MORGA

Tonik

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Due to the current spread of the Chinese WuHan virus and per DeWines executive order on groups of 100 or more MORGA rides will be limited to 99 riders.

And one sammich maker....

I've bee following this thread and had a thought, The most fun ride   -  OR group ride -  I can recall was the scavenger hunt ride of, well many years ago. The idea was that we were in small groups, 5-10 bikes. The goal was not the ride itself but the destination. It was goofy enough to be fun with only occasional mach retard opportunities. It also had group conferences just to find a destination with riders switching off who was leading based on who knew where we were going or what we were going for. Perhaps a change in the focus of what a ride _is_ might help. IDK just a thought.

Not this:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

Early morning weekday is a good time to hit the stores. Pretty empty.

Stores are pretty empty no matter what time you go. That’s empty of both people and products. I went to Walmart tonight around 8. I saw very few people.  They didn’t have dog food, but I was able to find bread. It was even the kind I prefer (means nobody likes seeded rye bread). 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Tonik said:

And Amazon is struggling.

1st gallon of oil, undeliverable.

2nd gallon of oil undeliverable.

5 quarts.....3 separate shipments.

I got 2 large amazon shipments monday and tuesday. Oil and filter for the truck and bike. Various shit for the house and a tire for my old mans car. No issues. 

36 minutes ago, snot said:

Cov-19 got everyone talking again... So, thanks China?

I was thinking this is exact same thing last night. The CoronaHIV has slowed a lot of things and brought somethings to a complete halt. However, it has done nothing but increase OR activity. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2020 at 5:22 PM, Tonik said:

And Amazon is struggling.

1st gallon of oil, undeliverable.

2nd gallon of oil undeliverable.

5 quarts.....3 separate shipments.

I am on site taking care of that. 

20200423_160601.jpg

Edited by Pauly
  • Upvote 4

I truly hope OR gains life back, we don’t appreciate the culture of safe riding we cultivate because it’s like second nature to us. But when we say, all riders show up atgatt, bikes are well taken care of and prepped, people know the pace, they carry stuff for emergency, we ride 350+ miles all twisty, these concepts are like alien to most average riders while it’s just habit to us. I wish we are able to stay open and kicking so as to impart this culture to many up and coming riders. I know for a fact I am a 100% better rider because of OR and it’s riders and group rides. 👍

I been passively active in some FB groups and Tonit app etc Met feels good riders like that, and met many good riders on the roads we usually ride. On social medial Huge portion of discussion is just bloat and posted rides are crap, just bombing highways, hard parking, or just hitting suburbs and thinking those are back roads. But there are quite a few new riders around who very well could be excellent riders are right fit for OR style riding. May be inviting those good riders to this platform is the only way to get folks in and keep it alive. Search engine and self invitation in here is difficult and only the vary brave internet ride warrior will venture. Let’s be honest we are a clique and a very difficult one because of strong and odd sense of humor and communication style and even harder riding style. Talk about 400 miles loops with 2 stops and not so legal speeds. Ain’t no body can jump into this right away. 

anyways good luck and hope to see this place survive since it affect new riders survival, I truly believe that. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I truly hope OR gains life back, we don’t appreciate the culture of safe riding we cultivate because it’s like second nature to us. But when we say, all riders show up atgatt, bikes are well taken care of and prepped, people know the pace, they carry stuff for emergency, we ride 350+ miles all twisty, these concepts are like alien to most average riders while it’s just habit to us. I wish we are able to stay open and kicking so as to impart this culture to many up and coming riders. I know for a fact I am a 100% better rider because of OR and it’s riders and group rides. 👍

I been passively active in some FB groups and Tonit app etc Met feels good riders like that, and met many good riders on the roads we usually ride. On social medial Huge portion of discussion is just bloat and posted rides are crap, just bombing highways, hard parking, or just hitting suburbs and thinking those are back roads. But there are quite a few new riders around who very well could be excellent riders are right fit for OR style riding. May be inviting those good riders to this platform is the only way to get folks in and keep it alive. Search engine and self invitation in here is difficult and only the vary brave internet ride warrior will venture. Let’s be honest we are a clique and a very difficult one because of strong and odd sense of humor and communication style and even harder riding style. Talk about 400 miles loops with 2 stops and not so legal speeds. Ain’t no body can jump into this right away. 

anyways good luck and hope to see this place survive since it affect new riders survival, I truly believe that. 

