I have MS

redkow97

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

if Trump were a member here, he would be quite proud of how you skirted the issue with an inane comment. Shut off the TV and take a walk.

Every Canadian I've talked to hates their system andmost wish it would be privatized again. 

57 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Every Canadian I've talked to hates their system andmost wish it would be privatized again. 

One man's trash is another's treasure. I likely won't be "around" to see any significant improvements to the system anyway. Maybe the answer lies somewhere between what we have now and what the rest of the civilized world is doing. As always, taking action to stay as healthy as possible is the best insurance. I was lucky to have had employer funded insurance my entire career. A neighbor of mine has four kids and is paying nearly $2,500 per month for COBRA insurance. 

3 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

One man's trash is another's treasure. I likely won't be "around" to see any significant improvements to the system anyway. Maybe the answer lies somewhere between what we have now and what the rest of the civilized world is doing. As always, taking action to stay as healthy as possible is the best insurance. I was lucky to have had employer funded insurance my entire career. A neighbor of mine has four kids and is paying nearly $2,500 per month for COBRA insurance. 

I think what is being charged by the providers is most of the issues. and that not every one pays the same for the same services. Health care giants the are considerd "non profit" find a surplus of funds to only give their exsecs  fat bonouses and oh yea lets give our Lobby a 10 million dollar face lift since we have the money. 

9 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I think what is being charged by the providers is most of the issues. and that not every one pays the same for the same services. Health care giants the are considerd "non profit" find a surplus of funds to only give their exsecs  fat bonouses and oh yea lets give our Lobby a 10 million dollar face lift since we have the money. 

Too true! I have to laugh when the Cleveland Clinic sends me mail soliciting DONATIONS. Meanwhile, they redo the lobby and hold elaborate dinners/awards ceremonies congratulating each other for how well they did fiscally. It's nuts.

3 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

Too true! I have to laugh when the Cleveland Clinic sends me mail soliciting DONATIONS. Meanwhile, they redo the lobby and hold elaborate dinners/awards ceremonies congratulating each other for how well they did fiscally. It's nuts.

I don't want to get in a long debate into the vast medical issues in the US, but I have soft spot for the Cleveland Clinic since they literally saved my life. Almost three years ago I was in a coma after a heart attack from 100% blockage of the widow maker. I was at another Cleveland area hospital and after five days in a coma the neurologist told my wife and kids to look into long term care facilities because I was probably going to be in a coma the rest of my life. My family knew people at the CC and had me transferred. The CC staff got me out of the coma, after months of physical therapy and a year of speech and occupational therapy, I'm riding motorcycles and doing almost everything I did before. If you notice most of the buildings around the CC are named after someone, those are significant philanthropic donors. I also donate to the CC and will the rest of my life, happy to contribute. This last summer I underwent radiation treatment for stomach lymphoma, of course I went to the CC and I am happy to say I'm cancer free. Yes, from an architectural standpoint it is the most amazing hospital I have ever experienced.    

• Upvote 1

Just to present the opposing view. My wife went into the CC for a mammogram. Something went wrong it really hurt...she screamed stop...they did not and she passed out. Hit the floor hard and a major concussion.

Week in the hospital, non-stop headaches ever since it happened in early December. She is fucked for life now.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1