The annual OR gap trip

Howabusa

I'm looking at going down the week/weekend after the 4th of July. Sometime  between the 6th and 12th. Very tentative haven't gotten time off approved yet. Not planning a group thing because I might be meeting other friends down there. So like I said it's a very tentative date and plan. Mostly likely 2 nights in the area and the rest nomad back up the BRP for the trip home.

Edited by 2talltim

37 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

My plan for July is to ride to the west coast and ride the PCH. Only have tentative plan at this point.

id love to do that but only have one week of vacation to use for a bike trip and that's a minimum a 2 week trip

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

id love to do that but only have one week of vacation to use for a bike trip and that's a minimum a 2 week trip

That’s because of you and Becky’s cruise addiction! Lol My plan is to camp and take as long as I need.

19 hours ago, Tonik said:

Dates don't matter to me. I vote nomad. We drive past too many good roads just to get to Fontana.

WV.  Stay a night in Elkins, and a night or 2 in Buckhannon and explore.  Pretty much every state route in the area is wiggly with little traffic.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, Pauly said:

I agree with Tony. I plan to spend time exploring WV this season. It's right here. Why go all the way to the gap? If I miss the gap.. I can go next year. 

I rather enjoy the gap areas atmosphere especially the last couple times I've gone down and stayed at the resort/campgrounds right at the dragon. Last fall I went down by myself and camped in my little tent and enjoyed the fidey races and camp fire at night with a lot of like minded folks. Get up in the morning listening to sights and sounds of bikes and riders. Head to the grill fro a hot breakfast till the morning dew lifts and temps come up. Kinda relaxes me just thinking about it. Meet a few new friends every time i do that. Take a couple days to get there(twisties), couple nights at the dragon campground then a couple days ride home (twisties)sounds like the perfect extended weekend to me. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

The Monongahela NF and the G.W./Jefferson NF areas of WV have some GREAT Big Bike ADV off road-ish :bikefall:style routes that have easy exit access to

Hotel/Food/Beer/Shower/Rest/Beer. Also great asphalt twisties.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pauly said:

I think your anesthesia was playing tricks on you. They said your nut was the size of a bladder stone. 

As you know by the pic on your phone of my one remaining nut that is not an issue. If you are still unsure ask The Whale. It knows very well which of us have bigger balls.

7 minutes ago, Tonik said:

As you know by the pic on your phone of my one remaining nut that is not an issue. If you are still unsure ask The Whale. It knows very well which of us have bigger balls.

I can hustle that bike just fine. I just do it with a little self-preservation instinct. Your skull, unlike your scrotum, is chock full o' nuts. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Pauly said:

I can hustle that bike just fine. I just do it with a little self-preservation instinct. Your skull, unlike your scrotum, is chock full o' nuts. 

I road that bike like I did for 75 thousand miles so and did just fine. I will text you the number of the doc that removed my ball, he will give it to you. You need it.

• Haha 1