2018 Goldwing

Tonik

2 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

When I was riding 12-15k/year (for 15 years) of hardcore twisties, I was getting some serious nerve issues in my clutch hand.  It's not as bad now because I have less time to ride, but I still have nerve issues.

Things like DCT and quick shifters will extend my riding career 👍

Extend the miles, too. I am surprised how much fatigue you stave with a quicker/blipper. It isn't trivial in the slightest. 

20 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

When I was riding 12-15k/year (for 15 years) of hardcore twisties, I was getting some serious nerve issues in my clutch hand.  It's not as bad now because I have less time to ride, but I still have nerve issues.

Things like DCT and quick shifters will extend my riding career 👍

17 hours ago, Pauly said:

Extend the miles, too. I am surprised how much fatigue you stave with a quicker/blipper. It isn't trivial in the slightest. 

Clutches are for stopping only. 

Just now, 2talltim said:

Tapping the rear brake works better for that. Mine will rev a extra 1000 rpm before the cruise disengages if I pull the clutch. 

Ahh, shame. I don't have to hardly tap mine at all. Don't hit the clutch springs before the micro switch trips the ceuise. The Whale was the same way. That will teach you to buy an Indian.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Ahh, shame. I don't have to hardly tap mine at all. Don't hit the clutch springs before the micro switch trips the ceuise. The Whale was the same way. That will teach you to buy an Indian.

:crackpipe: