2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, $5500

Pauly

24 minutes ago, Pauly said:

If it doesn't sell, I may have it hustling across the Appalachians in a couple weeks. This thread is giving me a Desmo-boner. 

Why wait a couple of weeks? Fire that thing up and meet me tomorrow in New Concord.

This is seriously the best handling street bike I've ridden. It's a perfect back roads weapon. If there was a way to power the front wheel it would be a great unicycle. The front end feel and response is awesome.

If there is any flaw with the bike it's that it could use a couple more cylinders to get to the proper four count that all motorcycles should posses.

57 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

This is seriously the best handling street bike I've ridden. It's a perfect back roads weapon. If there was a way to power the front wheel it would be a great unicycle. The front end feel and response is awesome.

If there is any flaw with the bike it's that it could use a couple more cylinders to get to the proper four count that all motorcycles should posses.

Thanks for the review. Now if I could just sell it today, because if I read your post again... I might yank it from the classifieds. 

I know you are partially serious about the engine, but I really do love that particular Desmo. My only 4-valve Duc was the 748. While it was no slouch, it didn't hit nearly as hard as this 821. The engine is phenomenal and makes the bike so easy to carve corners. I shove the front and steer with the back tire all day long and it just rails. 

So help me Christ.. if your review tricks my brain into changing its mind, I hope it makes me punch you in the fucking face. 

Completely kidding about the motor. The weight of the bike and they motor are perfectly matched. There isn't a bike I would rather have for carving up a tight curvy backroad. Maybe that's a little strong of a recommendation because I currently require a quickshifter/auto blipper, a better way to state that would be there isn't a better bike available that fits that mission.

My eternal love for an I4 because it's the only proper way to make a motorcycle engine should be ignored if someone doesn't live with the same prejudice.

I'm prepared to not remove my helmet in your presence. 

Edited by Uncle Punk

4 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Very funny, you are not getting me to buy a bike that's only purpose is to get me in trouble. My old mans bike with hard bags and a comfortable upright seating position keeps me from attracting too much attention.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

Very funny, you are not getting me to buy a bike that's only purpose is to get me in trouble. My old mans bike with hard bags and a comfortable upright seating position keeps me from attracting too much attention.

It also has bags though.....

8 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

I think you should keep it. 

I have zero desire to ride it over the BMW. I am pushing toward trading the Vulcan and the Ducati in on a newer R1200RT for 2-up touring. 

• Pauly locked this topic