Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

Indiana's two week lockdown started today. Judging by all the traffic in front of my house though, you wouldn't know it.

Only "essential" businesses are supposed to be open, but I got an email from the local Honda/Kawasaki store listing their altered hours. Yeah, a motorsports store is essential. 😂

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, blue72beetle said:

Indiana's two week lockdown started today. Judging by all the traffic in front of my house though, you wouldn't know it.

Only "essential" businesses are supposed to be open, but I got an email from the local Honda/Kawasaki store listing their altered hours. Yeah, a motorsports store is essential. 😂

It is transportation and maintenance.

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

Just ordered a small pizza to be delivered to my doorstep "contact-free" by Master Pizza at 10:00 this morning. Twenty fucking dollars. I feel like a fool.

But you are supporting the buisnesses and keeping people working...

I heard in NY they are telling infected healthcare workers to keep coming to work but wear more ppe.

1 minute ago, snot said:

I heard in NY they are telling infected healthcare workers to keep coming to work but wear more ppe.

That's insane, but I believe it. Some medical schools are allegedly allowing students to leave the program before graduation so they can help out at hospitals. 

23 minutes ago, snot said:

But you are supporting the buisnesses and keeping people working...

Have you been watching DeWine's daily press briefings?

37 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I found TP this morning! 

Only had 3 rolls left. Was getting a little worried.

Get out to the suburbs for your stuff if you need to. The GE on 77 and 82 for example is in pretty good shape stock wise. I also have found early afternoon is a good time to go, they have had time to restock and not a lot of people there. Also you, or anyone that is nearby....we could always work together to get stuff if needed. I can buy it, leave it beside my house and you can come get it. I will collect on the handy when this is all over.

Edited by Tonik
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

Have you been watching DeWine's daily press briefings?

Turned it off before got any real news yesterday. I didn't need arts and crafts and tictok dance videos before I get my needed news updates. Save that shit for after the important information Dewine. :nono: 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Turned it off before got any real news yesterday. I din't need arts and crafts and tictok dance videos before I get my needed news updates. Save that shit for after the important information Dewine. :nono: 

On today's episode, we'll be singing Kumbaya, and learning how to keep our color crayons within the black lines!  Join us at 2:00pm! 😆

Edited by Qman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Turned it off before got any real news yesterday. I didn't need arts and crafts and tictok dance videos before I get my needed news updates. Save that shit for after the important information Dewine. :nono: 

57 minutes ago, Qman said:

On today's episode, we'll be singing Kumbaya, and learning how to keep our color crayons within the black lines!  Join us at 2:00pm! 😆

Wait--didn't you guys even like Fran DeWine's recipes and home-made masks? What the hell is wrong with you guys? C'mon, have a bite of Fran's Carona Casserole! It's to die for.

Edited by SpecialEd
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

Wait--didn't you guys even like Fran DeWine's recipes and home-made masks? What the hell is wrong with you guys? C'mon, have a bite of Fran's Carona Casserole! It's to die for.

No time for such nonsense. Because I'm......

8011.jpeg.0debff6949b5a2addec12be84ec1106d.jpeg

5 hours ago, snot said:

"If everybody's got it anyway, who cares." is probably the mindset.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

That's insane, but I believe it. Some medical schools are allegedly allowing students to leave the program before graduation so they can help out at hospitals. 

It was on WHIO this morning that this was happening in NY.

As for me, today I moved my office outside away from the TV.

2 minutes ago, what said:

"If everybody's got it anyway, who cares." is probably the mindset.

But if they are sick they can pass it to healthy workers. And.... They might need to rest and deal with symptoms too.

So this just happened at my work. Coworkers wife called him to tell him she has been exposed and is being sent home for 14 days. My coworker tells our management. Our management sent him home and told the middle management to disinfect his work station. My coworker ask if he was to stay home for 14 days. The answer. No come back to work tomorrow. WTF? We are either going to do this or we are not. Make up your\their fucking minds.