Mid-Ohio September 18-20th weekend

Scorpion-Ninja

cool, yea aside from the normal STT days at Gingerman & Grattan near me, Mid-Ohio. I'm also looking at doing a N2 trackday at PittRace at least once. Fun track from videos ive seen!  From my house Grattan is 172 miles, Gingerman 202, Mid-Ohio 210, PittRace 282. Nelson Ridges is like 234 but that track layout looks boring and from the videos ive seen. 

15 hours ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

I'm also looking at doing a N2 trackday at PittRace at least once. Fun track from videos ive seen! 

It's fantastic. Fun is an understatement, from the track to the surrounding facilities its a premier track on the east coast.

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Few more weeks to go. Hopefully weather is nice!

If so I'm planning on doing 9-19/20th! 

Hows Mid-Ohio been this season?

Track any worse in spots?

Have they laid down fresh pavement in any areas? Just curious . . .

It's mid-ohio... so, treacherous in the wet and polished smooth on the racing line LOL

Some areas like the bottom of the hill in turn 8? are really beat up, and the keyhole has a couple really shitty patches that I try to avoid.

HEADS UP!!! They've been cancelling TONS of days, so expect the first day of a chunk will still be good, but the 2nd or 2nd and 3rd days will likely be cancelled due to low enrollment. So if it's Fri/Sat/Sun, expect only Friday will happen. If it's a Mon/Tues, they'll cancel Tuesday. They are sending out emails a day ahead now, but still... Someone at the last day said they cancel if they don't get 40+ bikes pre-registered but I don't know how accurate that is.

aye, guess with the RONAPOCALYPSE , I might just wait to go to ACC  Autobahn) the weekend after mid ohio.  I'd hate to prepay, only to have it cancelled like you said, then have "Credit" on my midohio account that might not even get used up the next year! lol  Hopefully next season shit is normal, but I doubt it with how shits going down in Merkua' ! 

Yes- still having track days. People wear masks,  you have to fill out a brief medical questionnaire and turn it in at the gate, and have your temp taken. 

Not sure what happens when they cancel, I think they email you a certificate good for 2 years for whatever you paid for.

If you email info@midohio.com or whatever is on the website I'd expect a response within a couple hours.

I reached out to a photographer interested in coming Saturday. Anyone have any better options or suggestions? Below is what he sent me:

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Sat Sep 19th between 2:30 and 8pm

All high resolution images of you 

If you book just for yourself
Three hours its $525 ($175hr)two photographers includes travel
Two hours $450 two photographers includes travel
1 hour $350 two photographers includes travel

If you can get three of you (you and two friends) to pay for pictures
for three hours we can do
$250 three hours included- per person Total $750

22 hours ago, Lucy1000 said:

I reached out to a photographer interested in coming Saturday. Anyone have any better options or suggestions? Below is what he sent me:

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Sat Sep 19th between 2:30 and 8pm

All high resolution images of you 

If you book just for yourself
Three hours its $525 ($175hr)two photographers includes travel
Two hours $450 two photographers includes travel
1 hour $350 two photographers includes travel

If you can get three of you (you and two friends) to pay for pictures
for three hours we can do
$250 three hours included- per person Total $750

Do they usually allow people to bring personal photographers?

I tried to call Mid-Ohio on several occasions last week but didn't receive a response. Also sent email with no luck either. Did anyone else get through and happen to find out what the current enrollment numbers are for 9/18 - 9/20? It would be nice to get an update from them on whether upcoming track days are 25%, 50%, 75% full, etc. so people can plan their trip accordingly..

49 minutes ago, Mike22 said:

I tried to call Mid-Ohio on several occasions last week but didn't receive a response. Also sent email with no luck either. Did anyone else get through and happen to find out what the current enrollment numbers are for 9/18 - 9/20? It would be nice to get an update from them on whether upcoming track days are 25%, 50%, 75% full, etc. so people can plan their trip accordingly..

This email was sent earlier this evening

Just a reminder that there is NO PTR on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 (tomorrow)!  We canceled it last week after learning that IndyCar would be here this weekend and we has safety concerns due to the excessive amount of rubber that would be left on the track.  

Tonight (yes, I know it is Sunday) is the first chance I've had to look at my email since Wednesday.  Many of you have sent emails requesting to be added to rosters using gift certificates.  I hope to get through the requests in the next day or two.  

Sometime Wednesday will be decision day for Friday's PTR and we'll need to decide before the end of day Thursday whether to run the rest of the weekend.  If you are planning to ride on any of the days remaining this year, please register!  I will no longer try to guess which day or days are 'safer' as I feel it discourages riders from signing up for the other days.

The remaining dates are:
Fri Sept 18 (2:30-8)
Sat Sept 19 (2:30-8)
Sun Sept 20 (2:30-8)
Mon October 5 (12-6)
Tues Oct 6 - Appreciation Day (more info to follow)
Mon Oct 12 (12-6)

Full day gift certificates can be used for any of these dates (no refund/credit for any price difference).  Twilight gift certificates can be used plus $10 for the upgrade.

Thank you.

Gwen Duffy
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
The Mid-Ohio School
419-884-4000 ext 3004

18 hours ago, Lucy1000 said:

No idea.. I think @TimTheAzn mentioned something a while back. Maybe he knows...

I'll be honest - I'm the last one to ask for updates/info for Mid-Ohio. I stopped riding there in 2016 and won't be back until they repave the damn place.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:28 PM, EazyE said:

Do they usually allow people to bring personal photographers?

Yes, I had a buddy stop out last year to see if he wanted to try track riding. He had a high end camera and they let him wander all over the place and use the photographer cutouts. They even gave him suggestions on where to take some good pics. 

4 hours ago, TMC Customs said:

Yes, I had a buddy stop out last year to see if he wanted to try track riding. He had a high end camera and they let him wander all over the place and use the photographer cutouts. They even gave him suggestions on where to take some good pics. 

Ok thanks. I'm signed up for friday (if they don't cancel) and haven't been in a few years. I went in novice last time and my bike was safety wired but my new bike isn't. Do I need to apply silicone for novice if I have no wiring? 

2 hours ago, EazyE said:

Ok thanks. I'm signed up for friday (if they don't cancel) and haven't been in a few years. I went in novice last time and my bike was safety wired but my new bike isn't. Do I need to apply silicone for novice if I have no wiring? 

All the bike requirements are in their website.  I think you just have to remove your license plate and cover your glass. Also, no oil filters with a nut on the top. 

13 hours ago, EazyE said:

Yea it only says wiring is required in intermediate and advanced and that silicone is only allowed in novice. Doesn't say whether it's actually required in novice or not. I may just run to the store and grab some anyway.

Please RTV your oil drain, filter and fill cap.  I believe it's required, but regardless, it's cheap insurance knowing you hopefully won't dump oil all over the track and ruin not only your day, but everyone elses as well.