Mini prepping. (Covid-19 thread)

Tonik

Not allowed out if it is not essential... Or an emergency for Doctors... "Professional help".

I am on spring break I don't need grammar or punctuation for another week.... 👨‍🏫

Edited by snot

2 minutes ago, snot said:

Not allowed out if it is not essential... Or an emergency for Doctors.

Ah; a head case. Yeah, I get it. Just like allowing low-risk prisoners to be released b/c or the virus. No?

The numbers don't add up with what we are being told.
No symptoms no reason to get test, not contagious. So why isolation? If I don't have it and I can't give it and I don't lick the door knobs why do I need to stay home? 
Either it spreads easy, like airborne (but not too easy with less than 1% of population), or if you are well you are contagious and we all have it already and are waiting.

How are we out of supplies if only 33k in the US have confirmed cases?

Are the hospitals busy with more cases of other illness?  Or is this all for stand by?

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

Bubba, what most concerns me, and likely the rest of OR members, is the fact that you are hearing voices which, apparently, guide your thoughts and--God forbid--your actions. Please seek professional help and get back to us once a treatment protocol has been established. Until this milestone has been reached, please refrain from posting here.

Are you advocating imposing restrictions on my right to free speech?

I thought only the government could do that....or the OR admins.

I haven't even posted pics of a basement full of ammunition or toilet paper.

And this treatment protocol you speak of--does it involve good drugs?  i might be in.

Blame @Tonik.  He started this thread.  The majority of the OR community have far lower standards than you, at least with respect to grammar and punctuation.

Edited by Bubba

30 minutes ago, snot said:

The numbers don't add up with what we are being told.
No symptoms no reason to get test, not contagious. So why isolation? If I don't have it and I can't give it and I don't lick the door knobs why do I need to stay home? 
Either it spreads easy, like airborne (but not too easy with less than 1% of population), or if you are well you are contagious and we all have it already and are waiting.

How are we out of supplies if only 33k in the US have confirmed cases?

Are the hospitals busy with more cases of other illness?  Or is this all for stand by?

Not all carriers show symptoms. This has been "not news" for some time. 

Government makes shit up. This has been "not news" for some time. 

We are attemtping to curb the unforeseen need of medical staff and supplies by not going outside to catch a virus we know little about. Have I incorrectly read an article stating China is seeing another increase in positive cases from those returning to China?

So comparing transmission to the flu is not accurate.

Wonder what the lasting effects will be on the people who have\had it?

This sucks I miss my gym. I don't have the equipment or room to do all my workouts. I miss my family too... 

My dad is scared and since I just got back from traveling I can't see him for another week.

Edited by snot

Asymptomatic transmission is a thing for covid19, at least that's what they've been saying for the past month or so. They seem to think you can be contagious for days before you show any sort of symptoms. Some people never show symptoms and are just carriers. Other people this thing straight up kills dead. The flu is likely to be transmitted by infected to 1.5 other people, while they estimate covid will spread to 3 other people from a single source. So at least twice as infectious and likely 20-30x more deadly than the seasonal flu, on average.

As far as cases go, the case numbers are likely very skewed as this is out in the wild but only a small amount of people are able to get tested. Once more testing starts being rolled out, expect to see the number of confirmed infected skyrocket. Most people will get over it on their own, but some wont. That "some" is the reason all of these lockdowns are being implemented. 2% of the population of Ohio is a heck of a lot of corpses.

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

If I get Corona/China/Foreign/Non-PC virus I'm going to be just fine.  But I'd feel fucking terrible if I spread it to your kid/parent/grandparents and they weren't fine.

About 33,000 confirmed cases in the US...that still 1-hundredth-of-a-percentage-point of the US population.  Those numbers will double or triple in the next 2-3 weeks.  That's as much a function of more tests being conducted as it is actual spread of the virus. 

I've talked to more than a few people in health care.  Once they see the groups of people that have it and the limited supplies the reality of the situation really seems to sink in.  

More masks, test, ventilators are being produced...Remdisivir, Chloroquine, or some new drug will make a difference...There will be some relief, eventually.  In the mean time we can't overwhelm the Health Care Industry's ability to scale.  No one in health care wants to be forced to make decisions on which critical patients can be treated and which have to be turned away due to lack of ventilators.

• Upvote 2

Pretty much business owners are still given latitude on if they deem their business essential.

I'm sitting at work because one of our divisions makes screw drivers.... apparently they help build medical stuff... or so the president says.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Pretty much business owners are still given latitude on if they deem their business essential.

I'm sitting at work because one of our divisions makes screw drivers.... apparently they help build medical stuff... or so the president says.

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

giphy.gif

Idk, they still believe I need to be physically in the office when I can do my entire job remotely. So I'm a little skeptical. Only reason I might need to be in the office if there was a power outage.... and even then I'd have time to come in while everything was down.

Edited by TimTheAzn

14 hours ago, Pauly said:

Not all carriers show symptoms. This has been "not news" for some time. 

Government makes shit up. This has been "not news" for some time. 

We are attemtping to curb the unforeseen need of medical staff and supplies by not going outside to catch a virus we know little about. Have I incorrectly read an article stating China is seeing another increase in positive cases from those returning to China?

"Government makes shit up"...which is why i refuse to listen to NPR.

More importantly, How legit is it to ride a motorbike on public roads now?  If i keep my panniers on, and look like i'm headed to the store, is that good?  OTOH, I'm really afraid of being in an accident and being taken to a hospital, which is the last place I want to be right now.  (God Bless the folks that work in them).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Qman said:

OTOH, I'm really afraid of being in an accident and being taken to a hospital, which is the last place I want to be right now.  (God Bless the folks that work in them).

If this is really a concern then don't ride.

• Beer 2

It’s official. Due to the danger of the corona pandemic and orders imposed by our governor. My facility is moving to a 24/7 work week. Management has found a loophole. Apparently painting sheet metal is essential to life. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Qman said:

"Government makes shit up"...which is why i refuse to listen to NPR.

More importantly, How legit is it to ride a motorbike on public roads now?  If i keep my panniers on, and look like i'm headed to the store, is that good?  OTOH, I'm really afraid of being in an accident and being taken to a hospital, which is the last place I want to be right now.  (God Bless the folks that work in them).

Just ride your bike and play dumb. The document listed transportation to "outdoor activity". I will be riding my motorcycle. 

• Beer 2

Just now, Pauly said:

Just ride your bike and play dumb. The document listed transportation to "outdoor activity". I will be riding my motorcycle. 

Thanks...but I really don't have to play!  I am!

• Upvote 1