Jump to content
serpentracer

new house, neighbors from hell...WTF

Recommended Posts

cheapest way to do it is get some large rocks and put em down in the strip. Don't have to mow it and blocks their ability to drive over it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

cheapest way to do it is get some large rocks and put em down in the strip. Don't have to mow it and blocks their ability to drive over it

Yea that isnt even a real jeep the neighbors have anyway so he should be good.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be nice/polite and inform him that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. If he continues. THEN, Boot that shit box and place a parking violation sticker with a warning not to move. $250.00 to have the boot removed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another reason that I like living in the sticks, no close neighbors.

  • Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Another reason that I like living in the sticks, no close neighbors.

you don't know how bad I wanted that.  wasn't finding anything around me that I could afford and not drive 60 mins or more to work.  I work in mason ohio.  richie rich.  average home starts in the $400's so I had to look at surrounding areas.  long story but I needed to move asap because the new owner of the townhome I was renting was going to raise the rent to $1000 from $800.  I knew they were going to be a pain in the ass to rent from.  and everything I looked at was gone in 2-3 days of being listed.  I shouldn't have listened to my realtor on a house like this one but much better neighborhood.  He said the house went into a bidding war.  and I shouldn't bother as the sale price would more than likely go more than my loan amount.  but it didn't.  it sold for what I paid for this one. it was a much better neighborhood. but a longer drive. 

so far I've made friends with the neighbors.  so getting this resolved shouldn't be an issue. I just havent brought it up again.  they have been out back all day with the kids and playing with my dog etc.  in due time.  thanks for the advise Oriders..  cool heads always prevail.

Edited by serpentracer
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. It is YOUR driveway. You owe him zero explanation. You owe him zero BBQ invites. You owe him zero beers. What you DO owe him is a firm position of your expectations. Expecting him to accommodate you without telling him what those expectations are is unfair. Just know that all you do owe him is a firm "No. You may not use my driveway." You do not owe him what, who, how, why or when. You only owe him an answer. 

I learned a few things in the past few years. One of them is "'No.' is a complete sentence."

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah I'm usually the type to blow up over this sort of stuff.  but when you have to be neighbors with someone it's kind of a delicate situation.  I think the other guys are right.  you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

plus they will help watch my house and garage if we are friends.  yeah, they're very ignorant but that's the times in which we live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

plus they will help watch my house and garage if we are friends.  yeah, they're very ignorant but that's the times in which we live.

Having seen the pics now, cementing the area between night also be a good idea. Could work well for everyone.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not up on all the laws for this but if it were me, I'd be leery that the neighbor may try to claim an implied easement for use of your driveway that could even be pushed to the point of quit claiming the easement.  Cementing the area in between would bolster his claim of an easement.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 1:12 PM, serpentracer said:

yeah I'm usually the type to blow up over this sort of stuff.  but when you have to be neighbors with someone it's kind of a delicate situation.  I think the other guys are right.  you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

You don't have to blow up on him, but if he is an adult, he should expect an adult reaponse. If he is an adult, he will accept whatever answer you give him. It is YOUR driveway. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You came in pretty hot but now it seems like really you don't actually mind that he uses your driveway.

You should probably give him a clicker to the door also; the last neighbor did.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 9:35 AM, Pauly said:

Yes. It is YOUR driveway. You owe him zero explanation. You owe him zero BBQ invites. You owe him zero beers. What you DO owe him is a firm position of your expectations. Expecting him to accommodate you without telling him what those expectations are is unfair. Just know that all you do owe him is a firm "No. You may not use my driveway." You do not owe him what, who, how, why or when. You only owe him an answer. 

I learned a few things in the past few years. One of them is "'No.' is a complete sentence."

We should start a thread where we ask for relationship advice in a "dear Abby/Pauly" style column and you can just shit on people.  I could fap to that. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbot said:

We should start a thread where we ask for relationship advice in a "dear Abby/Pauly" style column and you can just shit on people.  I could fap to that. 

How can I improve my relationship with Bourbon?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbot said:

We should start a thread where we ask for relationship advice in a "dear Abby/Pauly" style column and you can just shit on people.  I could fap to that. 

Wasn't that the I'm baked, ask me shit thread?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Wasn't that the I'm baked, ask me shit thread?

You are absolutely right. We need to revive that like Pauly's taste in non-fugly ass bikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jbot said:

You are absolutely right. We need to revive that like Pauly's taste in non-fugly ass bikes

Ok, Diavel. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Ok, Diavel. 

PAULY GOT HIS NAME BACK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pauly said:

Ok, Diavel. 

the diavel is amazing and i'm definitely not a total ra-tard for getting one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jbot said:

the diavel is amazing and i'm definitely not a total ra-tard for getting one

Mr. Bastard, did you move into yer new house yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

Mr. Bastard, did you move into yer new house yet?

i did, except at least 2 rooms are 100% full of sealed boxes and various packaging materials.  also, i managed to break a drain while replacing an old utility tub so now my laundry room is a complete disaster again.  so i have that going for me.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...