Sign in to follow this  
motocat12

stimulus temptations

^ I have the KLX250... I had it forsale 1.5  years ago. But had no bites... So, my brother is making payments to buy it.

Check out SRK cycles or bikes and beards youtube channel. He buys one of these and thrashes it. 

I'll post a link later when i can. 

Edited by 2talltim

After putting my hands all over Dan's Chinese motorcycle... no thanks. Might as well light the money on fire. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

After putting my hands all over Dan's Chinese motorcycle... no thanks. Might as well light the money on fire. 

I thought dan was happy with his?  I'm looking at used ones that smell like burnt money already. The lack of 6the gear on most of them is a big neg. efi model for either a plus.

50 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I thought dan was happy with his?  I'm looking at used ones that smell like burnt money already. The lack of 6the gear on most of them is a big neg. efi model for either a plus.

He isnt touring the world on it right now is he? :dunno:

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Dan was happy with the second engine. 

I think for putting around town it would have been fine. There is no way it would have made his trip in one piece. The quality just isn't there. 

I call these Chinese knockoffs "MSO".

18 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

He isnt touring the world on it right now is he? :dunno:

thats sunny

Pauly is right. The first motor on my RX3 never ran right. Sticky (stuck) intake valve. The replacement motor he installed ran better from the get-go. But no, after riding it 35,000 hard miles in two seasons prepping for this journey I decided the 250 just didn’t have the guts I wanted (note I didn’t say “needed” because you can ride the world on anything). Going uphill into the wind loaded with gear it struggled. 
CSC sells the newer RX4 450 version that makes more power than the DR. 

But I’m happy with the decision I made on bike choice. And happy with how the build went. She’s fairly unique and has been a pleasure, and a comfortable place to spend the day. 

7D990015-9FC6-4F74-9152-A96BBDA163BE.jpeg

Edited by Danimal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've already owned and broke the 3rd gear on a DR. Just considering  something different and lighter with a dirt focus but not needing trailered.

My honda vtwin VTR 250 would struggle up steep hills. I did one so bad and long I thought the engine had blown because it had so much grunt on flats.