Accountant looking for work

Muckles

48 minutes ago, Vulcan_Rider said:

My friend works for Cleveland Clinic in their accounting department and he says they are almost always hiring.  The Rona may have put a damper on things but I would check to see if they are hiring.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Any chance you might connect me with your friend? It's always better to get a connection on the other side of the HR black hole. No worries if you or they don't want to, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

17 hours ago, Muckles said:

Thanks, I'll take a look. Any chance you might connect me with your friend? It's always better to get a connection on the other side of the HR black hole. No worries if you or they don't want to, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

My buddy's wife just told me that the rules for weekly filing for unemployment have changed as of today. She recieved a note from the state of Ohio that she must now do at least two job searches per week and keep a log for the next three years in case she is audited. How 'bout them apples? Is this true?

3 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

My buddy's wife just told me that the rules for weekly filing for unemployment have changed as of today. She recieved a note from the state of Ohio that she must now do at least two job searches per week and keep a log for the next three years in case she is audited. How 'bout them apples? Is this true?

I have not heard anything about the waiver of needing to search for work being reversed. Though I'm not positive and couldn't find any recent publications. I know I haven't been notified that this has change by the unemployment office yet. Not like this is very difficult just apply online and the emails will serve as records. Now if you don't want to work for a while only apply to jobs that you know you won't get 😉

23 hours ago, Muckles said:

I will see him tomorrow so I'll talk to him about it and let you know.

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2020 at 9:23 PM, Vulcan_Rider said:

I will see him tomorrow so I'll talk to him about it and let you know.

I talked to him and he is not comfortable with it.  But he did say there probably is or will be openings soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 3:55 PM, SpecialEd said:

they did that crap back in 2009/2010 too. except you had to do 6.  you're filing your weekly claims on their website back then.  and it asked for the name address and phone number for the company.  no big deal. I'd call places and ask if they're hiring. if no I put that down as an application. 

38 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

they did that crap back in 2009/2010 too. except you had to do 6.  you're filing your weekly claims on their website back then.  and it asked for the name address and phone number for the company.  no big deal. I'd call places and ask if they're hiring. if no I put that down as an application. 

Thanks, Serptentracer.

My buddy's wife is just keeping a "log" of job inquiries. As you indicated, two "job search actions" per week is child's play. Ohio's unemployment website now warns those who are receiving benefits that they should maintain a job-search log for the next THREE YEARS "in case [claimant] is audited." So much, then, for compassion during a pandemic after paying taxes into the system for 40 fucking years without a prior unemployment claim.

Ridiculous.

On 5/28/2020 at 8:21 PM, Vulcan_Rider said:

I talked to him and he is not comfortable with it.  But he did say there probably is or will be openings soon.

Thanks for asking, I'll make sure to keep an eye on it.

2 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

Thanks, Serptentracer.

My buddy's wife is just keeping a "log" of job inquiries. As you indicated, two "job search actions" per week is child's play. Ohio's unemployment website now warns those who are receiving benefits that they should maintain a job-search log for the next THREE YEARS "in case [claimant] is audited." So much, then, for compassion during a pandemic after paying taxes into the system for 40 fucking years without a prior unemployment claim.

Ridiculous.

Yeah, but we don't want people cheating the system, (note sarcasm) I just my email track it for me. As it's all done online and I get email responses for each. If I have to I can print them out at some time.

On 5/28/2020 at 4:48 PM, Bad324 said:

Keep an eye on Sibling Revelry Brewery, there is a chance their house accountant position might be opening up soon

We'll hope you don't mind, but I reached out and sent a message to a guy I know who works there. Just to see if he's heard anything. We haven't talked in a long time but we'll see if I get a response.