MORGA

Tonik

37 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

I will lead the weekday rides. Lol

Your weekday rides are always last min leaving during work hours. Make some afternoon with a little more notice I'm always game for a romp through the surrounding counties 

• Upvote 1

I'm down for some med paced rides. I love to go mach retard but can also run a slower pace, especially since I'm a slow rider :lol:. Would also like to do some group rides where nobody (especially me) wrecks. Would be happy to lead one from canton area down to see the worlds biggest cuckoo clock down there in little Switzerland or whatever the fuck that place is. Maybe with lunch at bags in millersburg. 

• Beer 2

If my back can't play nice-nice with the squid missile I may have to sell it and get a grandpa bike. Looking at either a vmax or m109r, or perhaps a scout. I cannot go through what I did last summer again. Maybe a pre-emptive epidural shot at the beginning of the season...

12 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

If my back can't play nice-nice with the squid missile I may have to sell it and get a grandpa bike. Looking at either a vmax or m109r, or perhaps a scout. I cannot go through what I did last summer again. Maybe a pre-emptive epidural shot at the beginning of the season...

The scout is impressive. You get a chance demo one. Maybe sweet talk my mrs into letting you take hers out.

2 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Selling a very comfortable and very bulletproof Vulcan 900 Classic.

14 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Selling a very comfortable and very bulletproof Vulcan 900 Classic.

Appreciate it but I need something that's at least fast in a straight line. Those 900's are great bikes but just don't have the power I'm looking for. Also just not much of a kawi fan.

10 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Appreciate it but I need something that's at least fast in a straight line. Those 900's are great bikes but just don't have the power I'm looking for. Also just not much of a kawi fan.

I am not trying to talk you into a cruiser, but the best decision I made with the Voyager was to stop riding it like I was on a sportbike. Once I relaxed and let the bike be what it is, the ride became far more enjoyable. Now I just sit back, relax and enjoy the sights, smells and feels when cruising. 

I do have 1700cc, though. That probably helps. 

12 hours ago, Pauly said:

I am not trying to talk you into a cruiser, but the best decision I made with the Voyager was to stop riding it like I was on a sportbike. Once I relaxed and let the bike be what it is, the ride became far more enjoyable. Now I just sit back, relax and enjoy the sights, smells and feels when cruising. 

I do have 1700cc, though. That probably helps. 

I rode an 1100 shadow for a season and I rode it like a sport bike, scraped the shit out of the pegs. Good times. I also cruised it, which was enjoyable too. 

Tonik for OR President

Seriously though the problem you call out is half the reason I stopped coming out to anything other than the Dream ride and Gap Trip. I wasn't a horrible rider and I could keep a decent medium pace but I kept getting myself in to situations where I was trying to keep up and started getting too many close calls and was no longer enjoying riding. Then I'd just cruise around on my own at a slower pace but then I'd be bored. So I was stuck in this middle ground of not really having fun any more no matter where or how I rode so the bike just sat and I realized it was time for something new

Setting up rides like this is exactly how things were when I first picked up my bike and found OR. Rides were constantly being posted even if they were just jaunts around the metroparks or an easy cruise to some destination. I was about as awful as a rider as it got when I first started but over time joining those rides I picked up tricks and tips on how to be slightly less awful of a rider

7 hours ago, Tonik said:

Anyone that shows up for one of his rides and does not expect Mach Retard isn't paying attention. He is clear on what his rides are.

I followed him on one of epic rides. That was a fun day! 

• Upvote 1