Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Columbus mayor just made masking mandatory

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Akron is doing it next week.

This is the same way we treat disobedient children. If you are too careless or immature to follow directions, add a consequence. 

This whole COVID thing has revealed a lot about how too many people couldn't care less about either themselves or others. It's really disappointing--and it's not only the masking-up thing. The embarrassingly bad public behavior of the many "Karens" is just another example.

Edited by SpecialEd

10 hours ago, Tonik said:

You regularly ride your bike to southern Ohio in areas where the infection rate is spiking pretty rapidly, stopping for gas, some snacks and lunch. And even though you are careful you are surrounded by idiots not wearing masks. 

Then you come back to your safe little county, and don't wear a mask when you are around other people.

You are the poster child for why people should wear masks, as are most of us.

So you agree the numbers for my county are safe?

3 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Should I pay my 1st half property taxes now, or wait and see if there's another extension/forgiveness?

Might be more federal "gift" checks coming that would help cover property taxes, but we went ahead and paid ours.

23 minutes ago, durk said:

Rick, doesn't it all boil down to relative risk?

If the only criteria on which to base your decision is the ODH daily statistics, you are most likely going to be safe--at this point. Respectfully, I ask why take an added risk? And why risk the health of others? You have no idea if you are shedding the virus asymptomatically. Why not hedge your bets? As a teacher, you are a role model. And I don't see your (or ANY) school districts waiving the option of masking up around students, so you will eventually have to wear a mask, at least at work. May as well get used to it.

Edited by SpecialEd
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, durk said:

Yes until you or someone else brings Covid in from somewhere else. As to your original question "Am I an idiot". Sorry man, at this point I have to go with yes.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Yes until you or someone else brings Covid in from somewhere else. As to your original question "Am I an idiot". Sorry man, at this point I have to go with yes.

I knew I could count on you to tell me how you felt. I appreciate that about you. You used to be so nice to me, though. Guess the honeymoon is over.

Since you called my county safe. I would say we agree .44% is not something to be concerned about. You mentioned that I travel to SEO which is currently a hot zone. I had not heard that. I did some number checks there for Marietta where I have stopped  for lunch and dined inside at Subway the past 2 trips. I know I’m certifiable at this point. If I did it right Washington county I believe is where Marietta is located. 127 cases, population 59,911 = .21%. It’s safer than my little county.

Now I had heard Cuyahoga was bad. As of last night .55%. I still would not call that worrisome.

Realize these numbers I’m reporting are since the start of the pandemic I believe. I’m guessing folks have gotten healthy and there may be less people running around that are contagious. 

6 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Ohio 3491 per million

Columbus mayor just made masking mandatory

.34% safer than Ashtabula County

Gentlemen I’m not try to piss anybody off. Jim and @Pauly you had me wondering if I should be concerned. I’m just reporting the numbers I see. Pauly you may be right. Maybe there is no changing my mind, but you made me question my thoughts, think about what was  being said, and do my own research. I’m just trying to do the same for you as well as others. Feel free to speak your mind. I don’t see me crying or going away. Remember I asked multiple times for this thread to end. I have typed multiple posts to this thread and just deleted them. I get your frustration/anger. For example I just deleted my opinion outside of less than 1% not being much of a concern to me. The night @Steve Butters was getting ripped I must have typed out 5 different responses and just deleted it. 

• Upvote 2

Everyone has to make their own decisions based on their vantage point, Rick. Just remember, not everyone gets to avoid the population or work from the safety of their Amish community. My point of reference is a little cluttered with self-entitled, spoiled assholes that feel the world shouldn't stop churning out their cheap, plastic goodies just because people are dying. It's cool, though. I don't mind not seeing my kid for a few months, missing his 21st birthday or being stuck in a hotel away from my home for weeks at a time, eating in my car because everything is locked down, driving 18 hours to a job site because somehow designer purses and makeup are essential to the American public. Hey, so long as you can all can wipe your asses with clean toilet paper, buy all the booze you need to cope with your boredom, or get your motorcycle tires on time... I know I can sleep at night.

