Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

25 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

the absolute worst possible scenario of my father in law getting it because it would almost certainly be a death sentence for him

My mom is in the same boat. She struggles to stay healthy on any given day because of her pulmonary issues.

I am more concerned about this virus than I was a few day ago. The news seems to getting worse about it. My wife is my health expert and up until yesterday she was downplaying the whole thing. She seems to have changed her mind and now is more concerned. I have at least a couple of weeks worth of food and I bought 2 more cases of water today. Also bought more hand sanitizers.

If I was over 70 and/or had an already compromised immune system I would be more concerned, and would plan accordingly.   This seems like viral Darwinism.

I am 0% concerned about the breakdown of society or availability of necessities.  

There will be treatments for those that have it and vaccines for prevention in the next 3-6 months.  I expect the actual virus to be keep popping up in local outbreaks for the next 12-18 months.

The bottom line is that the survival rate for healtly people with access to medical care is 99%.

Edited by Tpoppa

4 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

If I was over 70 and/or had an already compromised immune system I would be more concerned, and would plan accordingly.   This seems like viral Darwinism.

I am 0% concerned about the breakdown of society or availability of necessities.  

There will be treatments for those that have it and vaccines for prevention in the next 3-6 months.  I expect the actual virus to be keep popping up in local outbreaks for the next 12-18 months.

The bottom line is that the survival rate for healtly people with access to medical care is 99%.

but will there be hundreds of millions to bilions of vaccines in 3-6 months

Yesterday I got a care package for my tracer. Birthday present a couple weeks early. Crash bars, driving lights, tank bag straight from Motostorm/Givi in Italy. My wife has quarantined the package for a couple days. This sucks. :nono:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

My storage unit sent me a marketing email about how they are handling CV.

If I remember I will take a UV light and check if they are cleaning the keypad since they are so concerned.

Same. They also raised my rate by 40%.

Thanks Trump?? Is this the right thread?? 

4 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

Yesterday I got a care package for my tracer. Birthday present a couple weeks early. Crash bars, driving lights, tank bag straight from Motostorm/Givi in Italy. My wife has quarantined the package for a couple days. This sucks. :nono:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

why https://www.fox29.com/news/can-coronavirus-spread-from-mail-or-packages-no-health-experts-say

As of now, there have been about 81,000 cases in China, about 63,000 of those have recovered.  The occurrence of newly reported cases in China is slowing.  Containment measures in China appear to be having a positive effect. 

We have lower population density than China and access to better medical care.  We also have access to more information than China had when things started in December.  

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-ten-reasons-why-you-ought-not-to-panic-132941?utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3OFNdf9jzhgIjODwFuFKUr1YDWJxmEWXYlJSN6u3Q9jndwcWYkoTvXRVQ

2 hours ago, durk said:

Y6b1m1S.jpg

Am I missing something here? What do you read there that says close colleges and postpone professional sports?

And just how is this disease deadlier than the flu as some assert? I don't get it.

9 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

And just how is this disease deadlier than the flu as some assert? I don't get it.

By percentages, COVID 19 has a higher likelihood of being fatal.

Obviously, there are many more people that have the flu.

11 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

As of now, there have been about 81,000 cases in China, about 63,000 of those have recovered.  The occurrence of newly reported cases in China is slowing.  Containment measures in China appear to be having a positive effect. 

We have lower population density than China and access to better medical care.  We also have access to more information than China had when things started in December.  

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-ten-reasons-why-you-ought-not-to-panic-132941?utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3OFNdf9jzhgIjODwFuFKUr1YDWJxmEWXYlJSN6u3Q9jndwcWYkoTvXRVQ

How are they testing? Are they still testing or just saying good enough? Lots of videos of vans piled high with corpses making their way around the internet where mom/dad/grandma/grandpa didnt make it. 

Nivin's post above should be the #1 reference in this conversation. For obvious reasons beyond the common sense aspect. 

The disease per se is less understood, the epidemiology is evolving. No one knows for sure what’s happening and all are talking in terms of percentage numbers which are evolving. So far the only few information glimpses we got point towards, high R0 number ( very infective) and mortality high among fragile elderly. It may be true may not be true. The only thing we are asked to do is shake less, mingle less, wash hands and sacrifice few basketball games and such.  And if your sick stay home or really really sick come to hospital and get tested. They haven’t asked us anything like permanent life changing or extraordinary like leave your home burn everything and run away. This might all be just hype and will blow away soon, very good if it’s so. I hate to think of the alternative scenario were it’s infact dangerous disease and we are not prepared or being cautious.

WHO called it a pandemic and we are over here like WHO the fark is that. 

mans regarding Chinese data, if they were more transparent and forthcoming in the first place this could have been curbed way earlier.