Custom armored textile gear

Muckles

Does anyone have experience with getting armored custom textile pants and jackets. I am a hard fit and can't buy gear off the rack as it doesn't fit right. I'm to fat and short so I need to have everything tailored. At the very least I'm looking for some pants that are fully armored and made out of a high abrasion resistant material such as kevlar. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'd buy off the rack stuff and have it adjusted but it's next to impossible to get all the armor to be in the right spot without taking the whole thing apart. It's actually easier and less expensive to make it the right size the first time.

@Muckles not sure what your fitting problems are but every manufacturer is different. Most companies i can't fit in any of their stuff but there are a few I do. Have you gone to a store like ironpony and just spent a whole day trying stuff on? Kind what I had to do. Once I found the size and fit, I then called Mike at @RidersDiscount for the best pricing.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, 2talltim said:

@Muckles not sure what your fitting problems are but every manufacturer is different. Most companies i can't fit in any of their stuff but there are a few I do. Have you gone to a store like ironpony and just spent a whole day trying stuff on? Kind what I had to do. Once I found the size and fit, I then called Mike at @RidersDiscount for the best pricing.

Yeah, I've been down this route and just gave up. My problem is that I have a 44" waist with 28" inseam. For pants that fit at the top they usually end up being 6" too long. If they're armored, the knee pads and etc end up on my shins. The same goes for the arms in jackets. With a 51" chest the sleeves end up being at least 3-4" too long. I have a tailor I use for all my street clothes, but altering armored gear isn't in his wheelhouse. Plus I worry about the stitching being made with the proper thread to withstand an accident if it was altered.