I am mostly salty about the shitty looks and comments I get when I try to keep others safe by masking in public... but I am sure I won't catch anything. Totes appreciate the support, though. Speed safe and maybe I will catch you on a ride next summer. 

• Upvote 1

I've been wearing a mask for several weeks now once AZ began to be a hot spot. It is now mandatory most places (not in my town, tho by the way) but I am trying to do my part and be courteous. However, I still don't believe in mandatory mask orders. People should not be forced to wear anything. Should they? Sure. Mandated? It's fucking America and right or wrong that's why it's great to fucking be here. So, call me a covidiot and wish harm on my family or whatever gets your jollies off, but I'll never fucking agree and I'm not sorry either. I gave up talking about it here because some of yall like Tonik seem to be legitimately fucking terrified and I just don't feel that so I'm not gonna talk shit. Like my momma always said, when you have nothing nice to say, stfu 🤷🏻‍♂️.... So yall do whatever the fuck you want because this is America and its the only place on earth like it. I'll keep wearing my mask out of respect for others around me, but I will never judge anyone for choosing not to 🤷🏻‍♂️ and I will never support any mandatory mask orders. Idk why I'm even biting this hook again. Bunch crusty fucks about to jump in here and brag about not showering or buying groceries for 5 months... Queue Tonik 

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Upvote 2

Cause and effect seem to be a sticky wicket for most of you guys. You all realize the mask is the best way to avoid a hot spot, right? Percentages are a funny thing, too. It wasn't sent here via smoke bombs, so the whole "low percentage safe community" argument is seriously stupid. New York, Washington, San Fran... were all low percentage communities at one point. 

4 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Do you believe vaccines should be mandatory? 

Mandatory to not go to jail? No they shouldn't be. Mandatory to join public schools? Absolutely. "mandatory" to who? Don't try to make me out to be some anti vaccine weirdo because I'm not that guy. If you wanna leave your weird fucking kids unvacc then fine whatever. Home school them, keep them away from my fucking kids who will get their shots to hopefully protecr them from weird fucks like you, and then I also hope your kid dies of polio 🤷🏻‍♂️ sooooo.... Yea I'm not that guy.... "mandatory"?? We talking death penalty? What do you even mean? 

Woah... hold the phone, Steve. I didn't call you anything. I asked a question. 

It's simple. If America would mask up, the discussion of mandatory masks would not be on the table. If Americans slowed their role just a bit, they might understand that masking is the best way to avoid an economic shutdown and a complete onslaught on our healthcare system. It is in EVERYONE'S best interest to put on a mask. This is undeniable, scientific fact. I am sorry if their Bald Eagles are a little bunched, but a very large majority of the population is beyond tired of the mindless drones shitting all over the place. The extreme "my feelings matter" lefties and the uber annoying "jesus loves murica" righties need to sit the fuck down and let the smart people do the driving for a few decades.

Americans can do better, but here we are.. pandering to the spoiled brats. 

48 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Mandatory to not go to jail? No they shouldn't be. Mandatory to join public schools? Absolutely. "mandatory" to who? Don't try to make me out to be some anti vaccine weirdo because I'm not that guy. If you wanna leave your weird fucking kids unvacc then fine whatever. Home school them, keep them away from my fucking kids who will get their shots to hopefully protecr them from weird fucks like you, and then I also hope your kid dies of polio 🤷🏻‍♂️ sooooo.... Yea I'm not that guy.... "mandatory"?? We talking death penalty? What do you even mean? 

How is making vaccines mandatory for school (childhood general population) any different than making masks mandatory for the workplace, malls and such? Both pose a serious health concern. Both are in place to protect the life of the other person and society as a whole. I will be the first to stand up for your right to defend your life with a firearm... hell, by any means necessary. I see the greater good in the right to self-defense and carry rights. These people saying I am not American because I am standing up for the right to not be harmed by a controllable organism (other countries have all but squashed the spread) because they're too entitled to throw on a lung condom can suck my patriotic dick. Fuck them and their regressive vision for my country. Since when did being American include reckless disregard for your countrymen?

