seat. Would anyone have objected to him being tazed instead of being pinned?

I'm not sure that the method of pinning him was necessarily the problem... The problem was that they at no point readjusted, rolled him over, or provided any medical attention... The dude was basically unconscious for 2 or 3 minutes and the cop still had his knee on his neck. There was a total lack of regard for human life. The guy who got killed was apparently blasted drunk so I'm sure he was probably borderline uncontrollable, but you can't just kill people.

IDK how everyone else feels, but I watched the video and even pulling him through the car and onto the ground seemed fine to me because he was fighting with them. But at some point during that encounter, the guy ceased to be a threat, and the cop continued to treat him like he was one.  In my mind, that is the problem. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't think race had something to do with it (I did see a photo of this cop with a "Make Whites Great Again" hat - though I"m not sure if it was authentic).

I'm not sure any evidence can ever convince me the cop wasn't in the wrong. Regardless what caused the events leading up to the guy's death, the use of force was just too excessive. The other cops knew it was wrong, even suggesting to roll the guy over and checking for his pulse, and they didn't do anything to stop it. For us citizens, that's called being an accessory. I think all 4 cops should be charged.

With all that being said - Looting and burning down cities is not going to make things better. It only deepens the divide. People need to get out and vote and protest peacefully and win the hearts and minds of people in a position to make real change. Not just create more us vs them mentality and needless chaos.

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Upvote 1

I sold my 1984 Cutlass Supreme when Isaac was a baby. I took a few of those hundreds and tried to buy groceries. The cashier flagged one as counterfeit. I took it from her and had my bank swap it for another. They said it was fine. Should I be curb stomped to death because of an alleged crime?

Remember...This man is still 100% innocent in the eye of the law. He received no trial. Local cops jurisdiction does not extend to counterfeit money. I believe that falls to the Secret Service, but maybe the FBI. 

Fuck the looters. Support the protestors. It isn't that difficult. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

People need to get out and vote to make real change. 

But all of our choices always end up sucking. Do I vote for this cocksucker or this cocksucker?

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Fuck the looters. Support the protestors. 

Fuck the looters...yes all day, and dirty cops too.

Support the protesters...ehhh.  I support the message, but honestly I'm pretty indifferent to protests (not just in this case).  I think they provide an emotional release for people that may need it...but I don't think protests accomplish much if anything.  In this day and age, peaceful well intended protests seem to create a jumping off point for the non-well-intended to manipulate a charged situation.  IDK, maybe I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1