Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

6 minutes ago, CJ74U2NV said:

I respect your point of view on this, I really do.  The only thing I'd say is that I see masks/helmet comparison as I should wear a helmet at all times since they prevent brain injuries...period.  That's a true statement but not practical.  Thanks for keeping it civil.  If we meet, I'd wear a mask near you and buy the first round.  

And to add to Pauly's reply:  if you hit your head hard enough to sustain an injury even with a helmet, the ABATE folks say they would rather be dead than brain injured.  They also claim hitting the chin bar could snap your neck under just the right scenario so they only wear "pudding bowls" when required.

It's still a probability game and a matter of where you fall on the risk/reward spectrum.

I know a guy that had brain surgery after a crash where they were wearing full leathers and a Snell lid. They (those goddamn lying crackpot surgeons) cracked his skull to relieve the swelling pressure. 

But downvotes are cool, too. You don't happen to be a chess master, by chance?

file.png

Average life expectancy is the US is 78.  "Old people" who are most at risk are dying anyways.  DeWine, being about 73, is just scared and forcing everyone to live like they already have one foot in the grave...like him.

Survival rates:

- 0 to 19 yrs old is 99.997%

- 20 to 49 yrs old is 99.98%

- 50 to 69 yrs old is 99.5%

- 70+ yrs old is 94.6%

Let people decide their own way of living over a virus that is minimally fatal.  You have a higher chance of being shot and killed in Chicago than dying of the kung-flu in Ohio.

Edited by CJ74U2NV

42 minutes ago, CJ74U2NV said:

Average life expectancy is the US is 78.  "Old people" who are most at risk are dying anyways.  DeWine, being about 73, is just scared and forcing everyone to live like they already have one foot in the grave...like him.

I just want that quoted. 

And for the rest of ya'll selfish fools that are in the "but, it doesn't affect me" camp.  I sure hope you find some empathy someday, but I think it'll take something that'll rock you to the core before you get it.

Ohh, and don't forget the long-term affects of organ damage for those that it doesn't become fatal for... 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

...good thing we live in a country that wouldn't count that as a pre-existing condition for your future health insurance premiums.  /s

Go ahead and google "coronavirus long term effects college athletes" to see how this silly liberal hoax affects what is arguably the healthiest among us.  Even if it isn't fatal, losing cardio and lung capacity would be a real kick in the nuts for those of us that enjoy an active and fitness-oriented lifestyle.

Edited by Disclaimer
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

I just want that quoted.

Go ahead and google "coronavirus long term effects college athletes

I just wanted to quote that...because kung-flu hasn't been around long term yet to quantify long term affects.  Silly hoax statements.

Edited by CJ74U2NV

Today will make 67 days since the Mask mandate began on July 23rd. There have been 70,859 positive cases from July 23 to September 28. Taking a look at 67 days prior to the mandate (May 24-July 23), there were 48,256 positive cases. So there has been 22,603 additional cases for the same time frame of 67 days! To put things in perspective, the entire month of May had 16,810. and June 16,866. July had the most positives with 38,760 and August had 32,085. We are already at 27,824 for September. The ironic thing is the Ohio Department of Health said we are at an all time low of 2.9 % positive rate. Of the positive results, the survival rate is 99+%.

On 9/28/2020 at 3:14 PM, CJ74U2NV said:
Ohio Covid 19 percentages to Ohio population.
Total Cases 1.2%
Deaths 0.037%
Hospitalizations 0.129%
Total number of cases 148,894
Recovered 128,369
Open Cases 20,525 or 0.1755%

So, yer sayin' an average individual in Ohio has 5,174 X chance of dying from Covid 19 than winning pick 6 Ohio Lottery if they buy a ticket.  (pick 5 of 6 : 21X chance, pick 4 of 6 0.38X chance).  Guess I'll continue to wear my kn95s until the situation improves. [edit- oops, this was fake news.  Not being a lotto player I didn't realize that Ohio doesn't call their game where you pick 6 numbers "pick 6" but calls it "classic lottery" . The odds comparison is correct, only the names have changed.]

Edited by jschaf
Fake news
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Copy/Paste.....deal with it.

Heart disease 1 in 6
Cancer 1 in 7
All preventable causes of death 1 in 25
Chronic lower respiratory disease 1 in 26
Suicide 1 in 86
Opioid overdose 1 in 98
Motor-vehicle crash 1 in 106
Fall 1 in 111
Gun assault 1 in 298
Pedestrian incident 1 in 541
Motorcyclist 1 in 890
Drowning 1 in 1,121
Fire or smoke 1 in 1,399
Choking on food 1 in 2,618
Bicyclist 1 in 4,060
Sunstroke 1 in 7,770
Accidental gun discharge 1 in 9,077
Electrocution, radiation, extreme temperatures, and pressure 1 in 12,484
Sharp objects 1 in 29,483
Hot surfaces and substances 1 in 45,186
Hornet, wasp, and bee stings 1 in 53,989
Cataclysmic storm 1 in 54,699
Dog attack 1 in 118,776
Lightning 1 in 180,746

Kung Flu is about 1 in 2350.  So you're somewhere between dying from a fire/smoke and choking on food.  Your mask would just burn if you're on fire and would send the food back to your lungs if you were choking.  So you're better off without it.  And since dying on a motorcycle is 1 in 890 (almost 3 times higher than COVID, are you going to sell it to be safe?  Because if you don't, that's hypocritical.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jschaf said:

So, yer sayin' an average individual in Ohio has 5,174 X chance of dying from Covid 19 than winning pick 6 Ohio Lottery if they buy a ticket.  (pick 5 of 6 : 21X chance, pick 4 of 6 0.38X chance).  Guess I'll continue to wear my kn95s until the situation improves.

There's no such thing as a pick 6 game in Ohio.  SMH

• 3 weeks later...