Mid-Ohio in May

Katoom

Anyone planning on riding Mid-Ohio in May?

I have been off a track for years (6 and counting) and want to get back to it. I was never a racer, but enjoy the ability to really push my bike. Still riding an old '02 ZX-9R, so I will definitely not be in the fast pack, but as there are probably many on here that have spent more time on Mid-Ohio than I have spent on all the tracks I have ridden combined, I figured looking for interested riders, and maybe some pointers for the track, this would be a good place to start.

40 minutes ago, Katoom said:

Too cold, not enough interested individuals, summer break? :)

Too cold. Weather is unpredictable that time of year (lets face it, it's ohio it could be 85 tomorrow). That place is miserable in the cold/rain. Not because you're cold and you're wet, because the surface becomes an ice rink.

Nelsons Ledges has a much better surface, it was just repaved. If your willing to travel, Pittsburgh International Race Complex (PIRC) is one of the premier tracks on this half of the United States and also has a good surface for pretty much all weather conditions.

N2 Trackdays runs at both tracks. https://www.n2td.org/

LEAN Trackdays runs Nelsons much more often than anyone else. https://leantd.com/

Edited by TimTheAzn

• 1 month later...

I got all excited about track last fall/winter when there were only a couple events left and I wasn't prepared.  Then I slowly forgot about it over the winter, now I am getting stoked again but am still not prepared.   I might try Mid Ohio in may if it isn't cold and/or drizzly.  That is if I manage to put the receiver on my car and finish converting the sailboat trailer I'll be hauling my bike on.  And buy some leather... yeah, I did nothing over the winter.  

3 hours ago, meadeam said:

I got all excited about track last fall/winter when there were only a couple events left and I wasn't prepared.  Then I slowly forgot about it over the winter, now I am getting stoked again but am still not prepared.   I might try Mid Ohio in may if it isn't cold and/or drizzly.  That is if I manage to put the receiver on my car and finish converting the sailboat trailer I'll be hauling my bike on.  And buy some leather... yeah, I did nothing over the winter.  

May? Good luck with that. Weather wise and Pandemic wise.

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

May? Good luck with that. Weather wise and Pandemic wise.

I mean there's technically an event taking registrations, but I'm not hopeful.  I'll defer to the people who know about track conditions.  Pandemic wise  If this damn virus hits peak infection rates in the US this week, I think by mid May we may see an easing of restrictions.  We won't be back to normal for several months, and I believe there's going to be a new normal.  This is going to stick with us awhile.

So yeah, mid-summer is a much more realistic estimate.  If I pretend I have something to do in May maybe I'll get my shit in a pile and be ready.

lockdown until everyone in the usa has had 2 weeks verified quarantine.   then another 2 weeks. then another 2 weeks. then another 2 weeks.  we gotta be sure guys.   when everyone is living in tents and under bridges maybe we will lift the quarantine.  but to be sure lets throw another 4 weeks on top.  

Edited by serpentracer