Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

14 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

This thread needs a small injection of humor.

106668856_10220958086894831_5727765476950148854_n.jpg

Getting fuel a 2? I'm at 50/50 that's what I got it from. I should go to 2 "good" protests, I bet it cures me. 3 protests and anywhere I walk my immune system actively kills the virus in a 10m radius.

3 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

My eyes are always wide open.  Do I think Trump is doing a great job?..no.  Do I think Biden is capable of leading?..also no.

But, it doesn't sit well with me the the Dems are fine with the economy tanking and Covid spiking as long as it means Trump doesn't get re-elected.  That is an epic failure of leadership that is well above and beyond anything you can lay on Trump.  Sorry.   Calling that treasonous would not be not out of line.   

trea·son
noun

1. the crime of betraying one's country

Yeah... Democrats suck. Perhaps I will sit this one out. Seems to be a game one is unable to win. 

• Upvote 1

I work retail we have 150 employees per store 10 stores in my district over 20,000 customers a week per store. Over 4 months now not a single employee has gotten sick. Real world FACTS. 

Edited by HeavyDuty
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, HeavyDuty said:

I work retail we have 150 employees per store 10 stores in my district over 20,000 customers a week per store. Over 4 months now not a single employee has gotten sick. Real world FACTS. 

Nobody symptomatic at least.

3 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

100⁰+ temps doing manual labor in a stuffy elevator shaft is how I spent May and June in a mask. If I can do it and not suffocate, Ohio soccer moms will survive. It's unfortunate that it had to be mandated, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

If you are on your motorcycle and riding you are safe.

Also, the kitchen is safe if you don't piss off the sammich makers.

My gym is safe. We clean after use of equipment and common surfaces are cleaned after every class. We have had several people tested all negative. Many of our members work in hospitals, Dr. Offices, PT, jails and police... None have had it.

Edited by snot

Here is my biggest issue with mask....PEOPLE WON'T STOP FUCKING WITH THEM!... You put a mask on your face with clean(ish) hands you should leave it the fuck alone. Traveling this week here has been my observations. Workers, servers, travelers basically everyone. Is reaching up and touching their face, mouth and mask seemingly every 30 seconds. In my opinion is this is actually worse than not wearing one in some ways. Mask are making people put their hands near on on their face and mouths far more then the should be.

Your server at the restaurant is wearing mask to protect you (supposedly). He has his mask on around you, goes to the kitchen drops it, fidgits with it, wipe the sweat from his chin from the mask being worn. Then refills you're drink, brings you condiments ect. You touch these items with your hands while eating your food.

Case 2: Average Joe walking or driving down the street not required to wear one unless walking into a business. But his hands go to his mask and mouth every time he has to put it back on. Now his germs are all over his hands then touches everything around him. Then the next guy does the same.

I think we were beter off when we were preaching WASH YOURS HANDS  and STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE  and  KEEP YOUR DISTANCE 

The concerns about touching the masks and touching other stuff are all valid and everyone should be trying harder. 

Beating this dead horse is getting old but try to remember that the current accepted primary method of transmission is by far via the microdroplets of water/saliva/phlegm/semen that you all expell from your mouth/sinus cavities/throat/lungs.  Even a cotton mask, when worn properly, reduces that transmission by a lot even if only 1 person wears it. Ideally most effective when everyone is wearing it.  

So keep your cum burps to yourselves by wearing a mask and try not to give other people all the germs. 

K thx bai

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Pauly said:

I don't understand why that is news. But I have seen many maskers telling others to get educated that masks don't protect yourself . -shrug-

37 minutes ago, dustinsn3485 said:

Anybody can find a study to support their point of view...

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

Does the amount of droplets change the intensity of the infection though?

1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

yes.

if you get hit with 1 droplet it starts small, then grows over time and allows your immune system time to get ramped up. if you get hit with 1000 droplets your immune system is essentially getting nuked from everywhere all at once.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, motocat12 said:

1 hour ago, what said:

yes.

if you get hit with 1 droplet it starts small, then grows over time and allows your immune system time to get ramped up. if you get hit with 1000 droplets your immune system is essentially getting nuked from everywhere all at once.

As well, the amount of time you're are exposed to the "cloud" of droplets.

Your risk increases with the total amount of droplets you've inhaled.

2 hours ago, what said:

yes.

Source?  That sounds different than what I  remember from biology classes.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I just wanted to say, "Viral load"

The dose matters in determining whether an infection can take hold and seemingly how severe the resulting disease will be.

https://www.galaxydx.com/pathogen-infectious-dose-and-the-risk-of-vector-borne-disease-transmission/

The main sources for infection are home, workplace, public transport, social gatherings, and restaurants. This accounts for 90% of all transmission events. In contrast, outbreaks spread from shopping appear to be responsible for a small percentage of traced infections

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.04.20053058v1.full.pdf

If I am outside, and I walk past someone, remember it is “dose and time” needed for infection. You would have to be in their airstream for 5+ minutes for a chance of infection. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I guess the answer is yes and no. The likelihood of infection is higher with more droplets and after reading through some research it seems they were reporting that people with more viral load were found to be more sick. Though I think a lot of this disease's symptoms are caused by our own immune system causing excess inflammation. So it depends on how intensely a person's immune system reacts, which I think viral load can have an impact on.