Any lawyers present?

Gixxus Christ!

I hate when the law protects scumbags. It shouldn’t be difficult. You gave the guy 14k. He provides material receipts, hours worked, and deducts that amount from 14k then owes the difference. It really annoys me that it’s a contractor. I know many people in the construction business including my father.  Guys like this scumbag make many people believe all contractors are out to rob them. Sounds like you’re dealing with a true piece of 💩. Sorry to hear about this but I would tell you not all contractors are like him. I wish you lived closer, so I could recommend someone. I hope you get a decent amount of your money back when it’s all said and done. 

32 minutes ago, durk said:

I hate when the law protects scumbags. It shouldn’t be difficult. You gave the guy 14k. He provides material receipts, hours worked, and deducts that amount from 14k then owes the difference. It really annoys me that it’s a contractor. I know many people in the construction business including my father.  Guys like this scumbag make many people believe all contractors are out to rob them. Sounds like you’re dealing with a true piece of 💩. Sorry to hear about this but I would tell you not all contractors are like him. I wish you lived closer, so I could recommend someone. I hope you get a decent amount of your money back when it’s all said and done. 

If I paid him for hours it would all be gone. His fucktard brother spent 6 weeks on my bathroom and it's still not done.  

• 2 weeks later...

Delivered an ultimatum yesterday. $9k by 5:30 today or I would use every legal option available to me to make him and his business suffer. Shocker, he didn't pay, so I'll have a demand letter drafted tomorrow and prepare to file suit. He doesn't have a leg to stand on and he knows it, pretty sure he's just testing my resolve. Also pretty sure he thinks we are fucking idiots by the way he lies and fabricates bullshit to try and dissuade us from going to court. I called him on all his bluffs today and his last text was about how we're bullying him and the amount we are asking is too high. 

I hope he enjoys the calm before the coming storm. He sewed this whirlwind, now he's going to fucking reap it.

That sucks .i do remodeling & I’ve finished a A few houses last year that contractors fd up in your area I’m not looking to Gain any more work im booked 5months right now . Best of luck to you Though

He is currently talking to the bank about returning the money. If he bails on that my attorney has a demand letter drafted that basically outlines how we can prove intent to commit fraud, pierce the corporate veil and go after him personally for not only the entire materials draw, but legal fees and punitive damages.  Waiting to see how things pan out.

Good luck. My sister's wedding photographer never gave her the photos she paid thousands of dollars for, the lady just up and disappeared with the $$ after spending the day at the wedding with her camera. Make sure the authorities can find the guy to serve him if you go that route otherwise things just get stuck in perpetual limbo and you never get anything, even if the court orders a judgement against him. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, what said:

Good luck. My sister's wedding photographer never gave her the photos she paid thousands of dollars for, the lady just up and disappeared with the $$ after spending the day at the wedding with her camera. Make sure the authorities can find the guy to serve him if you go that route otherwise things just get stuck in perpetual limbo and you never get anything, even if the court orders a judgement against him. 

Wow what a shit human being.

7 hours ago, what said:

Man that's fucked up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Our attorney sent the demand letter last week, he responded yesterday, says he wants to repay the money, just needs to *get* it first by completing a project for someone. So far all he has done is lie and stall for time, so I'm trying to not get overly optimistic about this. Our lawyer is going to communicate with him in the coming week to set a payment deadline. With everything going on with covid19 we really would rather not shell out a $2k retainer to file suits against this idiot, so once again he controls the situation while we sit on our hands.