MORGA

Tonik

I should be able to do a ride during a weekend as long as it doesn't take forever. Got heated gear and shit.   Gixxus, you should get a diavel, it's the only cruiser like bike that is super comfy, light and fast as fuuuuuuck. Also cause I don't want to be the only moron who got suckered into buying a diavel

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jbot said:

I should be able to do a ride during a weekend as long as it doesn't take forever. Got heated gear and shit.   Gixxus, you should get a diavel, it's the only cruiser like bike that is super comfy, light and fast as fuuuuuuck. Also cause I don't want to be the only moron who got suckered into buying a diavel

What kind of pace can that be ridden in tighter curves?

21 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I dunno, just done shirt rides. Seems like it handles ok. Probably good for being a cruiser 

23 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Not as fast as a grom.

Source: the diavel that crashed in front of me at the gap last year trying to go faster because a grom was outpacing him

On 5/5/2020 at 8:59 PM, Tpoppa said:

It can't handle any worse than a Vrod can it? I wasn't exactly a great rider back in the day but I could mostly keep up a medium fast pace and I had to really work to attempt to keep up with Jinu on a VROD down in the Smokies.

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

It can't handle any worse than a Vrod can it? I wasn't exactly a great rider back in the day but I could mostly keep up a medium fast pace and I had to really work to attempt to keep up with Jinu on a VROD down in the Smokies.

Ew Jinu had a vrod?

3 hours ago, Bad324 said:

that vrod was actually not horrible except that the forward controls would drag if you tipped it over more than 5 degrees.   a really neat bike otherwise.  the diavel handles much better.  i'm 80% sure i could drag knee on it if i wanted to and wasn't such a pussy.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Ew Jinu had a vrod?

haha no, that was actually Matt (I forget his username here), he rode my shitty FZ1 while i rode his vrod and he quickly found out he had wasted his whole motorcycle life riding cruisers.  and then of course, 10 years later, i bought a cruiser.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jbot said:

that vrod was actually not horrible except that the forward controls would drag if you tipped it over more than 5 degrees.   a really neat bike otherwise. 

I briefly owned the Street Rod version of the V Rod.  It had a shorter wheelbase, mid controls, a higher seat, and Showa suspension.

The riding position felt pretty similar to a Street Triple...riding it felt like strapping 200 lbs of unnecessary steel to a ST.  The steering was sloooow, the brakes were garbage, and the power delivery was very peaky.  It did have good ground clearance & was reasonably planted in corners, but you had to pick your line early.

It was definitely designed by someone that had little experience with sporty motorcycles.

KrIaN7QfHEkyxy-rnjlKBvGqQvLCFPFEun1DxK-5

14 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I briefly owned the Street Rod version of the V Rod.  It had a shorter wheelbase, mid controls, a higher seat, and Showa suspension.

The riding position felt pretty similar to a Street Triple...riding it felt like strapping 200 lbs of unnecessary steel to a ST.  The steering was sloooow, the brakes were garbage, and the power delivery was very peaky.  It did have good ground clearance & was reasonably planted in corners, but you had to pick your line early.

It was definitely designed by someone that had little experience with sporty motorcycles.

KrIaN7QfHEkyxy-rnjlKBvGqQvLCFPFEun1DxK-5

From what I have read, and from what my brother (a late-model Harley owner) has told me, the days of these retired-CEO type bikes are pretty much over. A baby boomer, I have never had the least desire to own one of these bloated, obese bikes. IMHO, they mimic their mostly elderly owners--slow, in need of frequent visits to the "doctor," and constantly shaking. Fuck that. He recently spent almost $1,500 having an oxygen sensor replaced at a dealership. Whaaaaat?

The company's best and seemingly only hope of survival is to either evolve via ebikes or smaller petrol-based platforms, or die outright. 

Edited by SpecialEd

17 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

From what I have read, and from what my brother (a late-model Harley owner) has told me, the days of these retired-CEO type bikes are pretty much over. A baby boomer, I have never had the least desire to own one of these bloated, obese bikes. IMHO, they mimic their mostly elderly owners--slow, in need of frequent visits to the "doctor," and constantly shaking. Fuck that. He recently spent almost $1,500 having an oxygen sensor replaced at a dealership. Whaaaaat?

The company's best and seemingly only hope of survival is to either evolve via ebikes or smaller petrol-based platforms, or die outright. 

Easy, one of those bloated, obese, Harley riders might show you a wheel mid conrner some day ....

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2020 at 7:46 PM, JT72 said:

Easy, one of those bloated, obese, Harley riders might show you a wheel mid conrner some day ....

This is one of the cool ridiculous things that could MORGA. Even get things moved to Ranting and Raving where the real fun begins.

You might have been okay with the wheel showing statement without the mid corner added because a well set up Harley can move in a 1/4 mile but there ain't never been a Harley made to show anything a wheel mid corner. Nice try at being silly though.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

On second thought I might be wrong about that. People do consider those little 125 things as motorcycles. (Groms, Monkeys, Z125) While they might be fun they are annoying to be around, blocking any fun road that they are on.

Only place I can think of off the top of my head where it wouldnt be bad (as long as the grom or z125 had a competent rider) would be a place like the dragon.

I probably would prefer to be on a grom on the dragon vs a full size bike.

In ten years MotGP will be contested on 300cc motorcycle with every electronic aide imaginable to include Gryo Stability and the masses will cheer and shout "It doesn't get any better than this."

On 5/7/2020 at 5:31 PM, jbot said:

haha no, that was actually Matt (I forget his username here), he rode my shitty FZ1 while i rode his vrod and he quickly found out he had wasted his whole motorcycle life riding cruisers.  and then of course, 10 years later, i bought a cruiser.

@Likwid

On 5/14/2020 at 3:26 PM, Uncle Punk said:

This is one of the cool ridiculous things that could MORGA. Even get things moved to Ranting and Raving where the real fun begins.

You might have been okay with the wheel showing statement without the mid corner added because a well set up Harley can move in a 1/4 mile but there ain't never been a Harley made to show anything a wheel mid corner. Nice try at being silly though.

Silly was my intent.... I can throw my 800lb bike around pretty good when needed,  but I'm not showing anybody a wheel. Besides, I'm just chubby, not obese.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2020 at 3:58 PM, TimTheAzn said:

Only place I can think of off the top of my head where it wouldnt be bad (as long as the grom or z125 had a competent rider) would be a place like the dragon.

I probably would prefer to be on a grom on the dragon vs a full size bike.

I had heard many tales about how the groms were taking over the Dragon and passing everything in sight. I thought it was plausible too since the worst spanking I've ever taken there was from a 2smoke 250. Different story once I was there to the point that the slow things are annoying and even less cooperative than the cruisers. To be fair I did happen to stumble upon several groups of them and it's normal for people in groups to act like jerks.

I will say that it was way, way more fun to ride a 250 scooter there than a 1K sport bike. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

I had heard many tales about how the groms were taking over the Dragon and passing everything in sight. I thought it was plausible too since the worst spanking I've ever taken there was from a 2smoke 250. Different story once I was there to the point that the slow things are annoying and even less cooperative than the cruisers. To be fair I did happen to stumble upon several groups of them and it's normal for people in groups to act like jerks.

I will say that it was way, way more fun to ride a 250 scooter there than a 1K sport bike. 

99.5% of grom/z125 owners are no-talent asshats that the only reason they are even on two wheels at all is because of the price point for those little bikes.

Especially true for those people that do those grom rallies down there. Theres that video out there of them... heres one...

• Like 1