Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

1 minute ago, Bubba said:

David Geffen sends his thoughts and sincere best wishes as he self-isolates from his $400 million super yacht off-shore in the southern Caribbean.

Annotation 2020-03-29 100946.jpg

. . . but does he have toilet paper or guns aboard? Maybe not. I have toilet paper. I have guns. And I have a $600 kayak. So fuck you, David Geffen.

• Upvote 1

if i had a giant private yacht you better believe I would be anchored at some desert island down in the bahamas. with a stockpile of weapons and good defense team to ward off pirates of course.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, what said:

if i had a giant private yacht you better believe I would be anchored at some desert island down in the bahamas. with a stockpile of weapons and good defense team to ward off pirates of course.

If the pirates don't gitcha the corona will. You can run, but you can't hide.

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

If the pirates don't gitcha the corona will. You can run, but you can't hide.

if you're in the middle of the ocean for the foreseeable future with minimal crew, and no contact with the outside world, you're probably ok

10 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wuhan-covid-19-deaths-may-be-in-tens-of-thousands-data-on-cremations-show/ar-BB11T0Vb

Thoughts?

I've been seeing more and more media outlets speculating that China's COVID numbers are significantly higher than reported.

they do have a 11.08 million people there. https://www.google.com/search?q=wuhan+population&oq=wuhan+population&aqs=chrome..69i57.3351j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

7 minutes ago, snot said:

And that is how Hooters starts a delivery service...

I don't think people go to Hooters because of the food--so delivery might not fit with their business model.

Edited by SpecialEd

3 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wuhan-covid-19-deaths-may-be-in-tens-of-thousands-data-on-cremations-show/ar-BB11T0Vb

Thoughts?

I've been seeing more and more media outlets speculating that China's COVID numbers are significantly higher than reported.

China has also -

• Blamed this pandemic on both Italy and the USA, telling its citizens that the virus originated outside of China
  • Banned all foreigners from entering the country, even visa holders, blaming them for bringing the virus back and "restarting" infections
  • Banned all foreigners currently inside China from being out in public, for the most part, by issuing advisories to most businesses to deny foreigners access - including grocery, pharmacy and hospitals
  • Expelled all foreign media
  • Disabled 21 million cell phones over the last 3 weeks (probably not death related, more than likely information control measures due to an ongoing outbreak)
  • Forbade any medical sites from submitting any new confirmed corona cases, as if they do they will have to "bear the full responsibility" - whatever that means in communist-speak
  • Sent 70% faulty tests and compromised medical goods (masks, PPE, etc) to multiple countries while making them pay for these supplies
  • Actively bought up all PPE available in Australia while still telling the world that this virus was not transmissible human to human
  • Roped the W.H.O. in with (money? access? political favors?) and had them providing the entire world outside of China with dangerous, false information, ultimately delaying the response and leading largely to where we are today

Nobody should be looking at China's numbers at this point. They are throwing off models and contributing to poor/misinformed decisions being made.

Edited by what
21 million phones, not 23 million phones.
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, what said:

China has also -

• Blamed this pandemic on both Italy and the USA, telling its citizens that the virus originated outside of China
  • Banned all foreigners from entering the country, even visa holders, blaming them for bringing the virus back and "restarting" infections
  • Banned all foreigners currently inside China from being out in public, for the most part, by issuing advisories to most businesses to deny foreigners access - including grocery, pharmacy and hospitals
  • Expelled all foreign media
  • Disabled 23 million cell phones over the last 3 weeks (probably not death related, more than likely information control measures due to an ongoing outbreak)
  • Forbade any medical sites from submitting any new confirmed corona cases, as if they do they will have to "bear the full responsibility" - whatever that means in communist-speak
  • Sent 70% faulty tests and compromised medical goods (masks, PPE, etc) to multiple countries while making them pay for these supplies
  • Actively bought up all PPE available in Australia while still telling the world that this virus was not transmissible human to human
  • Roped the W.H.O. in with (money? access? political favors?) and had them providing the entire world outside of China with dangerous, false information, ultimately delaying the response and leading largely to where we are today

Nobody should be looking at China's numbers at this point. They are throwing off models and contributing to poor/misinformed decisions being made.

I know it would be ridiculous to ask you to cite sources for all of this information here, but if half of what you write here is factual, it is appalling. At minimum, I agree that there is a high probability that the Chinese are, indeed, skewing the truth in order to mollify their populace, and bolster their international reputation.

China has gone to much trouble to appear like a Capitalist country.  Make no mistake they are still Communists they just pretend to be Capitalist to benefit from international trade $$

They are still information-suppressing, people-living-in-fear, boot-on-the-throat Communists.

91361773_10157586349696523_3152188674490

• Haha 3

Lab created virus? 

I have not heard any new news on how it spreads, how long it last (average), if you can get it mulitple times or how to kill it. 

The way it spread so fast makes me think it can be transmitted easier than what we are told. I have not heard if products like Lysol (spray) or other disinfectants work.

16 minutes ago, snot said:

Lab created virus? 

I have not heard any new news on how it spreads, how long it last (average), if you can get it mulitple times or how to kill it. 

The way it spread so fast makes me think it can be transmitted easier than what we are told. I have not heard if products like Lysol (spray) or other disinfectants work.

Hand-sanitizers with an alcohol content of at least 62% are considered effective by the CDC. Lysol is also approved as an effective surface disinfectant--this is what we use around our house. Parenthetically, DeWine and his team closed Ohio schools until May 1 this year during today's statehouse press briefing. I'm confident that this school year will effectively be over very soon.

Edited by SpecialEd

https://people.com/health/washington-choir-members-die-after-rehearsal-amid-coronavirus-spread/

Here is a story about a terribly tragic occurrence that happened recently in our country. Stupid people who don't follow experts' rules pay the ultimate price. Totally unavoidable deaths and needless exponential exposure of the virus to others.

50 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

I know it would be ridiculous to ask you to cite sources for all of this information here, but if half of what you write here is factual, it is appalling. At minimum, I agree that there is a high probability that the Chinese are, indeed, skewing the truth in order to mollify their populace, and bolster their international reputation.

Some of it is hard fact, other parts are speculation based on social media/first hand reports coming out of china. Hard to get any verified info out because of the whole "expel foreign media" thing.

12 minutes ago, what said:

Some of it is hard fact, other parts are speculation based on social media/first hand reports coming out of china. Hard to get any verified info out because of the whole "expel foreign media" thing.

I totally get that. Verifying facts and dispelling speculation/misinformation is almost totally impossible in this panic-fueled environment. As you imply, negative reports of the spead/containment of this scourge have consequences for countries that "do business" with the USA.

Edited by SpecialEd

44 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

https://people.com/health/washington-choir-members-die-after-rehearsal-amid-coronavirus-spread/

Here is a story about a terribly tragic occurrence that happened recently in our country. Stupid people who don't follow experts' rules pay the ultimate price. Totally unavoidable deaths and needless exponential exposure of the virus to others.

So, it took 3 weeks not 14 days to show up?

This is the kind of information we are not getting.

On another note 18 people died this week from floods.