Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

27 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Interesting, but going to need more than unnamed sources and Fox News.

Just to be clear I'm not claiming the story is true, but it does seem to be worth investigating.

I believe China is capable of letting a virus out in the wild, their lack of precise standards & quality in manufacturing is ingrained in their culture, unlike Japan or Korea.  I also believe China is capable of this scale of cover up...but that doesn't mean this story is true.

I believe this will be one of the items that is investigated in the upcoming WHO inquiry.

Honestly if this story was true, anyone in China that could prove it is likely dead or imprisoned already.

Edit..

It's also a strange coincidence that there is a Lab in Wuhan, near that particular wet market that just happens to research Corona Viruses.

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

Here are the official Coronavirus guidelines:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with "I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

Edited by 2talltim
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Just to be clear I'm not claiming the story is true, but it does seem to be worth investigating.

I believe China is capable of letting a virus out in the wild, their lack of precise standards & quality in manufacturing is ingrained in their culture, unlike Japan or Korea.  I also believe China is capable of this scale of cover up...but that doesn't mean this story is true.

I believe this will be one of the items that is investigated in the upcoming WHO inquiry.

Honestly if this story was true, anyone in China that could prove it is likely dead or imprisoned already.

Here's a fun question - what the hell happens if it does come out that China manufactured this virus in a lab for research and it accidentally got out? There's no way every country on the planet says "don't worry about it man, it happens."

Some other troubling news - China is outright banning online games with the ability to communicate with other people. This has been a bit of a loophole in their internet monitoring efforts for the past 15 or so years, they have known about it but let it slide for the most part. They just now decide to plug up all the free speech loopholes after this shit show? They are battening down the hatches and preparing for something. Not really optimistic about this one.

8 minutes ago, what said:

Here's a fun question - what the hell happens if it does come out that China manufactured this virus in a lab for research and it accidentally got out? There's no way every country on the planet says "don't worry about it man, it happens."

Many nations would pull manufacturing out of China (this is already going to happen for medical supplies).  

Nations would also demand restitution, which of course China would refuse.

International tensions would rise, China would likely drop their charade of "Communists playing Capitalist" and there would either be a cold war or an actual war.

Edited by Tpoppa

6 minutes ago, what said:

Additional question, will all the liberals apologize to Trump for the grief they gave him for dropping a hammer on China the last couple of years.

To answer your question China will execute the "responsible parties" and most of the world will forget about it.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Here are the official Coronavirus guidelines:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with "I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Absolutely hilarious--and true.

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, what said:

They may have harvested it for research where it breached but reports say markers in the virus indicated it's natural and not lab born, unless china is smart enough to put false flags in their virus

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175442.htm

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

Bored to tears today. Found this inane vid on YouTube which caused me to laugh pretty damn hard. If you decide to watch, please ensure the sound is up on your device. I posted it here instead on the vid thread because this thread is so popular right now. I was tempted to send this video to my students, but the language is problematic--and this is a large part of why it appeals to me.

Drywallers....pretty much sys it all.  For their next trick, they'll shit in a wall pocket or down one of your heating vents.

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

My favorite.

39 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

They may have harvested it for research where it breached but reports say markers in the virus indicated it's natural and not lab born, unless china is smart enough to put false flags in their virus

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175442.htm

So, that is essentially the end of the "China made it" conspiracy?

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

FWIW

I know people love to bash Foxnews, and I've never read Foxnews articles until about 2 months ago.  I've read CNN articles for a long time.

Lately, I've been watching the Trump/Covid updates then compare the FOX/CNN articles vs what I saw with my own eyes.  9/10 times Fox has been more accurate. 

CNN posts headlines like "Trump Throws Presidential Tantrum During Corona Update" after refusing to air the actual press conference, where nothing like that actually occurred.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I think the question is whether the outbreak originated straight from an animal or a petri dish they previously grew from an infected animal.

Agree.

If it was from a lab, that would be pretty terrible, but not as bad as trying to cover it up afterward.

• Upvote 1

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/1-in-4-students-participating-in-online-coursework-in-ohio-cincinnati

whut? "you're furloughed to prevent CV so your kid should go get a job?"

“I have students right now who really can’t access the curriculum because they had to get a job because their parents are making less money now,” said Michele Jones, a math teacher in Utah.

3 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/1-in-4-students-participating-in-online-coursework-in-ohio-cincinnati

whut? "you're furloughed to prevent CV so your kid should go get a job?"

“I have students right now who really can’t access the curriculum because they had to get a job because their parents are making less money now,” said Michele Jones, a math teacher in Utah.

Worst parents ever if true; I can see this happening. However, unless the child workers are 18 or older, the state will step in and demand that the minor child return to the classroom once schools reopen. It's state law.

On 4/14/2020 at 11:50 AM, snot said:

People are starving and crime is on the rise.... It's the start of most horror movies...

At this pace riots are next....

On 4/14/2020 at 12:11 PM, TimTheAzn said:

Finally, this gets interesting. When does the looting start? 

On 4/14/2020 at 12:16 PM, what said:

I think I read that crime is down overall, but commercial break-ins are up.

But yeah, once people start having to go without food in major metro areas, things will get ugly quick.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:02 PM, what said:

If the food supply chain starts to break down, that's where things will start escalating quickly. Mobs of angry people with nothing to lose get violent real fast.

Well, there is this:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/exclusive-secret-military-task-force-prepares-to-secure-the-u-s-capital/ar-BB12IZtv?ocid=msedgntp

26 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

I think subconsciously that I find this post so funny because I can absolutely hear Trump saying these same words at one of his daily pressers. SMH.

That whole string kind'a reminded me of the quote from Donald Rumsfeld on Iraq and WoMDs:

Rumsfeld stated:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones."

WHAT? 😏

2 minutes ago, Bubba said:

That whole string kind'a reminded me of the quote from Donald Rumsfeld on Iraq and WoMDs:

Rumsfeld stated:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones."

WHAT? 😏

Science: Transcending Skepticism and Believerism, page 2

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Rumsfeld stated:

WHAT? 😏

Bubs, I do remember this and I agree. The first thing that came to my mind after reading this was act 1 scene 1 of Macbeth: 

"When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"

"When the hurly-burly's done, when the battle's lost and won."

"Fair is foul and foul is fair."

IOW, chaos and confusion.

Edited by SpecialEd
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

Bubs, I do remember this and I agree. The first thing that came to my mind after reading this was act 1 scene 1 of Macbeth: 

"When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"

"When the hurly-burly's done, when the battle's lost and won."

"Fair is foul and foul is fair."

IOW, chaos and confusion.

Owww!  Taunting me with high school English knowledge.  I was a Chem/Physics major, so.... 😖

1 hour ago, CoDAF said:

So, that is essentially the end of the "China made it" conspiracy?

I don't think it is a 'China made it' conspiracy. I think it is a 'China accidentally unleashed it on the world while studying it and then covered it up making it far worse for the rest of the world' conspiracy.

BTW, it appears the US Government (us taxpayers) helped fund that lab in Wuhan.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tonik said:

CNN actually took a break from their Trump hate opinion pieces to cover this story.  It even seems to be written without political bias, so you better watch it quick before CNN kills it.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/04/16/china-transparency-covid-19-spread-pkg-culver-lead-vpx.cnn