Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

41 minutes ago, Tonik said:

And they have an internet connection, and a laptop.

The world is very different in other districts, Elyria where I worked has an 80 percent Free and Reduced rate.

Those kids don't have internet at home. The district has enough Chromebooks to send home....but without internet that is pointless.

There are a huge number of districts with this issue. I still chat with all the district tech folks across Ohio. It is bad, very bad.

This is why I need you to talk to your buddy Mike and tell him this 2days in, 2days out crap doesn’t work. Tell him to open the schools up in the fall and while you’re talking to him tell him to open the fricken restaurants back up. Not in 2 weeks either. I’m mean now.

Please and thank you. 

Edited by durk

11 minutes ago, durk said:

I’m mean now.

You certainly sound mean. And sick and tired of the invisible plague we are all facing, as am I. I wish we could just open up the schools and everything else, but science tells us that this would be ill-advised, at least for now. Pray for a vaccine, and stay safe--and calm.

Edited by SpecialEd

9 minutes ago, durk said:

This is why I need you to talk to your buddy Mike and tell him this 2days in, 2days out crap doesn’t work. Tell him to open the schools up in the fall and while you’re talking to him tell him to open the fricken restaurants back up. Not in 2 weeks either. I’m mean now.

Please and thank you. 

Mike and I have already chatted. He and I are in complete agreement on these issues and we will not allow the likes of you to lead us right into another 1918.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Mike and I have already chatted. He and I are in complete agreement on these issues and we will not allow the likes of you to lead us right into another 1918.

Screw it then I’m showing up on Mike’s lawn tomorrow morning. Look for me on the news boys. Maybe you should show up too, so I can straighten both of you out at the same time. 

6 minutes ago, durk said:

Screw it then I’m showing up on Mike’s lawn tomorrow morning. Look for me on the news boys. Maybe you should show up too, so I can straighten both of you out at the same time. 

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/sure-the-velociraptors-are-still-on-the-loose-but-thats-no-reason-not-to-reopen-jurassic-park

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Wow. Just wow. 

Rick, would you risk the lives of your kids and wife just because you're pissed about restrictions necessitated by COVID? If so, I'm okay with that, but I'm staying home for now. You are an educator, but you are also entitled to your opinion. It sucks, but this is reality--at least for now.

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

Wow. Just wow. 

Rick, would you risk the lives of your kids and wife just because you're pissed about restrictions necessitated by COVID? If so, I'm okay with that, but I'm staying home for now. You are an educator, but you are also entitled to your opinion. It sucks, but this is reality--at least for now.

Ed I don’t feel I’m risking mine nor my family’s life at this point. You and whoever else would like to stay home can until eternity. I just want the option to do as I please, but I can’t currently based on our Governor and Acton. 

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

I haven’t seen any velociraptors in the sky. I’m not concerned. Open everything including Jurassic Park if you like. 

7 hours ago, durk said:

I haven’t seen any velociraptors in the sky.

That is because they don't fly.

3 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Forget Jurassic park,  open Wayne National Forest and Perry APV to riders.   If you can't socially distance on dirt bikes and quads, then you're not doing it right. 

How about open the campgrounds... This way us social distancing riders can do a weekend in SEO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

That is because they don't fly.

Haven’t spotted any on the ground either, so it’s all good. Open everything up. Let’s go. 

13 hours ago, what said:

@CJ74U2NV

A downvote with no explanation? Do tell.

I didn't realize that explanations were due for such things.  But if you need one, I'll oblige.  

I think the hiding game is a waste of our time and is killing the economy.  There is no vaccine and never will be one.  Or like the flu vaccine, it will be worthless.  You can sign up for the Bill Gates inoculation if you want, I'll pass.  He can't keep computer programs straight, I'm not trusting him in any way shape or form with my medical treatments.  

I tried to explain herd immunity before but everyone jumps on the "feelings" and "selfishness" bandwagon.  F that.  I'm not destroying my life over a virus that has a 1% mortality rate.  Every organization keeps changing their numbers weekly if not daily.  They keep changing what they know weekly if not daily if not hourly.  There is no plan, there is only from the hip regulations.  I am a free man.  I shall behave like a free man.  Those that are scared of the virus are also free to hide in their homes and keep their old and feeble loved ones with them so I can't infect them.  Call me mean, call me selfish, call me whatever...but I call myself free. 

I'll add an edit here:  People die of a lot of things every day.  No one cares because the media hasn't told them to care and that's what people are following.  Not common sense, the media.  I also don't like arguing on the internet.  It's a waste of time.  Some people just have it in their minds that you have to save humanity at the expense of humanity.  You can't debate with someone that has zero logic on that level.

No kings, no masters.

Edited by CJ74U2NV
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Forget Jurassic park,  open Wayne National Forest and Perry APV to riders.   If you can't socially distance on dirt bikes and quads, then you're not doing it right. 

Or you are doing it right....

Open the gyms! We stay a barbells length away from each other and we clean everything after every workout.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, snot said:

Or you are doing it right....

Open the gyms! We stay a barbells length away from each other and we clean everything after every workout.

Of all the places, that place I will probably avoid the most during the early times of opening. People touching all the same shit, not wiping stuff down, and people huffing and puffing all that shit out of their lungs while they are working out.

