Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

10 minutes ago, CJ74U2NV said:

And THIS THIS THIS is why I don't generally post in such places or leave comments.  I didn't feel the need to prove anyone wrong so I just kept quite.  Now someone says i can't see past my own nose.  My last comment in this thread.

Prove who wrong? It is a resource issue. That isn't media. That came straight from the White House. I watched the news briefing where they said so. 

3 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Prove who wrong? It is a resource issue. That isn't media. That came straight from the White House. I watched the news briefing where they said so. 

Pauly was this a recent briefing? I’ve talked to medical personnel and read where people are being sent home because their services aren’t needed. It was my understanding that most hospitals have acquired additional ventilators as well. What are we lacking?

7 minutes ago, durk said:

Pauly was this a recent briefing? I’ve talked to medical personnel and read where people are being sent home because their services aren’t needed. It was my understanding that most hospitals have acquired additional ventilators as well. What are we lacking?

It's the ICU space, beds and environment. Hard to scale and easily overwhelmed. Much of the other medical staff particularly ambulatory staff are not being utilized due to the lockdown. That is why you're seeing medical layoffs of non critical care staff. I worked in the hospital for 10 years and my wife still does.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I dont have a street bike currently and my mtb has been out of commission since last week waiting for Nashbar to ship me my new tubes and rear tire. Ran this week. I have a love hate relationship with running. I hate running and love when its over.

I dont have a road going bicycle, but all of my local friends do. I really dont want to kill this rear tire like I did the last with a lot of road riding. Trying to think of a solution. 

thinking

9 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Of all the places, that place I will probably avoid the most during the early times of opening. People touching all the same shit, not wiping stuff down, and people huffing and puffing all that shit out of their lungs while they are working out.

I miss the gym just as much as the next person, I've been struggling because I would go 5 days a week without fail. I will still avoid that place for a while before I go back.

I cant even begin to imagine how much strength I've lost. I've pretty much been on a cardio diet.

My gym is different. Crossfit is structured classes at specific times. We DO clean after every workout. I need weight training! I was going 6 days a week. 

I will go the first day it opens up.

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Well, we are going to have to be more careful with each other now. Handy's only.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/health/coronavirus-semen-china-health/index.html

Ok... So.... It must be said....

Could this be the antidote? I can imagine all the men would be willing to let women test it....

Back to the kitchen I go.

I got a letter from a customer at work who said our lease payoff refund check letter wasn't warm and fuzzy enough due to legal language. It was the snarkiest, self-centered letter ever... She suggested we add a puppy... She even signed the letter from her and her dog and put a picture of it on there.... Who fucking complains about a refund check? 

As someone who writes customer facing communications for a major corporation, we have to say that shit like that or else people bitch that we don't care 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Steve Butters

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Ohio's campgrounds to reopen on May 21st

I know I'm so excited! I was just talking about this with my riding buddy. We want to do an over night ride camping down in the Hocking hills area and hit a bunch of the southern roads.

Fire restrictions through June 30 here... Can't light a camp fire anywhere in this state even where it's 60 degrees... I was trying to go camping this weekend but NOPE.... On top of hot weather shutting down certain areas, all the national forests are closed in AZ, which considering its desert here may not sound like much, but the NFs are basically all of the camping... We have BLM land, national forest, local jurisdiction, and reservation and ALL are closed for either drought or coronavirus... CA, NV, NM, and UT all have similar restrictions.... I can go camping... In the dark with no fire.... I thought this was fucking 🇺🇸.... 

• 2 weeks later...

'Rona floating through the air

pissed-off people everywhere

stay the hell away from town

or the rioters will gun you down.

Wear the mask, stay indoors

don't get any take-out food

wash yer hands, avoid the stores

everyone, it seems, is rude.

Trump is hiding, tweeting always

while the world explodes

times are strange, yet we keep going