MORGA

Tonik

I wasn't running into groups that large, mostly under 10 at a time. I mostly had issues with the ones by themselves. They are riding as fast as the bike can go, taking up the whole road and can't imagine someone wanting by. Slow cruiser guys are predictable and it's easy to pass them when they don't notice anyone behind them. The Grom nuts are all over the road and can't believe someone is behind them since they are going as fast as that bike can go.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

14853144_878262985609205_2003220796450665435_o.jpg.457edc923df11ed90f2ffabfd73e4b88.jpg

From your personal collection?

Also, we confirmed last year that a stock grom on the dragon sucks bad. Gotta have a built motor and be geared really short. Dumping stock foot pegs for actual rearsets for increased lean angle is recommended.

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, what said:

From your personal collection?

Also, we confirmed last year that a stock grom on the dragon sucks bad. Gotta have a built motor and be geared really short. Dumping stock foot pegs for actual rearsets for increased lean angle is recommended.

..or, you could ride a motorcycle?

1 minute ago, what said:

It would be tough for anything other than a supermoto to be more fun in tight twisties

Sure, but there is a trade off. The gap is pretty much all you get. It cannot outweigh the times you had the s3 over and back on the Cherohala. I call shenanigans. 

6 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Sure, but there is a trade off. The gap is pretty much all you get. It cannot outweigh the times you had the s3 over and back on the Cherohala. I call shenanigans. 

Riding a grom to the top of the Cherohala would be... painful.

• Upvote 2

Dragon: fun on any bike imo. Yes, a purpose built grom does great, but I’ve had absolute blasts on heavy loaded touring bikes. Traffic is the reason I avoid the run most times.

Cherohala: You get time really stretch the legs of a bike. Granted it’s triple digit speeds but damn it’s a lot of fun. 

51 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Dragon: fun on any bike imo. Yes, a purpose built grom does great, but I’ve had absolute blasts on heavy loaded touring bikes. Traffic is the reason I avoid the run most times.

Cherohala: You get time really stretch the legs of a bike. Granted it’s triple digit speeds but damn it’s a lot of fun. 

The fun part about touring bikes is the looks or comments  you get from people that are shocked that that our bike are so capable of what we make them do. One pass I made last year with the wife on the back I follow a kat through going decent pace. Pull in to the store to complement him on the riding abilities and the flawless run we had. He was shocked that I was on a couch with a passenger and (these were his words) "you were able to keep up with me at that blistering pace" . I didn't think it was "blistering" but it was spirited. Then again my rear tire apparently thought it was blistering. :lol:  

Edited by 2talltim

Yes anywhere other than the dragon on the grom wouldn't be great, although I'm fairly certain it can get up to 70mph or so if I swap back to slightly taller gearing. I'll likely be bringing the R1 down this year for any longer day rides, although admittedly I'm less enthusiastic about pushing on the street these days. I certainly wouldn't push on the R1.

7 hours ago, Muckles said:

Now this is there truth. Pictures from last year on the Cherohala.

20190815_143000.jpg

NICE Hemorrhoid Cushion Marc. A wheelbarrow inner-tube also is nice but not as classy.🤣

Edited by B-Mac

1 hour ago, Muckles said:

I forgot about that seat pad, that was my temporary solution. I bought a Sargent seat and it was having warranty work done at the time of my trip. I do not miss the stock seat one iota 

I hear ya. I have a Sargent seat but still do my Bead Rider for long days or trips.

100_0237.JPG

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Muckles said:

I forgot about that seat pad, that was my temporary solution. I bought a Sargent seat and it was having warranty work done at the time of my trip. I do not miss the stock seat one iota 

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:

I hear ya. I have a Sargent seat but still do my Bead Rider for long days or trips.

100_0237.JPG

Either of you use padded bicycle shorts? It makes a huge difference for me. I ride the cbr with the stock 2x4 seat. I can go 500 plus miles with bicycle shorts. Without them 100 miles feels like 1000 miles. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, durk said:

Either of you use padded bicycle shorts? It makes a huge difference for me. I ride the cbr with the stock 2x4 seat. I can go 500 plus miles with bicycle shorts. Without them 100 miles feels like 1000 miles. 

I hadn't given it any thought. That is actually a good idea. I'll have to take a look into them. The Sargent seat is pretty darn good, but anything that makes it easier to do more miles the better.

14 minutes ago, Muckles said:

I hadn't given it any thought. That is actually a good idea. I'll have to take a look into them. The Sargent seat is pretty darn good, but anything that makes it easier to do more miles the better.

When you look into the shorts realize they are not all created equal. When I went to buy mine I looked for the biggest widest pads I could find in the butt area. 

Years ago I tried them when they first came out but I felt two restrictive.

Now that I haven't aged well and need frequent urination stops I free-ball/commando on my bicycle so I just stop place my member leg down and know one can tell the difference. unless of course I am in city traffic and you are in behind me.

Moto Spandex.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, durk said:

then what will I wear the next day when I ride my bicycle?