Jump to content
Tonik

Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, CJ74U2NV said:

Common sense has completely left this post.

FTFY

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

When is TP gate going to end? While out Sunday and stopped at a small town store yesterday to grab a couple forgotten items I looked in the TP isle. I would have bought some if there but the shelves were still bare. We are probably good for a couple more weeks at my house and my old man said he's got a few to spare us, so not a rush for any. But where is it all going? Why are idiots still hoard buying it? I mean people literally have to have rooms and garages full of it by now. Just make zero sense. I don't think I've bought any since early January. We usally buy one of the biggest packs they sell and will last us months between the three of us. I do most of my goings while at work anyway. 

I do most of my shitting at work, where it should be done. Helps conserve TP.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

I do most of my shitting at work, where it should be done. Helps conserve TP.

Another advantage of this is that you get paid to poop. A shit-pro.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the zombie apocalypse started in Finland yesterday.

 

Screenshot_20200407-082910_Facebook.jpg

Capture.PNG.28f7d31523d1a3fe01178b7f96de8837.png

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The closer it gets to the worst time to get it, the more I crave takeout.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

The closer it gets to the worst time to get it, the more I crave takeout.

 

We must be related.

We all want stuff more when we can't have it. For me it's pizza--a small thin-crust delivered to my front steps "contact-free"--for just over twenty bucks. I've "pulled the trigger" on this three times during each of the three weeks I've been working from home.

As far as personally picking up take-out at a restaurant, is that burger and fries worth risking your life for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

The closer it gets to the worst time to get it, the more I crave takeout.

 

 

2 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

We must be related.

We all want stuff more when we can't have it. For me it's pizza--a small thin-crust delivered to my front steps "contact-free"--for just over twenty bucks. I've "pulled the trigger" on this three times during each of the three weeks I've been working from home.

As far as personally picking up take-out at a restaurant, is that burger and fries worth risking your life for?

We've only eaten take out twice since this all happened. Once was a Stromboli i picked up at a pick up window, the other time was curb side take out at applebees this weekend for a moto picnic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2talltim said:

 

We've only eaten take out twice since this all happened. Once was a Stromboli i picked up at a pick up window, the other time was curb side take out at applebees this weekend for a moto picnic. 

That picnic food looked delicious, BTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpecialEd said:

That picnic food looked delicious, BTW.

Just your basic Applebees.Bourbon Bacon Cheese burger, Lime Fiesta Chicken and Spinach artichoke dip. All on the 2 for $22 menu app included. With a couple bottles of Gatorade Zero from Walmart it was a $25 meal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Just trying to give some optimistic outlook based on some numbers. Just keep this as a positive thought and don’t expect it to be true course. 

source Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

Just an estimate. as of now it’s just a guesstimate even since non of the pattern followed any common sense so far. 

The growth of new cases in Ohio has slowed  until last Saturday 3/28 cases in Ohio were growing by 20%+ every day. after that 

Sunday 3/29 - 17.57%
Monday 3/30 - 16.94%
Tuesday 3/31 - 13.76%
Wednesday 4/1 - 15.83%
Thursday 4/2 - 13.94%
Friday 4/3 - 14.13%
Saturday 4/4 - 12.89%
Sunday 4/5 - 8.13%

Based on this these guys revised and saying 

Ohio is now projected to peak in hospitalizations in 2 days, on April 8.

By Sunday, April 26, Ohio is projected to need less than 200 hospital beds across the entire state.

Ohio is projected to have 0 shortages in terms of regular beds or ICU beds.

Ohio is projected to need 223 ventilators, down from the previous projection of 615.

All seems positive,

on ground lvl I can tell you at one point they were making arrangement to convert all the closed of cafeteria sections into make shift wards to cover demands and of course to make lot of money etc, but we never saw the extreme brunt, we never had the tough job to choose who gets to go on the ventilator. Whtr the grandma with sniffles or the young dad with sniffles and large goober. They all got put on ventilator of course for more billing and money is money. 
 

there is an old saying, it’s easier to wake people up when they are sleeping. But when they pretend to be sleeping it’s difficult. 

Thanks for sharing numbers Nivin.

I place more stake in data than headlines 👍

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

When is TP gate going to end? While out Sunday and stopped at a small town store yesterday to grab a couple forgotten items I looked in the TP isle. I would have bought some if there but the shelves were still bare. We are probably good for a couple more weeks at my house and my old man said he's got a few to spare us, so not a rush for any. But where is it all going? Why are idiots still hoard buying it? I mean people literally have to have rooms and garages full of it by now. Just make zero sense. I don't think I've bought any since early January. We usally buy one of the biggest packs they sell and will last us months between the three of us. I do most of my goings while at work anyway. 

I went to Costco this morning for "senior hour" 8:00AM to 9:00AM, felt guilty because you have to be 60 and I'm 62, probably look like 70 years but don't feel it. There was a huge amount of TP, I asked the manager if TP would be available later, he said the hoarders are gone. The war between the hoarders and the TP manufacturers seems to be over and the TP manufacturers won. The plants can make more than the hoarders can store in the homes. The hoarders put up a good fight, but the plants can run round the clock and require very little man power to operate. At least that's the story in CLE. BTW, Costco will not let you return the over bought TP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tonik said:

FTFY

Excellent come back.  Full of verifiable stats and data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

I went to Costco this morning for "senior hour" 8:00AM to 9:00AM, felt guilty because you have to be 60 and I'm 62, probably look like 70 years but don't feel it. There was a huge amount of TP, I asked the manager if TP would be available later, he said the hoarders are gone. The war between the hoarders and the TP manufacturers seems to be over and the TP manufacturers won. The plants can make more than the hoarders can store in the homes. The hoarders put up a good fight, but the plants can run round the clock and require very little man power to operate. At least that's the story in CLE. BTW, Costco will not let you return the over bought TP. 

