Adjusted shifter. Having problem with gears shifting.

skylinerob

Hello everyone

I recently installed footboards for my Shadow 750. I adjusted my shifter for the reason of it being to close to the board. 

After making the adjustments I am unable to shift pass neutral. What did I do wrong? What do I need to do next?

I would greatly appreciate your recommendations. 

Thanks

This is a total guess, but I assume that since you have floorboards, your shifter is a heel-toe lever.  If you raised the front (toe) of the lever far enough to limit travel of the heel portion, you won't be able to rock the shifter far enough to select the shift pawls for higher gears.  Try putting it in an intermediate position.

If not the above-mentioned idea....

Look at the linkage, is it hitting something.....did you do to far with it? Generally when you need a big adjustment it is best pull the lever and rotate it one spline, then fine tune adjust.

Where are you located?

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

If not the above-mentioned idea....

Look at the linkage, is it hitting something.....did you do to far with it? Generally when you need a big adjustment it is best pull the lever and rotate it one spline, then fine tune adjust.

Where are you located?

This is the proper way to adjust linkage. Gross adjustment, then fine adjustment. 

• 1 month later...