Hello from Cleveland!

Muckles

I stumbled upon the forum here and figured I come check it out. I grew up like a lot of other people riding dirt bikes. I had a YZF600R back in the mid to late 90s. I don't know how many times I had my motorcycle temps, but for some reason or another I never got my endorsement until 2018. Life got in the way and I ended up being out of Motorcycles for a good 15 years at least, but the addiction that laid dormant has come back strong. Shortly after I got my endorsement I went and bought a 2018 Yamaha MT09 in September of that year. I have since put on about 9,500 miles. I love to carve the twisties and like to put on the miles. Looking forward to meeting some like minded folks with whom I can share joy of the ride.

20200425_095115.jpg

• Beer 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, durk said:

Welcome. Nice looking bike. If you like twisties, you’re in the right place. 

Thanks, I got a few dragon pictures too! Lol I was down there last August. I was planning a trip this July, but who knows if that will happen. I just cancelled my scheduled trip at the end of May to Burnsville, NC.

20190815_105948.jpg

20190814_191104.jpg

Screenshot_20190818-191554_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, CoDAF said:

Welcome. Don't hesitate to post a ride. Lots of quick riders here with good road etiquette. I am not one of them, but they do exist. 

I think I found some of those riders you mentioned. Had the pleasure to share the road with @NinjaDoc @Skinny guy @durk today. I had a blast!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JT72 said:

hello ! love the motor in your bike. 

Hey @JT72, I ride out your way often. Maybe we should connect for a ride. I am really happy with my choice of bike. It's really a lot of fun to ride.

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

What, so he got sent home mid-ride? 

As it should be, for you specifically.

This is extra funny since one of the first epic rides ended without a pre planned end or a complete loop to the original starting point. Monkeys go find your own way home.

@Skinny guy has a hot bike!

12 hours ago, durk said:

Tim did they actually send you home mid-ride?

Yea, a long long time ago. Unknowingly jumped in essentially a CORE ride. :lol:

I just rode my own ride. There was waiting, but no one ever left me for dead. Then we broke off and I headed back north. That really was the whole beginning of me wanting to become a more competent rider. Jerry and Gasser swept me. A day I'll never forget. They shoulda sent Sam home too, he ate shit just after we broke off I believe.

I like to believe I'd be alright now :bicycle:

13 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

As it should be, for you specifically.

Ah see you remember.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea, a long long time ago. Unknowingly jumped in essentially a CORE ride. :lol:

I think I almost did the same thing at the first Epic ride I came to. I had never actually even rode in a group so I figured I’d start off in the medium group. When I arrived there were like 20 guys in medium and only @Helmutt to lead. I started looking around to find a smaller group and I spotted a smaller group with a VFR (pretty sure it was Tpoppa). I said I can go with this group, but the looks I got from that group and others told me to just stay in the large group. Definitely a good thing I did. No way I would have kept pace with them. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, durk said:

I think I almost did the same thing at the first Epic ride I came to. I had never actually even rode in a group so I figured I’d start off in the medium group. When I arrived there were like 20 guys in medium and only @Helmutt to lead. I started looking around to find a smaller group and I spotted a smaller group with a VFR (pretty sure it was Tpoppa). I said I can go with this group, but the looks I got from that group and others told me to just stay in the large group. Definitely a good thing I did. No way I would have kept pace with them. 

Ah, the good ol days.  I remember that particular ride @durk.  When I first started leading group rides I was getting the biggest bite of the entire group since it was the most common pace.  Couple of those Epic Rides in taught us to keep group size down to 10 between me and my sweep.  Much easier to manage, and less of a hassle to turn 10 riders around when I'd blow past a route change LOL.

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2020 at 8:31 PM, Muckles said:

I stumbled upon the forum here and figured I come check it out. I grew up like a lot of other people riding dirt bikes. I had a YZF600R back in the mid to late 90s. I don't know how many times I had my motorcycle temps, but for some reason or another I never got my endorsement until 2018. Life got in the way and I ended up being out of Motorcycles for a good 15 years at least, but the addiction that laid dormant has come back strong. Shortly after I got my endorsement I went and bought a 2018 Yamaha MT09 in September of that year. I have since put on about 9,500 miles. I love to carve the twisties and like to put on the miles. Looking forward to meeting some like minded folks with whom I can share joy of the ride.

20200425_095115.jpg

Welcome!

• Thanks 1