Looking for a competent suspension shop/central Ohio

Redwings01

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to add the Race Tech emulators and springs to my 2017 Kawasaki Voyager. The closest "Race Tech" authorized center is in Henderson, WV. I don't mind taking the trip down to WV, but if I can keep my business local, I'd like to. Any suspension shops in the central Ohio area that really know what the hell they are doing. Not looking for cheap, looking for extremely competent. Thanks!!

36 minutes ago, Redwings01 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to add the Race Tech emulators and springs to my 2017 Kawasaki Voyager. The closest "Race Tech" authorized center is in Henderson, WV. I don't mind taking the trip down to WV, but if I can keep my business local, I'd like to. Any suspension shops in the central Ohio area that really know what the hell they are doing. Not looking for cheap, looking for extremely competent. Thanks!!

I had the brace and went with 15 weight oil in the stock front suspension on my Voyager. I was super happy and drove the hell out of it in Twisties.

Might want to try that first if you are semi handy.

Race Tech calls for 20w oil, but that's with two additional holes drilled into the damper. The "Race Tech" dealer in Henderson quoted around 150 for the labor. That, to me, to take the front forks off and re-install is a steal. That's something I haven't done on any of my bikes. Really wish Kawi put some drain ports in the bottom of the fork and this would be easy-peesy, like my former Wing was!  I will look int that brace though.

No seals to replace for an oil swap. You will have to remove them any way. You remove the top cap before you take out the forks...hang them upside down and have a beer then fill them properly. There is only an o ring to pay attention to.

That said, now that I know the cost of your way...I would stick with your original plan.

I am curious to know how a Voyager rides with emulators. I was considering some Progressive springs all the way around would be a good enough improvement. A quality pair of shocks would be ideal, but there isn't squat in the aftermarket. 

This one is mine. It looks a lot like @Tonik's, but mine is better because it's mine. 

20191014_200235.jpg

• Haha 3

Thanks for the recommendation of 28 Motorsports!!! That is the BEST color for the Voyager. My 17 came in black and dark grey. I HATE any black vehicle as I'm way to over OCD about my vehicles. Yet, I have a black bike and a lack Jet Ski. Two things you should never own black!!

Pauly, I think Race Tech has some nice custom built rear shocks for the Voyager. I think they are in the 800 dollar range.

Edited by Redwings01
  • Thanks 1

I stopped by 28 Motorsports the other day and met Ryan. Seems like a solid dude. My Voyager will be going to him. Also found out that he works on Kawasaki Jet Ski's. I just moved back from Florida so it's nice to know that my bike AND ski can go to the same guy. Ryan is 15 minutes away from me so I'm looking forward to getting my bike to him. Thanks for the heads up on a well regarded shop gentlemen!

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/26/2020 at 12:02 PM, TimTheAzn said:

28 Motorsports fucked my buddy over on a Motoamerica Supersport build.... $55k bike/build and its pretty much worthless to race MA.

would that be CJ lorche? or however you spell it?

i'd be interested in the other side details

Did you only get the other parties side? 
Asking because there’s always 3 sides to every story. His side, their side & the truth. 
I know nothing about this story for the record. Just throwing the 3 sides out. But I know racers and how it’s always everyone else’s fault, me included lol.  I’ve known Ryan for a lot of years and have watched him go above and beyond day in a day out to make everyone happy so I find it a little hard to believe that he knowingly or intentionally fucked anyone over.