stimulus temptations

motocat12

20 hours ago, motocat12 said:

tempted to put it toward a 250 dual sport 17". Would be a better Idea if I ever get to move away from Cen Oh.

amazon is offering some.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q7G4KDT/ref=psdc_404817011_t1_B07VV7TVDP

Here is the link...

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

After putting my hands all over Dan's Chinese motorcycle... no thanks. Might as well light the money on fire. 

I thought dan was happy with his?  I'm looking at used ones that smell like burnt money already. The lack of 6the gear on most of them is a big neg. efi model for either a plus.

50 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I thought dan was happy with his?  I'm looking at used ones that smell like burnt money already. The lack of 6the gear on most of them is a big neg. efi model for either a plus.

He isnt touring the world on it right now is he? :dunno:

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Dan was happy with the second engine. 

I think for putting around town it would have been fine. There is no way it would have made his trip in one piece. The quality just isn't there. 

I call these Chinese knockoffs "MSO".

I've already owned and broke the 3rd gear on a DR. Just considering  something different and lighter with a dirt focus but not needing trailered.

My honda vtwin VTR 250 would struggle up steep hills. I did one so bad and long I thought the engine had blown because it had so much grunt on flats.