We may have had it.

Howabusa

So, March 8 th I came down with what we assumed was the season flu. I got it Sunday night, the 8th by the Monday night the wife had it. Cough, fever, body aches. I never got short of breath, but the wife did. I was feeling about 80# better on Friday. It seemed to hit the wife harder. We still feel weak after a week and a half. Connie took a Z-pak starting Wednesday. By Friday, 13th she still felt like crap and had a flu test done. Negative for A and B!! She was talking to at OSU infectious doctor, he thinks it was the Coronavirus!

Edited by Howabusa

This is the toughest part of the disease, the symptoms are so broad and common it could be anything. Hopefully she can get tested and it comes out negative. Or may be I should say say comes back positive and you guys are recovering. That’s would be a much better scenario. 

• Upvote 1

Now the saying goes instead of 14 it might actually be 24 days where you can shed and spread 

As healthcare worker with symptoms she should be tested, Ohio health I believe will fast track such cases,  turn around might be 48hrs. Should get it tested since both the other test is negative 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Okay now that we have this topic of maybe I have or had it.

Over four weeks ago I had a surgery on my backside to fix a fistula and to check out a growth of somthing that shouldn't be there.(no worries it was benign) Now I have been on an aspirin regimen for a few years because I have gotten and I'm susceptible to getting DVT in my lower legs. Before my surgery I stopped taking my aspirin per the doc's orders. About a week after my surgery sure enough I felt pain in the pit of my knee and calf indicating my DVT was returning. At that time me healing was good so stated to take my aspirin again. About the same time I was fighting what I thought was a sinus infection with runny nose, little cough and body aches. 5 or 6 day after stating the aprin again I stated to get chest tightness and really needing to gasp for breath sometimes. I mean it was very obvious just walking a flight of steps was making me gasp for air. I couldn't bend down to pick something up with out getting winded. I essecaily winded laying flat on my back. I actually thought that maybe a clot in my leg had traveled to my lung and may have had a very mild PE (pulmonary embolism) of course my stubborn ass said I'll deal with it unless it gets worse. Continued for maybe 5 to7 days even after I returned to work then it almost overnight went away after a little over a week. Had the sinus head cold issues since then, running nose and froggy throat. Still kinda do.  Everything Ive read said impact from even a minor PE should last weeks not just days. So now with all this info I read about the Covid19 makes me wonder if all that was actually and infection of the Corona

What do you think @NinjaDoc

Edited by 2talltim

All information I say take it with grain of salt as I am purely a kidney guy. (But we are the most common sense / numbers driven field in medicine/ so all my opinion are too rational to be true in medicine. )

First off if you had a dx of dvt in past/ or active risk of dvt/ the use of or lack of aspirin doesnt play a big role. Aspirin can take an edge off risk if you never had dxed dvt issues or risks but not in a significant way.  Only presence or absence of blood thinners matters/ plus if it was dvt / PE most likely you would have been typing this message from hospital bed during recovery. - we can rule out PE ( I should never say never in medicine I guess) 

then the symptoms, this year flu was bad, common theme seen was despite vaccination people getting hit bad. Even young healthy people. And significant cases of double impact as in one episode recovered some time end of fall winter and another during dec Jan period. Most have been dxed with test proven Inflz para inflz etc but  Recently after corona news started I was also thinking same whtr those rare tests that came back negative was corona which when ever knew. But currently based on the info available, corona is highly contagious and if it was here that early we would have seen a massive influx of cases already and not such spotty rare presentation. 

in short that was most likely one of the common viruses running around which was really debilitating this year. Also the sub Acute symptoms like runny nose  continue to run for sometime. 

having said that if you have one leg swelling and pain etc make sure you get ultrasound. 

7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

All information I say take it with grain of salt as I am purely a kidney guy. (But we are the most common sense / numbers driven field in medicine/ so all my opinion are too rational to be true in medicine. )

First off if you had a dx of dvt in past/ or active risk of dvt/ the use of or lack of aspirin doesnt play a big role. Aspirin can take an edge off risk if you never had dxed dvt issues or risks but not in a significant way.  Only presence or absence of blood thinners matters/ plus if it was dvt / PE most likely you would have been typing this message from hospital bed during recovery. - we can rule out PE ( I should never say never in medicine I guess) 

then the symptoms, this year flu was bad, common theme seen was despite vaccination people getting hit bad. Even young healthy people. And significant cases of double impact as in one episode recovered some time end of fall winter and another during dec Jan period. Most have been dxed with test proven Inflz para inflz etc but  Recently after corona news started I was also thinking same whtr those rare tests that came back negative was corona which when ever knew. But currently based on the info available, corona is highly contagious and if it was here that early we would have seen a massive influx of cases already and not such spotty rare presentation. 

in short that was most likely one of the common viruses running around which was really debilitating this year. Also the sub Acute symptoms like runny nose  continue to run for sometime. 

having said that if you have one leg swelling and pain etc make sure you get ultrasound. 

Yea I was on Eliquis for two years before the doc told me to switch to the asprin. Pain in my leg is also gone now after i returned to active duty and got back on the asprin. But about that bug I had. I have to add i have never in my life felt shortness of breath life that before ever. Felt like running up a flight of steps while doing nothing for a period of about a week. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Yea I was on Eliquis for two years before the doc told me to switch to the asprin. Pain in my leg is also gone now after i returned to active duty and got back on the asprin. But about that bug I had. I have to add i have never in my life felt shortness of breath life that before ever. Felt like running up a flight of steps while doing nothing for a period of about a week. 

Me too, this year flu incapacitated me like never before. Almost wanted to get admitted myself. 

In the Cleveland area (probably Ohio and beyond)  there was a widespread upper respiratory infection in November/December.

Everyone had it.  I had it.  It lasted about 4 weeks.  I'll bet lots of people are wondering if it was Corona.  It wasn't.