I miss the gym just as much as the next person, I've been struggling because I would go 5 days a week without fail. I will still avoid that place for a while before I go back.

I cant even begin to imagine how much strength I've lost. I've pretty much been on a cardio diet.

2 hours ago, CJ74U2NV said:

I didn't realize that explanations were due for such things.  But if you need one, I'll oblige.  

I think the hiding game is a waste of our time and is killing the economy.  There is no vaccine and never will be one.  Or like the flu vaccine, it will be worthless.  You can sign up for the Bill Gates inoculation if you want, I'll pass.  He can't keep computer programs straight, I'm not trusting him in any way shape or form with my medical treatments.  

I tried to explain herd immunity before but everyone jumps on the "feelings" and "selfishness" bandwagon.  F that.  I'm not destroying my life over a virus that has a 1% mortality rate.  Every organization keeps changing their numbers weekly if not daily.  They keep changing what they know weekly if not daily if not hourly.  There is no plan, there is only from the hip regulations.  I am a free man.  I shall behave like a free man.  Those that are scared of the virus are also free to hide in their homes and keep their old and feeble loved ones with them so I can't infect them.  Call me mean, call me selfish, call me whatever...but I call myself free. 

I'll add an edit here:  People die of a lot of things every day.  No one cares because the media hasn't told them to care and that's what people are following.  Not common sense, the media.  I also don't like arguing on the internet.  It's a waste of time.  Some people just have it in their minds that you have to save humanity at the expense of humanity.  You can't debate with someone that has zero logic on that level.

No kings, no masters.

I don't agree with most of what you said, but you're right that this is killing the economy and things need to get started. If you read what I said you will see I did not say we need to continue this lockdown. The state needs to open back up but people need to do so in a way that mitigates the risk for the most vulnerable. Herd immunity is likely the goal agreed upon by the powers that be behind closed doors, they just don't want to say that and cause panic. This lockdown was to keep the healthcare system from getting overloaded - goal achieved for now. Time to ease things back into open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Of all the places, that place I will probably avoid the most during the early times of opening. People touching all the same shit, not wiping stuff down, and people huffing and puffing all that shit out of their lungs while they are working out.

I miss the gym just as much as the next person, I've been struggling because I would go 5 days a week without fail. I will still avoid that place for a while before I go back.

I cant even begin to imagine how much strength I've lost. I've pretty much been on a cardio diet.

I've been sitting around for 7 weeks, I was in the gym 3 or 4 times a week for months prior to this. I lost a LOT of muscle. The good news is, after a day on the minis at the track my riding muscles are building back up. A few more days at the track and I'll be good, especially after NCM, that R1 is going to give me some real muscles 💪

Just now, what said:

I've been sitting around for 7 weeks, I was in the gym 3 or 4 times a week for months prior to this. I lost a LOT of muscle. The good news is, after a day on the minis at the track my riding muscles are building back up. A few more days at the track and I'll be good, especially after NCM, that R1 is going to give me some real muscles 💪

That r1 is going to wear you the fuck out the first couple days of riding it. Then you'll figure out where and how you can conserve energy. Hang on tight lol.

11 minutes ago, what said:

I don't agree with most of what you said, but you're right that this is killing the economy and things need to get started. If you read what I said you will see I did not say we need to continue this lockdown. The state needs to open back up but people need to do so in a way that mitigates the risk for the most vulnerable. Herd immunity is likely the goal agreed upon by the powers that be behind closed doors, they just don't want to say that and cause panic. This lockdown was to keep the healthcare system from getting overloaded - goal achieved for now. Time to ease things back into open.

Exactly. It is a lack of resources situation.  Some people can't see past their own nose. 

54 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Exactly. It is a lack of resources situation.  Some people can't see past their own nose. 

And THIS THIS THIS is why I don't generally post in such places or leave comments.  I didn't feel the need to prove anyone wrong so I just kept quite.  Now someone says i can't see past my own nose.  My last comment in this thread.

1 minute ago, CJ74U2NV said:

And THIS THIS THIS is why I don't generally post in such places or leave comments.  I didn't feel the need to prove anyone wrong so I just kept quite.  Now someone says i can't see past my own nose.  My last comment in this thread.

ok bye

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'm with you, I would go to our rec center five days a week to lift ...... I know it does not look like it 😃. I am very reluctant to go back for the reasons you stated. This is especially hard because the weather has been crappy, like today I won't ride the bicycle. I don't know when I will go back to the gym. On a positive note, I have ridden over 2K miles on the motorcycle in the last six weeks.  

Edited by ricer1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

I with you, I would go to our rec center five days a week to lift ...... I know it does not look like it 😃. I am very reluctant to go back for the reasons you stated. This is especially hard because the weather has been crappy, like today I won't ride the bicycle. I don't know when I will go back to the gym. On a positive note, I have ridden over 2K miles on the motorcycle in the last six weeks.  

I dont have a street bike currently and my mtb has been out of commission since last week waiting for Nashbar to ship me my new tubes and rear tire. Ran this week. I have a love hate relationship with running. I hate running and love when its over.

I dont have a road going bicycle, but all of my local friends do. I really dont want to kill this rear tire like I did the last with a lot of road riding. Trying to think of a solution. 

Edited by TimTheAzn