We can do better. We need to do better, or we are not going to make it.

"Life. Liberty. Pursuit of happiness." Note the one that the other two depend on. Now they're going to tell me what the fuck it means to be an American? Blow me. 

Edited by Pauly

Nothing wrong with work place, school, etc... Every company/entity should have the right to make their own policy (just like businesses who ban guns)... We just don't need to have a fucking law about it. If it's really that bad, people will fall in line. There's no mandatory mask order in my town, but other than the grocery store every business has their own order already. Circle K? Requires mask. Native Grill? Mask. You don't need "mandatory" city/state/federal orders telling people what to wear... If they choose not to wear a mask and every store bans them, then fuck they made a poor choice.... You act like I'm anti-mask but I'm not, I'm anti Uncle Sam telling me wtf I'm supposed to do.

Nobody says you're un-American for wearing a mask. Get over yourself. I generally get where you're coming from but come on now. Nobody is judging you for wearing a damn mask. Everyone fucking wears masks dude. 

20 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Nothing wrong with work place, school, etc... Every company/entity should have the right to make their own policy (just like businesses who ban guns)... We just don't need to have a fucking law about it. If it's really that bad, people will fall in line. There's no mandatory mask order in my town, but other than the grocery store every business has their own order already. Circle K? Requires mask. Native Grill? Mask. You don't need "mandatory" city/state/federal orders telling people what to wear... If they choose not to wear a mask and every store bans them, then fuck they made a poor choice.... You act like I'm anti-mask but I'm not, I'm anti Uncle Sam telling me wtf I'm supposed to do.

Nobody says you're un-American for wearing a mask. Get over yourself. I generally get where you're coming from but come on now. Nobody is judging you for wearing a damn mask. Everyone fucking wears masks dude. 

You been to a lot of places in a mask, have you? I was in Raleigh when that Subway was bombarded with assholes carrying AR-15s because they were protesting all of this fake, Covid bullshit. The fucking true believers are the shittiest ones in the group. I have yet to be in a physical confrontation(thankfully) , but I have been approached more than once. Not everyone carries their cell phones around their neck with the camera rolling... and there are plenty of vids online. Not all of thit is made up. 

However, for the sake of what actually matters, let's talk about the healthcare system. This is the infrastructure that WE ALL RELY ON TO KEEP US ALIVE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. What does their version of America do? FREEDUMB!! all the fuck over the place, when they could just wear the mask because it is in their own best interest, let alone yours and mine. 

Can we agree that we shouldn't need a law prohibiting fucking kids, but we have a law prohibiting fucking kids for a reason? Sometimes we need to protect ourselves from the absolute lunacy of ourselves. We. The. People. need to make sure our government works for us, even when we need them to. It's why it is there. Don't hold my hand, but use some of that money you get and do something about this whole "this century's plague" thingy.

I can't believe our educational system has failed this miserably. We are a nation of idiots. 

We can do better. 

Edited by Pauly

"everyone wears a fucking mask, dude"

If 10% of the greater Akron area is wearing a mask in public, I will eat my shorts. Hell, I will eat your shorts. The only ones consistently wearing masks are people working with food, and even that is not 100%. There is no way you and I have remotely close to the same vantage point. I see the breakdown in our meeting in the middle, now. 

Edited by Pauly

I'd say about 20% of people around where I live in Columbus wear masks.

Also the mandatory mask thing isn't being enforced unless a store calls the cops on you after asking you to leave and you don't. And even then it would be a trespassing call and not a call over someone not wearing a mask. They can't actually do anything to someone because they aren't wearing a mask.

I picked up a new type mask that has some type of filter flaps that are for motorcycle riding but they make a frapping / wining noise above 50 mph.

Mask.png

Edited by B-Mac
  • Haha 3