Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

The patients are running the asylum.  

They are indeed. This is a classic case of delayed gratification/denial on a grand scale. Even some people in my town who appear to be my age (64) or older are not adhering to the common sense protocols we all have been bombarded with daily. However, I refuse to engage offenders who are not masking-up. Fuck them.

10 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

They are indeed. This is a classic case of delayed gratification/denial on a grand scale.

I think it worse than that. These people are relying on their cognitive bias to make decisions instead of making evidence and data based decisions.

They vote the same way too.

IMO, the best solution to avoid getting COVID is to distance one's self from EVERYONE, wear a mask when it becomes necessary to go out, and not engage in any conversation with others. Get in, get it, and go home--then wash yer hands. Same as it always was when this bullshit started months ago. Those who "don't do the right thing" are setting us back big time, but there's not much we can do about that except stay home and hope that the insanity blows over.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Dayton is mandating masks, but unfortunately......

"Whaley said there will be exceptions, such as for children under 6 and people who are unable to wear masks because of medical conditions or developmental disabilities."

....the development disabilities exception will cover pretty much all the Covidiots.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/07/dayton-to-become-first-major-ohio-city-to-require-masks-in-public.html

Until, some one is sited for wearing one and looking intimidating. They should veto the law disallowing mask.

29 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I think it worse than that. These people are relying on their cognitive bias to make decisions instead of making evidence and data based decisions.

Jim, I totally agree with your assessment of the situation. Not going to go into a lengthy explanation of why. I just do--for OBVIOUS reasons. The younger among us may be incapable of understanding our shared position on this. 

7 minutes ago, snot said:

Until, some one is sited for wearing one and looking intimidating. They should veto the law disallowing mask.

It doesn't say "looking intimidating", it says while commiting a crime or while causing intimidation, so a mask while robbing a bank or a KKK hood while marching.

57 minutes ago, Tonik said:

They're fucking stupid. It's as simple as that. 

• Beer 1

Okay boys I’ve been reading all of your posts. I’m trying to keep an open mind and take in your thoughts.

Here’s my data:

ashtabula county - where I live

421 cases population 97,241 = .43% Sick

trumbull county- frequently shop

863 cases population 197,974 = .44% sick

Am I an idiot for not wearing a mask?

Covid numbers below

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/overview

then Google county population 

Edited by durk
Added data source

9 hours ago, durk said:

Am I an idiot for not wearing a mask?

You regularly ride your bike to southern Ohio in areas where the infection rate is spiking pretty rapidly, stopping for gas, some snacks and lunch. And even though you are careful you are surrounded by idiots not wearing masks. 

Then you come back to your safe little county, and don't wear a mask when you are around other people.

You are the poster child for why people should wear masks, as are most of us.

Edited by Tonik
  • Like 1
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, Tonik said:

You regularly ride your bike to southern Ohio in areas where the infection rate is spiking pretty rapidly, stopping for gas, some snacks and lunch. And even though you are careful you are surrounded by idiots not wearing masks. 

Then you come back to your safe little county, and don't wear a mask when you are around other people.

That was much more polite than what I originally typed. You can do all the talking from now on. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Pauly said:

That was much more polite than what I originally typed. You can do all the talking from now on. Thanks. 

I intentionally sat on responding for an hour or two so I could tone it down. If that is not effective I would encourage you to take the next response.

Edited by Tonik

15 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I intentionally sat on responding for an hour or two so I could tone it down. If that is not effective I would encourage you to take the next response.

No. I am done. All the evidence is available. Anyone not convinced already cannot be convinced. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Amen, brother.  

My COVID riding protocol has been:

• I bring snacks and drinks with me (stopping for meals has never been part of my ride agenda...ask anyone)
  • Only go inside a gas station as an exception and keep my helmet on
  • Leave gloves on during refueling
  • Nature is my men's room

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

My COVID riding protocol has been:

• I bring snacks and drinks with me (stopping for meals has never been part of my ride agenda...ask anyone)
  • Only go inside a gas station as an exception and keep my helmet on
  • Leave gloves on during refueling
  • Nature is my men's room

I peed outside in WV and almost got a ticket. Ask @Skinny guy

Multiple school districts in different counties in Southeast Ohio have shut down athletics for the next 2+ weeks. Players going out of town(not all necessarily out of state) and bringing it back with them. Even if the players themselves are not at risk for serious issues, their coaches & parents could be. Lots of kids with asthma, diabetes & other issues as well to think about.