The fight over TP is laughable. Many calling it a "necessity".   How can something be a "necessity" that didn't even really exist 150 years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoDAF said:

Uh... I am doing what the scientists standing next to Captain Kangaroo and Governor DeWine told me to do. I don't watch the news. 

Also, I am amused that you are quoting and correcting a physician. 

I'm quoting Dr Martin Dubravec who is a Allergist/Clinical Immunologist and Allergy and Asthma Specialists of Cadillac, MI .  I'm not correcting anything.  Saying Acton is a scientist and a doctor so she's right is like saying an orthopedic surgeon is qualified to pull teeth like an oral surgeon.  Orthopedic can't even clean teeth like a dental hygienist but the "Dr" title sounds good in news bites.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

I went to Costco this morning for "senior hour" 8:00AM to 9:00AM, felt guilty because you have to be 60 and I'm 62, probably look like 70 years but don't feel it. There was a huge amount of TP, I asked the manager if TP would be available later, he said the hoarders are gone. The war between the hoarders and the TP manufacturers seems to be over and the TP manufacturers won. The plants can make more than the hoarders can store in the homes. The hoarders put up a good fight, but the plants can run round the clock and require very little man power to operate. At least that's the story in CLE. BTW, Costco will not let you return the over bought TP. 

Hasn't made it to the stix yet. Cow town shelves are still mostly bare.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NinjaDoc

Thanks for the updated on what you are seeing.

The VP at my husbands company died, however they are truly essential since they are in Trucking.

Two of our church members are at the nursing home in Miami Co. Where we had an out break. Both are fine, but 6 people died in that home.

I hate working from home. But grateful to be working and healthy. I need to learn patiences and I was becoming addicted to working out.... So, I needed this although I did not want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Just trying to give some optimistic outlook based on some numbers. Just keep this as a positive thought and don’t expect it to be true course. 

source Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

Just an estimate. as of now it’s just a guesstimate even since non of the pattern followed any common sense so far. 

The growth of new cases in Ohio has slowed  until last Saturday 3/28 cases in Ohio were growing by 20%+ every day. after that 

Sunday 3/29 - 17.57%
Monday 3/30 - 16.94%
Tuesday 3/31 - 13.76%
Wednesday 4/1 - 15.83%
Thursday 4/2 - 13.94%
Friday 4/3 - 14.13%
Saturday 4/4 - 12.89%
Sunday 4/5 - 8.13%

Based on this these guys revised and saying 

Ohio is now projected to peak in hospitalizations in 2 days, on April 8.

By Sunday, April 26, Ohio is projected to need less than 200 hospital beds across the entire state.

Ohio is projected to have 0 shortages in terms of regular beds or ICU beds.

Ohio is projected to need 223 ventilators, down from the previous projection of 615.

All seems positive,

on ground lvl I can tell you at one point they were making arrangement to convert all the closed of cafeteria sections into make shift wards to cover demands and of course to make lot of money etc, but we never saw the extreme brunt, we never had the tough job to choose who gets to go on the ventilator. Whtr the grandma with sniffles or the young dad with sniffles and large goober. They all got put on ventilator of course for more billing and money is money. 
 

there is an old saying, it’s easier to wake people up when they are sleeping. But when they pretend to be sleeping it’s difficult. 

Thanks for the numbers Doc hope this is true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't the U of W numbers been pretty optimistic all along, and consistently more optimistic than all the others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ricer1 said:

Costco will not let you return the over bought TP. 

No store should allow returns for any of the popular over-bought items. Fuck those people.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CJ74U2NV said:

I'm quoting Dr Martin Dubravec who is a Allergist/Clinical Immunologist and Allergy and Asthma Specialists of Cadillac, MI .  I'm not correcting anything.  Saying Acton is a scientist and a doctor so she's right is like saying an orthopedic surgeon is qualified to pull teeth like an oral surgeon.  Orthopedic can't even clean teeth like a dental hygienist but the "Dr" title sounds good in news bites.  

I think he's talking about you arguing with ninjadoc, who, is a doctor, and buried in this virus and what it's doing day-to-day. Chief.

Edited by what
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped at Marcs in Elyria for some canned goods today after picking up our renewed CHLs.   Couldn’t believe they had lots of TP.  Bought a few packages since we’re helping supply family that can’t get out.   Still no Clorox or Lysol wipes.  No problem, we just make our own with a bleach and water mixture on wash cloths, then wash them and reuse.  
 

Still can’t understand why people thought they needed to hoard toilet paper.  DUH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Stopped at Marcs in Elyria for some canned goods today after picking up our renewed CHLs.   Couldn’t believe they had lots of TP.  Bought a few packages since we’re helping supply family that can’t get out.   Still no Clorox or Lysol wipes.  No problem, we just make our own with a bleach and water mixture on wash cloths, then wash them and reuse.  
 

Still can’t understand why people thought they needed to hoard toilet paper.  DUH

You need a CHL? Did that happen when you retired? 

Also, yes about the toilet paper. All those morons should be forced to eat their leftovers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I traded my extra TP last week for n95 masks. My market timing was spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally found TP yesterday... It's some bullshit brand and it's lavender scented, but we're down to our last pack so I grabbed one. First I've seen TP in a month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...