Hello from Utica, OH

Jared

16 minutes ago, Jared said:

I'm more torso, only 34" inseam, there's no height restriction on a bike like in a car, so long as your legs fit 😁 it's also more of a standard seating position.

Gotcha, your probably skinny too which helps not tubby/chubby like me..  :lol:

4 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Gotcha, your probably skinny too which helps not tubby/chubby like me..  :lol:

Yep, 185lbs, so kind of a string bean lol

40 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Put on some weight and Ill try to sell you some of my lightly used riding gear. :D 

Been trying for a while, my metabolism won't allow it!

3 hours ago, Jared said:

Ok, yeah I'll probably go with those then. Just started looking into them yesterday. The 10s have the radio functionality still, correct?

Last year I wanted to use my Sena SMH10R with my dual sport helmet. Decided to buy a third unit so I can avoid swapping back and forth. Was not willing to risk suggesting that I could move the wife's unit. Went to Revzilla for an SMH10R and ended up with a 10R. At the time I thought it was an SMH10R and they had added the radio feature. But when it arrived the box said it was a 10R. I suspect that the Revzilla description was wrong - not that I would blame them when Sena is continually changing things. 

Anyway, today on Revzilla you can get a pair of SMH5-FM for $215 and have the radio. 

A pair of SMH10R's (no radio according to the online description) is $287. And a pair of 10R's (with radio) is $395.

These are all sale prices - no idea when they will end. 

Or you can check Ridersdiscount.com Mike is a member on OR. (whom I keep forgetting to check - but I'm still loving that Shoei Transitions shield!)

I really like my SMH10R and the 10R with the radio is just a bit nicer. I think the 10R might have a bit better battery life and a few extra yards of range. 

Whatever you decide on, read the descriptions really closely because with so many similar names, it's easy to get confused.

• Beer 1

Never ever buy Sena's latest thing, like the 50S that is about to be released. 

Sena has a history of using their early adopters to help iron out the bugs in products that really weren't ready for sale. I have not been bit - but I've seen it and heard the whining.

2 minutes ago, Shoop said:

Never ever buy Sena's latest thing, like the 50S that is about to be released. 

Sena has a history of using their early adopters to help iron out the bugs in products that really weren't ready for sale. I have not been bit - but I've seen it and heard the whining.

Ive had many Sena products and this is true but the good old original SMH10 is built like brick shit house. My wife still has one of the one out of the duel pack I bought maybe 6-7 years ago and it's still going strong after a only $10 battery replacement. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Ive had many Sena products and this is true but the good old original SMH10 is built like brick shit house. My wife still has one of the one out of the duel pack I bought maybe 6-7 years ago and it's still going strong after a only $10 battery replacement. 

Ok thanks guys, I'll message him and see what he thinks, maybe he can steer me in the right direction, too 👍

2 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Utica... I ran from the cops out there once. Hid in those huge grain silos. lolol. Welcome.

Thanks, I think you must be thinking of Hartford, Utica has ice cream though! 😉

Edited by Jared
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...