Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

35 minutes ago, snot said:

So, then why worry about ppe at all?

...to slow the spread?  you keep asking this question "why bother doing xxxx" and you keep getting the same answer and you keep asking.  why?  wait, am i basically doing the same thing at this point?  oh god, i don't know.  

gingerbread.png

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, jbot said:

...to slow the spread?  you keep asking this question "why bother doing xxxx" and you keep getting the same answer and you keep asking.  why?  wait, am i basically doing the same thing at this point?  oh god, i don't know.  

gingerbread.png

I think more than a few of us are growing wiggy staying home and worrying about all this shit. As a result, some of us just seek community to share their grief with others. I thank God I have a job to focus on while at home, and try not to buy into the hype presented by the media and the associated fake news/craziness/speculation. 

Edited by SpecialEd

5 hours ago, 2talltim said:

So this just happened at my work. Coworkers wife called him to tell him she has been exposed and is being sent home for 14 days. My coworker tells our management. Our management sent him home and told the middle management to disinfect his work station. My coworker ask if he was to stay home for 14 days. The answer. No come back to work tomorrow. WTF? We are either going to do this or we are not. Make up your\their fucking minds. 

The company is probably waiting until he, too, has symptoms before sending him home. He needs to be home NOW to take care of her for however long it takes! If they have kids, even more important that he be given leave. This is beyond ridiculous, and probably a widespread phenomenon.

My wife is a teacher at a public high school and they told her she is to come in Monday and Tuesday. Makes little to no sense to me. 

Edited by durk

10 minutes ago, durk said:

My wife is a teacher at a public high school and they told her she is to come in Monday and Tuesday. I guess she is supposed to help with breakfast and lunch until 12:30 then head to her room and work on stuff for her students. Makes little to no sense to me. 

Why can't she receive instructions from the admin/her department chair about this project and complete it at home after breakfast/lunch duties? And is this an extra duty not normally assigned to her? If so, the union surely will back her for extra pay, at least. At my school, period subbing and extra duty is paid at the rate of fifty-five cents per minute. This "demand" is thoughtless and ill-considered to say the least, even with the extra pay, IMHO.

Edited by SpecialEd

34 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

Rick, do you teach at a public school or somewhere else?

I teach at a public school. Btw got an update from the wife’s principal and the teachers will not be dealing with food, but still reporting to do work. 

2 minutes ago, durk said:

I teach at a public school. Btw got an update from the wife’s principal and the teachers will not be dealing with food, but still reporting to do work. 

That makes sense. They will likely crave companionship anyway, so this will be an opportunity to reconnect and diffuse stress. Kool.

27 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

That makes sense. They will likely crave companionship anyway, so this will be an opportunity to reconnect and diffuse stress. Kool.

We all have different ways of diffusing stress I guess. I can guarantee my ways have nothing to do with teaching or my job. Mine typically deal with powersports or exercising. 

11 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

The company is probably waiting until he, too, has symptoms before sending him home. He needs to be home NOW to take care of her for however long it takes! If they have kids, even more important that he be given leave. This is beyond ridiculous, and probably a widespread phenomenon.

So another change of mind happened after I left last night. They did call him back and tell him to stay home till him and his wife were cleared. 

• Upvote 2

I am still amused that the Surgeon General had to get on national television to explain proper hygene to a First World Nation. The current condition of our public and private service facilities is exactly the way they should remain at all times. We should be ashamed to be this disgusting. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Fail.  No social distancing.

Annotation 2020-03-28 123316.jpg

Yup. Just like Trump's press briefings. And Fauci is standing right next to everyone, too. Sets a great example for the millions watching.

Just thanking out Loud.  For all the People that don’t have jobs what if we started a Grocery delivery Co-op Section into areas & if everyone fills out the 2020 Census we can go off that for food Limits for each Household & pick up Groceries curbside & Deliver .

• Upvote 2