Tpoppa

2021 BMW R18

I was really hoping to like this thing, but...that riding position looks pretty funky.  Knees are to the top of the fuel tank.  The cylinder looks like it's right in the way of a comfortable riding position and being able to move your foot :(

Hopefully that's just a preproduction issue, but IDK.

032020-2021-bmw-r18-touring-04-633x356.j

Edited by Tpoppa

Maybe that fella is just really big. Tank looks pretty small as well. 

Air oil cooled too.This is an urban bike or bar hopper....it is not being made for the likes of us.

Seems like a waste of BMW's time, to me. 

39 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Seems like a waste of BMW's time, to me. 

I was hoping the bagger version would have a little better cornering manners and be more function over form than a typical bagger.  

If that is the riding position on the production model, it will flop...like BMWs last cruiser attempt.

• Upvote 1

looks like a honda rebel

I've already gone on record publicly as stating this is the most inexplicable and stupid thing BMW has done since it "invented" power brakes. And it's probably worse than that. Even worse than its last failed attempt at a cruiser.

Big cruisers were the fastest declining category in U.S. motorcycle sales last year and outside the U.S. big cruisers are a novelty, an oddity, or worse. Usually just ignored. So you build an expensive bike for the most rapidly dying segment and turn your boxer engine, which was traditionally loved for providing lots of torque in an engine that felt light, into a monstrous lump. This thing is going to be such a failure it will make the R 1200 C Montauk look good.