Perry light dirt trip Feb 28 or 29

Katoom

New to the area, just looking for some light off road. I am riding a 701 Enduro with wore out 50/50 tires, so nothing super treacherous. If the Perry is too nasty for light trails, I will be happy for an alternate location, and I have better tires, but I am planning on riding to Perry. Of course this is all weather dependent.

From this link

http://forestry.ohiodnr.gov/perry#tabc3

The APV areas at Perry State Forest are closed from the day after the end of deer gun season until March 31.

Due to soil conditions in Ohio most trails Moto or bike are closed until late spring. Wayne I believe opens Memorial Day weekend.

41 minutes ago, Katoom said:

Ouch, guess that rules out the dirt trails, what about any gravel roads in the area? Could take the big bike on those.

Lots of gravel roads NW of Coshocton.  Most of the small roads north of 36 & on either side of 60 are gravel and relatively remote.

Edited by Tpoppa

4 hours ago, Katoom said:

Ouch, guess that rules out the dirt trails, what about any gravel roads in the area? Could take the big bike on those.

4 hours ago, CBBaron said:

From this link

http://forestry.ohiodnr.gov/perry#tabc3

Due to soil conditions in Ohio most trails Moto or bike are closed until late spring. Wayne I believe opens Memorial Day weekend.

Wayne opens 4/15.  My daughters have been asking about the dates for Perry and Wayne for weeks. 

• Upvote 1