Don't tell me what to do....

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, Tonik said:

Making OR Great Again

Some of you may have noticed we are dying here. While there are many things we could do I think rides are what we need to do. But we need to do them differently. We usually post up a ride, tell the noob or slow person we will wait at each corner and don't worry......that isn't going to work. For several reasons.

One, it's no damn fun for the slow person. They are basically riding on their own. So why not do that or find folks their own speed.

Two, even though we say and mean we don't care how slow they are or how long we have to wait at each corner it still creates stress, worry... anxiety....whatever you want to call it. And they end up pushing themselves. Maybe not dangerously but certainly above their happy zone. I know this to be a fact because it happens to me every time I ride with you. And I was told this exact same thing by a long time member here just recently. 

So I will plan 4 or 5 rides this summer that will be slower rides and post them up. If you want to come and stay behind me cool. But you will not take off and go like hell and wait at corners and basically create the same situation. If you do, I will pair my Sena with you at the corner and shoot you.

If 5 or 6 of us lead a few rides like this we will easily have 20+ sane social rides this season. Maybe shorter rides around the Atwood Lake area for example. And we will still have plenty of time to go like hell on other rides.

Might help, might not. But the current course leads to a non existent OR by this time next year imnsho. 

@Tonik I think you have a really valid point. I think part of the issue is that with riders you either have novice riders or very experienced riders in the motorcycle community. I feel a lot of those in the middle experience range are lost to other life forces like kids, family, jobs etc. and fall out of riding. This is similar to my experience. Many I've been riding with are quite new to the sport and I found myself being a teacher without his own teachers. In all reality, I only have a season and a half of actually ride experience in the last 15 years. Before that I had a good 6-7 Ohio seasons under my belt. 

I found myself here looking for a more skilled set of riders with which to ride. The social media outlets weren't meeting my needs for exposure to more experienced riders. I found it here.

I don't think you'll be able to cultivate a larger Rider base and grow more skilled riders without making the point of entry more accessible. A "mach retard" (by the way I love this term) pace definitely isn't going to do it. 

Count me in for what ever rides you got going and I'm more than willing to lead a few myself.

• Like 1

Thank you morgay,

I am so depressed now at 62 you have convince me it's time for me to sell the  Adv bike and the street bike and inbrace the new world order of relaxed motorcycling. I must now return to the 70's where i started and purchase a Honda Fury, personalize/modify it to meet my taste and ride off at a reasonable pace till dirt do I part. I have really enjoyed the spirited paced ride here at the O.R. (I need a Chopper Baby)

@B-Mac don’t you go selling anything. We still have plenty of riding to do together. I just need it to warm up before 9AM so I can make it farther south for our meetings. I don’t much like riding in sub 50 weather.

I still need to ride your Hocking route with you. 

You got it, I will hold off for you and any one else that enjoys a sport bike spirited pace throughout the curvy asphalt Hocking Hills region. Or a Big Bike Adventure Bike power sliding wheely hill crested Forrest gravel mixed with two track.

I still can go back to the 70's

1979 Black Forrest.jpg

1979 B-Mac.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, B-Mac said:

You got it, I will hold off for you and any one else that enjoys a sport bike spirited pace throughout the curvy asphalt Hocking Hills region. Or a Big Bike Adventure Bike power sliding wheely hill crested Forrest gravel mixed with two track.

I still can go back to the 70's

1979 Black Forrest.jpg

1979 B-Mac.jpg

Nice pictures! Yes don't do away with the spirited rides please! I look forward to joining in on many more.