Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

Well, my wife will be joining me at home all day each day until April as of tomorrow night. I will be the only one of us who has to work, as her job will be shut down. I hope we don't kill each other.

3 minutes ago, what said:

because springfield I imagine.

Never been there. What's wrong with it? And are they shooting at each other with Springfield rifles?

Edited by SpecialEd

2 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

Because . . . ?

Yep.. Hell hole... We have seen more deaths not related to illness lately. 3 deaths in less than a day from car accidents. 

My favorite... CVS robbed by 2 people wearing medical mask... Dayton passed a law a week or so ago making it illegal to wear mask to commit a crime or intimidate another person. 

2 minutes ago, snot said:

Yep.. Hell hole... We have seen more deaths not related to illness lately. 3 deaths in less than a day from car accidents. 

My favorite... CVS robbed by 2 people wearing medical mask... Dayton passed a law a week or so ago making it illegal to wear mask to commit a crime or intimidate another person. 

1 minute ago, motocat12 said:

Holy crap. As I wrote earlier somewhere on this forum, books will be written examining this very, very odd period in history, and all the weird behavior fueled by the scourge of COVID-19. These will be compelling to read . . .

41 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

This changed very little. I will be at home and the wife will be at work. You can’t shut down the nursing homes. 

You are right, seeing the list of exemptions it looks like he is mostly enforcing what he asked everyone to do a week ago.

Thereis a list about half way down of exemptions.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/03/ohio-gov-mike-dewine-officially-orders-nonessential-businesses-closed-in-response-to-coronavirus.html

Is this mandatory or just guidance?
This order is mandatory. To help prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in Ohio and protect our friends, neighbors, and vulnerable populations, please stay home.

Will the Ohio National Guard be enforcing this order?
No. The Ohio National Guard will not be enforcing this order.

47 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

This changed very little. I will be at home and the wife will be at work. You can’t shut down the nursing homes. 

But you are retired and not working, is that correct? If so, at what age did you take Social Security?

1 minute ago, motocat12 said:

Is this mandatory or just guidance?
This order is mandatory. To help prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in Ohio and protect our friends, neighbors, and vulnerable populations, please stay home.

Will the Ohio National Guard be enforcing this order?
No. The Ohio National Guard will not be enforcing this order.

I listened to DeWine's briefing today, and yours is an interesting question. I agree; many of the edicts he articulated seemed to be suggestions.

17 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Anything that you can claim the 1st Amendment on is an exemption. You can just say you on a mission from God to do what ever you want. 

1a3eqo.jpg.5f0a241978e3c655e0428b0a96c66634.jpg

Absolutely true!

https://www.cincinnatibell.net/player/category/news/article/wochit_postables-hobby_lobby_founder_god_told_my_wife_to_keep_store-velephant?fbclid=IwAR2dK0eDnDxmjCQRnAl5prCk039DeNUBsTDCpj-G0f3Z7IBOR7WhyazrHV4

Annotation 2020-03-22 183701.jpg

9 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

? I'm not certain what ideas this post is trying to convey.

I have to remember that I must be more concise and on-topic for you educator types. 

Seriously, I only post what the voices tell me to.  Grade me a D-minus for ambiguity.

12 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I have to remember that I must be more concise and on-topic for you educator types. 

Seriously, I only post what the voices tell me to.  Grade me a D-minus for ambiguity.

Bubba, what most concerns me, and likely the rest of OR members, is the fact that you are hearing voices which, apparently, guide your thoughts and--God forbid--your actions. Please seek professional help and get back to us once a treatment protocol has been established. Until this milestone has been reached, please refrain from posting here.

Edited by SpecialEd

He can't seek treatment, he has to call.... Not a good reason to leave home. 

Hearing voices is not a good reason. My hubby hears voices all the time, it is usually me and he chooses not to listen.

Bubba could ignore the voices unless they are saying "make Ed a sammich and take it to him"...