April 25: 6th Annual NEO Meat & Greet

Pauly

On 2/25/2020 at 6:49 PM, Tonik said:

He doesn't have a bike.

I have access to one or I have offers to trade the mullet mobile for a Street Glide or a gsxr and cash :lol:

On 2/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, Gixxus Christ! said:

I'll race his mulletmobile.

TBD if I still have it by then. Odds became higher in the last 2 days though that I keep it another year

On 2/27/2020 at 7:29 AM, TimTheAzn said:

It's not even a WS6.

I'm not taking the bait on this dumbass comment again ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

I can totally see you doing this. :) 

It's the only trade so far that's been intriguing but doesn't really achieve the goal I want if I'm going to get rid of the mullet mobile

On 2/28/2020 at 8:31 PM, Howabusa said:

Sell your bird and buy a sport bike!

selling the car would be the first domino to have me moving south in 2-3 years but its too far south for a motorcycle to be of any use.

11 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Going back home to Mexico? 

I wish. I'd be rich if in Mexico.

South Florida has become an oddly realistic possibility with having family on my side already there, my wife's sister and family is now moving down there for work and my in laws would love to move down there out of the cold but don't want to leave yet since they are very close with my girls. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bad324 said:

I wish. I'd be rich if in Mexico.

South Florida has become an oddly realistic possibility with having family on my side already there, my wife's sister and family is now moving down there for work and my in laws would love to move down there out of the cold but don't want to leave yet since they are very close with my girls. 

Life is too short to wait for plans to unfold. Start pulling layers asap. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bad324 said:

selling the car would be the first domino to have me moving south in 2-3 years but its too far south for a motorcycle to be of any use.

You can still ride in south florida, just in long, straight, flat lines. Perfectly suited to your capabilities. 

1 hour ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

You can still ride in south florida, just in long, straight, flat lines. Perfectly suited to your capabilities. 

Raise your hand if you’ve never blown a curve and ended up off roading

🙋🏼‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Also can’t blow a curve and go off roading if you never take a curve 

05AA6BEE-5340-40B0-8FB3-E7103C6222C2.jpeg

5 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

At age 64, it has been my personal experience that as one ages, one becomes more risk-averse; about almost any human activity. Though I'm still waiting for my restomodded 1971 Honda (four years and counting, yet the project is still incomplete--another story), I imagine I will be more into the interaction with my surroundings and wind therapy than focused on challenging myself during rides. I'm no whimp, but my values have changed.

Would love to hear from other *seasoned* citizen riders about this . . .

Edited by SpecialEd

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

At age 64, it has been my personal experience that as one ages, one becomes more risk-averse; about almost any human activity. Though I'm still waiting for my restomodded 1971 Honda (four years and counting, yet the project is still incomplete--another story), I imagine I will be more into the interaction with my surroundings and wind therapy than focused on challenging myself during rides. I'm no whimp, but my values have changed.

Would love to hear from other *seasoned* citizen riders about this . . .

I'm 40 and very much aware of my mortality and ever-nearing death. I still ride like a 20 year old goon because I'm fucking stupid and have good insurance. I also have 20 years experience over the average 20 year old goon, which helps..

The overarching theme of my riding philosophy is NOT to interact with my surroundings. I think they call that crashing..

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

The overarching theme of my riding philosophy is NOT to interact with my surroundings. I think they call that crashing..

Sam, I actually laughed out loud when I read this part of your post. Perhaps "interact" was a poor word choice on my part. What I meant to have said was "enjoy my surroundings." I would have liked having you in my classroom; a sense of humor makes the day go by quickly.

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

Sam, I actually laughed out loud when I read this part of your post. Perhaps "interact" was a poor word choice on my part. What I meant to have said was "enjoy my surroundings." I would have liked having you in my classroom; a sense of humor makes the day go by quickly.

Glad I could make you lol out loud. You should see me after a few beers, I'm either really funny or really irritating depending on whether you're me or not.